• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how they could ever possibly top last year. Last year was basically them bringing the dreams of things that would never happen come true. They would have to reanimate ODB on stage and have him rap with a hologram of parappa as their announcement to be able to top last year.

That being said, I am excited to see what they will be showing. They are firmly in the drivers seat now, and I hope they put the naysayers down by showing them that by being in front it does not mean they are going to stop trying to get better. Frankly gaming and the Playstation brand is the most important (or maybe second most) part of Sony, no way can they sit back on their laurels.

They just need to present more ambitious games. It will be hard to surpass last year conference emotional punch, but I disagree with the notion that its content can not be topped...

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who saw our marketing schedule and said "Fuck it"
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows
Dreams 2.0, better lock it

Off the top of my head. Eat that, marketing....

nhqptndvbmp.gif

Man the possible potential in this E3...

2375663-5357184615-ipHqz.gif

What do you guys think...Horizon this year or early next?

Arguments for next year
- Shinobi said so
- We've seen very little of the game
- Sony's been delaying all of their major games and seem to prefer Spring for exclusives

Arguments for this year
- They haven't delayed it yet. Hadn't they delayed Uncharted 4 by this point last year? I would think announcing a delay before E3 would make the most sense so E3 doesn't bring any bad news.
- The French ad saying 2016 in the Uncharted 4 box.

I think either it or God of War 4 releases this fall and the other in March. God of War usually launches in March so unless there's serious issues going through testing I think it launches this year.

Spizz

Banned
I really hope that Sucker Punch Spider-Man game is real. The more I think about it, the more I'd love for it to happen. Not going in expecting it though, if it happens cool, if not, it's ok.

Uncharted 4 DLC is still way too early, I'd bet that's a guaranteed PSX reveal. A FFVII trailer would be cool, but I think Square is in full XV hype mode.

And of course, Crash.

They just need to present more ambitious games. It will be hard to surpass last year conference emotional punch, but I disagree with the notion that its content can not be topped...

Topping the content would be hard because of the pent up demand for the three big announcements. Many thought TLG was dead and that FF7R and Shenmue 3 were games that could just never happen. So to have all three be announced at the same conference was insane. There really aren't many other games out there with the same fan demand. You have Crash obviously and Half Life 3.

I can guarantee at least 12 copies sold between me and my clan who I am still friends with from when we played. We have been begging for this to happen forever,its insane how Sony continues to give this the cold shoulder.

Same situation here. I still talk to people who I played with on SOCOM 1 even though we haven't played the same game together since probably 2008.

Trace

Banned
So do we think that they're going to do the theater thing again this year? I went last year and it was a blast.

hupla

The Last Guardian has to get a date at this thig right? Like it would look pretty bad for them to have re unveiled it last year and not at least have a date this year

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Has Sony announced if they're doing the theater experience thing like the last two years yet?

I'm one of the people who enjoyed last year's conference but could easily have it topped. That's because I don't give two shits about Final Fantasy or Shemnue (?). Horizon: Zero Dawn was easily the star of the show and looked amazing. The Last Guardian was a nice reveal but looked kinda rough IMO. If they announce that Horizon is out this fall, as well as show God of War 4 and Dead Don't Ride, this year easily tops last for my interests.

Elfstruck

Hmm? Titanfall 2 will definitely be there Is has nothing to do with titanfall lol. One is ea another is activision

I think what he meant is that we won't see Titanfall 2 at Sony's conference since COD is there.

Anyway, DREAMS 2.0 = Crash, Agent, Syphon Filter. The new holy trinity.

biteren

Hmm? Titanfall 2 will definitely be there Is has nothing to do with titanfall lol. One is ea another is activision

i figured MS is gonna show off BF1 and maybe Sony shows TF2 campaign since EA wants to get the PS4 base on the game. i figured Activision wont be comfy with getting out done by Titanfall

FelipeMGM

I'm one of the people who enjoyed last year's conference but could easily have it topped. That's because I don't give two shits about Final Fantasy or Shemnue (?). Horizon: Zero Dawn was easily the star of the show and looked amazing. The Last Guardian was a nice reveal but looked kinda rough IMO. If they announce that Horizon is out this fall, as well as show God of War 4 and Dead Don't Ride, this year easily tops last for my interests.

I actually care abouth both, but if Crash is there is topped lol

The Uncharted demo last year can be replaced by a new Horizon lenghty demo. GoW 4 opening like TLG was last year, Dead Dont Ride could be the Horizon moment (new IP with gameplay trailer) and Crash comeback as the nostalgia bomb that was FFVII R and Shenmue, Throw in a third party announcement like a new Resident Evil and some Warner game (Ex:Shadow Of Mordor 2, WB Montreal new game), add mandatory big TP games like CoD, Destiny and FFXV + indie godness and its pretty much set.

Pretty amazing if you ask me

Boke1879

I'm probably in the minority, but I really want to see Destiny 2.

You are NOT in the minority. For as much shit as everyone gives Destiny there is still a huge active playerbase for it and it's making Activision some money. Destiny 2 will be big but it's on Bungie to show what they've learned.

You're going to see a lot of people going back once that hits.

biteren

You are NOT in the minority. For as much shit as everyone gives Destiny there is still a huge active playerbase for it and it's making Activision some money. Destiny 2 will be big but it's on Bungie to show what they've learned.

You're going to see a lot of people going back once that hits.

im curious to see what Bungie does aswell, will the sequel be the Destiny we all wanted?

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who saw our marketing schedule and said "Fuck it"
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows
Dreams 2.0, better lock it

Off the top of my head. Eat that, marketing....

If we end up massively disappointed, it's on you!

biteren

EA has their own event so you can find Titanfall 2 stuff there.

well yeah, but i got a feeling that the MS conference is gonna show more BF1 stuff, from that i figured EA would show more Titanfall 2 as Sony pressor. probably leaning toward what you said though

I'm probably in the minority, but I really want to see Destiny 2.

You are not in the minority. When the BF reveal was happening, the thread was freaking out about 150k people watching and continuing to freakout as it went up. People fail to realize Bungie was doing 200K+ for their Destiny reveal streams leading up to content launches - I wanna say they got to 250k viewers at one point. A lot of people care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom