• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
That conference was awful. The bar has been set very low. Sony will have surpassed it in the first minute of their show.

The thing is, if Sony open with the right game, then what you said is not hyperbole at all. That's how underwhelming EA's conference was.

Turkoop

Banned
very weak EA. Battlefield looks fucking dope, and I'm totally hyped for this. But where are the demos. I bet Andromeda will be delayed again. AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS CRITERIONS GAME

FelipeMGM

Just realized that Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs 2, Dishonored 2, Mafia 3, Gears Of War 4, CoD IW, GT Sport, PKMN Sun & Moon, World Of FF, DQ Builders are all beeing released between October 7 and November 18. Too many games, too little time

Also, none of this are entirely new IP's lol

Mifune

Mehmber
That at least had a decent amount of game footage. But that Star Wars video...Wow...

But those Star Wars games aren't supposed to be out for a long time. Mass Effect is slated to release in less than a year! And it's barely cohered into a game-like concept.

Tonky

Dev footage is great to see after you've played the game as a "behind-the-scenes" sort of thing. I really did not need to see mo-cap for a game that won't release for another 2-3 years.

Boke1879

Just realized that Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs 2, Dishonored 2, Mafia 3, Gears Of War 4, CoD IW, GT Sport, PKMN Sun & Moon, World Of FF, DQ Builders are all beeing released between October 7 and November 18. Too many games, too little time

Yea some games are just going to get lost in the shuffle.

Loudninja

Yep thats why Horizon release date is great.

Shin-chan

Sony could open with Skylanders Crash edition and as long as it had gameplay it would be better than that dog shit of a show.

At these events seeing dev diaries and concept art and behind the scenes PCs doing game engine shit is the most pointless thing. You put that in your special edition! Not your press conference that's supposed to sell me the game and your idea for the future of Star Wars.

labaronx

You could likely cram in psvr and titles, nba 2k and wwe 17, it becomes perfectly clear why sony decided post holiday was good for Horizon

Majmun

Don't forget The Last Guardian

But those Star Wars games aren't supposed to be out for a long time. Mass Effect is slated to release in less than a year! And it's barely cohered into a game-like concept.

That's true, I guess what pisses me off is that they spent time on concepts. They did that in 2014 with Criterion's new game, which i'm really excited about. Of course we haven't heard or seen anything from that game since.

Skeeter49

That EA conference was really underwhelming. I expected a big Star Wars blowout/ a nice Mass Effect demo. Those 2 things felt like locks for the conference, and somehow we got neither. The way they're talking about Mass Effect, there's no way that's in the first half of 2017, which is insane, because counting dev diaries, how many E3's has Mass Effect had? Visceral's Star Wars game is falling in that same boat, it's been at a few E3's through dev diaries, and it has next years E3 where hopefully we get a trailer, then probably the 2018 E3.

I think they did a good job handling Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1, and the EA originals are cool, but the last few years it's felt like EA has had the worst conference, in terms of content anyway. Pacing I don't think they're awful at, I think Ubisoft and Nintendo had worse pacing last year, but better content than EA. This year, even Nintendo having a better E3 than EA is a lock.

Mifune

Mehmber
That's true, I guess what pisses me off is that they spent time on concepts. They did that in 2014 with Criterion's new game, which i'm really excited about. Of course we haven't heard or seen anything from that game since.

Yep, the ol' concept video. If I'm not mistaken they did a Star Wars concept vid in 2014 as well.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lavern May Cry is definitely happening. Her evil twin, Shirley, is basically playing the role of Vergil.

Boke1879

they have to make it through half of tomorrow too. their conference isn't until tomorrow night.

I get that. But all the focus will be on MS and their conference, then Ubi etc. There will just be a huge influx of info that I think anything "leaked" kinda gets lost. That said I hope it's not leaks like what happened in the MS thread. Holy shit that's like the titanic sinking.

DavidDesu

Told you guys EA is terrible at unveiling games. Lo and behold, shit show of a conference.

It really makes you wonder how they can do it so badly. They're a huge company with huge resources and it comes across as quite tone deaf (all that FIFA story build up with the actor on stage) and really bland.

At least Sony know about building hype and actually connecting with people emotionally like in their build up montages and stuff. Adverts like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkMdi3XBhw

EA have done virtually nothing they can actually show you that makes you nostalgic for anything. Nostalgia for that time you bought the same game for the 5th time in a row just for a slight roster update! :p There's so little to make you warm inside, lol.

labaronx

It really makes you wonder how they can do it so badly. They're a huge company with huge resources and it comes across as quite tone deaf (all that FIFA story build up with the actor on stage) and really bland.

At least Sony know about building hype and actually connecting with people emotionally like in their build up montages and stuff. Adverts like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkMdi3XBhw

EA have done virtually nothing they can actually show you that makes you nostalgic for anything. Nostalgia for that time you bought the same game for the 5th time in a row just for a slight roster update! :p There's so little to make you warm inside, lol.

NO FIGHT NIGHT ALREADY MAKES THIS E3 KINDA DISAPPOINTING FOR ME

Elfstruck

I get that. But all the focus will be on MS and their conference, then Ubi etc. There will just be a huge influx of info that I think anything "leaked" kinda gets lost. That said I hope it's not leaks like what happened in the MS thread. Holy shit that's like the titanic sinking.

What happended in MS' thread? AlI I know is the leak of recore, xbox S, DR4, and New Ori.

Elfstruck

As for EA, I have no word to express my disappointment. I wait a year for a new ME trailer but all they show is that behind the scene trailer? C'mmon, the game is releasing next March and they dont show some gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom