• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaBish

Here's my guesses for what the conference is going to hold. Just my two cents.

A lock:
-Horizon Zero Dawn demo
-Uncharted 4 DLC and/or accolades
-Indie corner sizzle reel with some great looking games
-PSVR talk with some new games
-COD/Destiny

Likely:
-God Of War IV unveil transitioning into a demo
-Dead Don't Ride unveil
-PS Neo unveiling and talk about transition from PS4
-Dreams demo (please MM)
-Crash the ReBrandicoot
-The Last Guardian
-GT Sport trailer (or at least a mention)
-No Man's Sky

Possible:
-FFVII remake gameplay
-Sucker Punch new IP
-New first party IP from Japan studio
-Suicide Squad by WB Montreal
-Kingdom Hearts III trailer

Unlikely:
-Naughty Dog new project
-Shenmue III gameplay
-Red Dead 3 unveil (only at Sony's conference due to obligations from Agent)
-Ni No Kuni 2 (gamescom or TGS)
-Detroit: Become Human (Gamescom, I think)
-DMC 5
-From Software VR title

It's Dead, Jim:
-Agent

Just listing all of this off makes me realize how completely stacked Sony's conference could be. I'm sure some of this will get bumped to Gamescom or I'm forgetting something important that might be there... It'll be interesting to see how the big three projects are progressing.

haha...some amazing stuff in there like this:

xTiTnCLj29FdoARTnW.gif

Can't wait to see what we get this year. Best time on GAF.

I love the irony that that GIF is from The Interview, the movie that got Sony (Pictures) hacked and is reused as a hype-maker for Sony's E3 press conference.

Go_Ly_Dow

Tempting to come out of retirement for E3 2016.

I exhausted all of my hype energy for E3 2015, especially when uniting the hype banners for FF7R, TLG ad Shenmue 3.

Is it worth rallying the troops for one more E3 of madness?

I exhausted all of my hype energy for E3 2015, especially when uniting the hype banners for FF7R, TLG ad Shenmue 3.

One more time before you ride off into the sunset.

At this point my lord what are we rallying for?

Go_Ly_Dow

At this point my lord what are we rallying for?

For safe passage and a good showing for all the announced games.

A conference of hype, games games games, shocks n twists, MEGATONS and most importantly for the dreams of others to come true. (Crash Bandicoot, Resi 7 horror, P.T etc...) ;_;

BELIEVE!

Noctis will cry tears of joy when he sees ffxv again

M.night about to hit us with them spiritual poems

And mediking will somehow find a way to compare everything to the naruto anime

Zukkoyaki

I'm ready for a release date for The Last Guardian after reading some of the IGN preview. Sounds like everything we dreamed it would be!

FelipeMGM

So any idea what "Days Gone" is? I was thinking it could be like what happened with Entwined (announced & released at the same time) if it's a smaller game.

It could be the same from the same studio from Entwined as well (Pixelopus). We should at least learn what they are working on soon.

Boke1879

Yea with this new TLG info. It seems like this is a tease just before E3. Definitely expecting a short trailer with an official release date there. And I suspect the game will be out fairly soon. Thinking August or September.

FelipeMGM

Calling it now.....Until Dawn 2 teaser

Man, must be too soon right? Its been only 9 months since the release of the first one. We could hear something from them this year at PGW or PSX tho

I loved that game, cant wait for more stuff on the same vibe by them

AntMurda

A few remasters might be announced no? Siren: Blood Curse (PS3) was leaked as a possible candidate. Maybe Resistence: Fall of Man joins as well.

Unkle

I can't think of a more perfect fit for VR.

I'd take a bare bones port with VR implementation.

I do believe it's coming but an E3 reveal may be a little premature. It all depends on how aggressively Sony wants to push VR within its allotted stage time. PSX is a safer bet but who knows at this stage?

Other predictions:

- The Evil Within 2 gets an official reveal alongside the return Prey 2 at Bethesda's conference.

- No Man's Sky gets a VR reveal.

- Resident Evil 7 is announced and it's a reboot of sorts, but it could be showcased at Microsoft's show; release date tentatively penned in for early 2017.

- God of War IV action-packed trailer.

- The new Red Dead is formally revealed on stage with Sony.

- Dead Don't Ride (Bend's long-awaited game) gets a formal reveal with a holiday release.

I hope any new game reveal from Sony at E3 is following how Horizon reveal. cool trailer followed by gameplay demo. that was one of the best game reveal at last year E3.

so if they're revealing GoW4 and Dead Dont Ride, I hope they also have gameplay footage.

farisr

What happened to Sony's RPG? Did we ever figure out what it was?
No. Here are the last two things Verendus has said about it.

June 2015 - Verendus said he doesn't need to say more about the RPG as we'll know about it "soon enough."

September 2015 - Verendus said not to expect it at events like TGS as Sony's trying to make this game appeal around the world rather than just a Japanese audience.

Mix that with Gopher implying that Sony's gonna do a blowout and basically show everything they can rather than save it for later, I'm fairly confident we'll see the RPG at the E3 conference this year.

Everything left that I'm looking forward to is from Capcom:

- DMC5
- Dragon's Dogma 2
- Deep Down
- Resident Evil 7

etc.

They're really the only Japanese company left to haven't pull out something big for me (Not into fighting games)

EDIT: Oh, also looking forward to more Nioh after the demo.

anyone think Dragon Quest XI will make an appearance at the show? We have gone too long with no new videos or screens of the game! I know TGS is more likely but .....

Tagg9

Predictions:

- God of War 4 announced with gameplay trailer, launches summer 2017
- Crash Bandicoot developed by SCEJ announced; no release date
- VR compatibility announced for No Man's Sky, game has been delayed and will launch alongside PS VR
- Co-op multiplayer trailer for Uncharted 4
- New PlayStation All-Stars game announced with 3D Power Stone-esque perspective developed by Namco Bandai
- Sony Bend's game is still not shown
- Horizon gets another gameplay trailer and is given a December release date

Shin-chan

I said before that the thing I was waiting most for was Sonys big JRPG, if it exists, but that's not quite true. The other title is a true Itsuno developed Devil May Cry 5 and I hope that Boyes tweet is a hint because I've been waiting since 4.

Itsuno is the best action game director of all time. Kamiya doesn't know shit compared to him.

Predictions:

- God of War 4 announced with gameplay trailer, launches summer 2017
- Crash Bandicoot developed by SCEJ announced; no release date
- VR compatibility announced for No Man's Sky, game has been delayed and will launch alongside PS VR
- Co-op multiplayer trailer for Uncharted 4
- New PlayStation All-Stars game announced with 3D Power Stone-esque perspective developed by Namco Bandai
- Sony Bend's game is still not shown
- Horizon gets another gameplay trailer and is given a December release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom