• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that the more powerful GPU isn't intended for anything more than much higher resolutions for 4K TVs while maintaining performance of their 1080p version + some more effects.

we'll have to wait and see though

I could see that. I still expect some major differences on 1st party games though. I'm not 100% sure Neo will be there but I just think its likely. Maybe they'll wait though, just seems kind of weird to spring something like that on the general public so late in the game. You would want a bigger lead in to market I would think, and the summer months in general are incredibly slow for hardware so it wouldn't have a significant impact on sales announcing it either.

But hey maybe they'll push the announcement off for a couple more months.

Chase17

Honestly, the whole conference could just show more of previously announced games and I'd be happy. Any reveals are just icing on the cake.

Looking forward to it.

aAMn22R.gif

Easy Allies are making an announcement tomorrow. I wonder if they have been invited to participate in Sony's conference somehow.

icespide

Banned
I could see that. I still expect some major differences on 1st party games though. I'm not 100% sure Neo will be there but I just think its likely. Maybe they'll wait though, just seems kind of weird to spring something like that on the general public so late in the game. You would want a bigger lead in to market I would think, and the summer months in general are incredibly slow for hardware so it wouldn't have a significant impact on sales announcing it either.

But hey maybe they'll push the announcement off for a couple more months.

let me clarify my argument a bit. I think there will definitely be substantial differences on first party games but I think these differences will be appreciated by the types of gamers who are more technical and enjoy Digital Foundry articles.

I don't think these type of differences will be the type that would warrant a "look at how good this looks on PS4Neo" at a press conference. I think they would just show the game and not comment on which version of the game we are seeing.

Showing something like God of War 4 and making it a point to say its running on PS4Neo is just going to make folks that aren't planning on upgrading assume their version will be shit.

Ragona

Was just thinking - as Arkham Knight was quite prominent in Sonys conferences in the past - what about Rocksteadys new IP on stage?

bitbydeath

Anyone remember when the pre E3 footage/content started dropping last year? Was it 1/2/3 weeks before?

I fully expect we'll get some No Mans Sky and Last Guardian prior to the show.

Mikey Jr.

So what are absolute locks for sure?

1. Cod
2. Destiny whatever
3. Horizon?
4. Shenmue update
5. Bennnnnnnnnnnd?
6. Gow4
7.???

P5 releasing this year for the rest of the world

please Sony

Shenmue, TLG, Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, Ni no Kuni 2, Sony Bend, MM Dreams, GOW, P5, Kingdom Hearts content
Also Crash SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Cod
2. Destiny whatever
3. Horizon?
4. Shenmue update
5. Bennnnnnnnnnnd?
6. Gow4
7.???

The only things I can think are 100% without a doubt locked in are COD, Destiny Expansion, Horizon, GOW4, and the Last Guardian. Shenmue and Sony Bend are likely but not sure we can say its 100% guaranteed. Similar situation with Sucker Punch. Good chance they will be there but maybe not

delSai

If Sucker Punchs Spidey game is real it should be called "The Infamous Spider-Man" lol
I so hope its real

E3 and monday night RAW. Just your typical Brit night in summer.

Oh, and Crash and Persona have totally got to happen. And the Last Guardian will clean house.

And Agent

tumblr_nja9iyepds1shsyigo5_250.gif

Dinjooh

1. Cod
2. Destiny whatever
3. Horizon?
4. Shenmue update
5. Bennnnnnnnnnnd?
6. Gow4
7.???

I'd say 5 & 6 aren't locks at all. I could see one of them at PGW instead.

The Last Guardian?
Square Enix titles if they aren't having their own press conference as well.

FFXV, KH3?

KAL2006

Banned
The biggest dream for me would be Suikoden 6

Shame Konami don't make games anymore other than PES and MGS so that dreams dead

Give me Crash Bandicoot, Ni No Kuni 2, Gravity Rush 2 and I'll be content.

Dream level upgrade includes good lookin Resident Evil 7 and decent Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer.

Mikey Jr.

I'd say 5 & 6 aren't locks at all. I could see one of them at PGW instead.

The Last Guardian?
Square Enix titles if they aren't having their own press conference as well.

FFXV, KH3?

No way.

Gow4 HAS to be there. Gow is one of Sonys biggest franchise. They'll reveal it at e3, nowhere else.

Simo

All I want at E3 this year is God of War and Red Dead revealed. If it happens during Sony's conference it'll be the best one for me and I'll be a happy man! lol

Anything else would be gravy.

Tankard

Give me my Read Dead Redemption 2, please, i don't think that's too much to ask.
Also give me that Spider Man game from Sucker Punch.

Zukkoyaki

I fully expect we will NOT see any of the following outside of sizzle reals:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Ni No Kuni II
- Ni-Oh
- Hot Shots Golf
- Detroit

Sony America conferences usually don't mention non-massive Japanese games. As for Detroit... just a gut feeling haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom