• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

Thoughts on their predictions:

1. A New Console Introduced Yeah, there's a large chance.
2. A New Spider-Man Game Debuts On PlayStation 4 If Sucker Punch has been working on it for the last two years yes, they would want to announce something as huge as that ASAP. I don't think it will be timed to release in the exact month of Spider-Man: Homecoming though, Sony would give SP more leeway. Though July 2017 would give them plenty of time (about 3 years since Infamous: First Light).
3. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare DLC First On PlayStation 4 Definitely happening.
4. No Man’s Sky Gets PlayStation VR I think they will formally announce PSVR functionality.
5. New Final Fantasy VII Remake Footage Shown I really hope so but I'm leaning towards no because as has been said before, SE will want to focus on FFXV primarily this year. Though I think they might show something just to clarify the multi-part format and get rid of misconceptions.
6. Knack 2. No.
7. Hearthstone Console Version Shown First On PlayStation 4 Not sure.
8. Rise of the Tomb Raider Better On PlayStation 4 I don't think they will give stage time to a game that has a year of Xbox timed exclusivity.
9. Ape Escape VR Maybe.
10. Hideo Kojima Takes Stage It's still too early so I don't think it will/should happen but wouldn't be surprised if he announces the name and shows a short CG teaser.
11. Sony Bend’s Next Game Shown I think this will happen.
12. Detroit: Become Human Gets a New Name No...
13. God of War Returns…But Without Kratos It will return but with Kratos.
14. Naughty Dog Shows Next Game (not a chance) I hope not since it's probably years away but there's a slight chance.

Dinjooh

GameInformer said:
We believe Sony will show off the machine for the first time at E3, but will not give a release date. That will likely happen closer to the holiday season at Gamescom in August

Has this been done before? Announce an upgraded version of hardware, but speak no further about availability?

It seems like a surefire way to tank your hardware sales for the couple of months following E3.

'Here's the iPhone 4S - ain't it a beauty?. Coming at some point!'

DKHF

Has this been done before? Announce an upgraded version of hardware, but speak no further about availability?

It seems like a surefire way to tank your hardware sales for the couple of months following E3.

Yeah that would be incredibly stupid.

I feel like they have to announce it at E3 just to stop developers from repeatedly getting asked if their trailers/demos are running on PS4K.

8. Rise of the Tomb Raider Better On PlayStation 4 I don't think they will give stage time to a game that has a year of Xbox timed exclusivity.

Yeah, I don't think there's any way they give stage time to a year late "port"/version of a game that went timed exclusive to the competition, let alone when there's so much other stuff they can choose from.

Agreed it makes no sense.

Despite being actually interested for Crash’s return, thinking more about it brings small problems. So in interview for Uncharted 4 in 2015 Naughty Dog said they wanted to use Crash, but they couldnt because of copyrights. Of course this changed, but when? And surely Sony wouldnt start development for Crash unless the deal was finished? If it was only in 2016, that would mean very little development time for Crash game for 2016. This is 20th anniversary for Crash, so you would think that they’d get the game for in time. But it seems there isnt enough time to make a game? 1-1.5 years of development seems bit too small, even if Insomniac Games proved that small schedule can be worked with.

So even if I think Crash is likely to return, its possible it wont make it 2016. Unless his return is for PS All Stars successor or something. And at the same time it feels weird to miss Crash’s anniversary.

Despite being actually interested for Crash’s return, thinking more about it brings small problems. So in interview for Uncharted 4 in 2015 Naughty Dog said they wanted to use Crash, but they couldnt because of copyrights. Of course this changed, but when? And surely Sony wouldnt start development for Crash unless the deal was finished? If it was only in 2016, that would mean very little development time for Crash game for 2016. This is 20th anniversary for Crash, so you would think that they’d get the game for in time. But it seems there isnt enough time to make a game? 1-1.5 years of development seems bit too small, even if Insomniac Games proved that small schedule can be worked with.

So even if I think Crash is likely to return, its possible it wont make it 2016. Unless his return is for PS All Stars successor or something. And at the same time it feels weird to miss Crash’s anniversary.

Your assuming ND would handle Crash if Sony got the rights back but that likely wouldn't happen, seeing as they are beyond platformers now and TLoU 2 is probably priority #1.
They would give the IP to another studio to make the game like Sanzaru, so development could've been going on beyond the 1-1.5 years you mention.

I'm thinking somethings been fishy since that Crash-->SIE logo in an early PS4 advert.

This is my first E3 as a Sony product owner for many, many years. I'd been out of the eco-system for ages so felt no real affinity for any of the games that caused such a stir for Sony fans last year.

This year I'm hoping for more new IP and less of the kickstarter/2017-18 and beyond games/remakes.

OléGunner;205784425 said:
Your assuming ND would handle Crash if Sony got the rights back but that likely wouldn't happen, seeing as they are beyond platformers now and TLoU 2 is probably priority #1.
They would give the IP to another studio to make the game like Sanzaru, so development could've been going on beyond the 1-1.5 years you mention.

I'm thinking somethings been fishy since that Crash-->SIE logo in an early PS4 advert.

I wasnt referring specifically to Naughty Dog developing Crash. At best they would be consulting some design choices maybe. Of course if 2013 mini reference was legit teasing, then maybe there would have been enough time? I was just thinking would it be legally right for Sony to hire someone to help making Crash, if they dont even own the rights.

And goddamn people just wanna push all Sony platformers to Sanzaru lol. Ive seen Ape Escape, Jak & Daxter and now Crash suggested. :p

My guess on it is Sony and Activision have been talking about it for years. They together decided on a developer and had a tiny team (like 2-3 people) getting all the basics down until Sony and Activision finally reached an agreement on how to split the money and start full development.

Sanzaru is the new Platinum, deal with it! ;)
Anybody suggested they should do a new Jumping Flash too??

Sanzaru makes a lot of sense though... they did a really great job with Sly Cooper 4, and besides the Sonic Boom handheld version, I think they've been quiet since then. Doesn't seem implausible to me that Sony/Activision would get them to work on Crash in absolute secrecy.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
With some exceptions (coughGTAcough), Sony has almost never announced "remasters" at their conference. It has been shown at the conferences, but it's never one of its announcements.

They should have made an exception. My favourite FF game here and maybe the first remaster I ever buy, unless RDR2 releases first.

Alright, hype is building!

• No PS4 Neo
  • Horizon Gameplay & Release Date
  • GOW IV
  • Carsh Bandicoot Collection
  • Bunch of Marketing Deals
  • Uncharted 4 SP DLC
  • Very brief (10 sec) teaser of ND's new Project

With some exceptions (coughGTAcough), Sony has almost never announced "remasters" at their conference. It has been shown at the conferences, but it's never one of its announcements.

Grim Fandango, Last of Us both were at E3 :)

I think whatever time Sony allows Square to have they'd rather use on new games releasing this year (mainly XV and WOFF).

Game Informer predictions

1. A New Console Introduced (this is a given)
2. A New Spider-Man Game Debuts On PlayStation 4 (ok.. I guess?)
3. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare DLC First On PlayStation 4 (very plausible)
4. No Man’s Sky Gets PlayStation VR (very plausible)
5. Knack 2. (nope)
6. Hearthstone Console Version Shown First On PlayStation 4 (GI lose their mind)
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider Better On PlayStation 4 (given)
8. Ape Escape VR (lets do it)
9. Hideo Kojima Takes Stage (given)
10. Sony potentially having a game called Dead Don’t Ride (ok?)
11. Detroit: Become Human Gets a New Name (why?)
12. God of War Returns…But Without Kratos (I don't even)
13. Naughty Dog Shows Next Game (not a chance)

Some of these are kind of bullshit. Why is Kojima going to take stage when he's still doing pre-production on his new project? His next game is years away from being released, so forget about him presenting something anytime soon, unless Sony decides to unveil his game ridiculously early, which I wouldn't put past them.

Knack 2... god no. Please no. That LinkedIn listing had to have been a wind up.

RotTR in a sizzle reel maybe. Stage time for that game is a waste.

God of War without Kratos. I wish, but no. Those leaks confirmed he's going to be in 4.

No mention of Crash? Seriously?! After all the signs and nods and rumours, they totally stonewall Crash. Okay then.

Yep, that's FFXII out of the way then, which is good, because I never liked that game and any stage time devoted to it would've been zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dinjooh

Yep, that's FFXII out of the way then, which is good, because I never liked that game and any stage time devoted to it would've been zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

image.php

I kind of agree. I played that game for something like 28 hours, and I eventually gave up out of boredom. The characters weren't bad but the plot was so slow-moving, and I really didn't enjoy the combat at all. Technically it was extremely impressive, but I didn't like the gameplay much at all.

Nasbin

More of a Ubi prediction but the absence of AC this year has me hoping we get that Black Flag spin-off without any of the AC baggage one of their surveys teased. Drop a cinematic trailer at Ubi's presser and gameplay at Sony's. That ocean tech is too good to go to waste.

Auctopus

Game Informer predictions

1. A New Console Introduced (this is a given)
2. A New Spider-Man Game Debuts On PlayStation 4 (ok.. I guess?)
3. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare DLC First On PlayStation 4 (very plausible)
4. No Man’s Sky Gets PlayStation VR (very plausible)
5. Knack 2. (nope)
6. Hearthstone Console Version Shown First On PlayStation 4 (GI lose their mind)
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider Better On PlayStation 4 (given)
8. Ape Escape VR (lets do it)
9. Hideo Kojima Takes Stage (given)
10. Sony potentially having a game called Dead Don’t Ride (ok?)
11. Detroit: Become Human Gets a New Name (why?)
12. God of War Returns…But Without Kratos (I don't even)
13. Naughty Dog Shows Next Game (not a chance)

6. I can't imagine anything more unpleasant than trying to play Hearthstone on PS4.
8. I want Ape Escape back as a digital download title, doesn't need to be VR. Not sure why it would be either.
9. If Kojima comes on stage, it's another case of announcing a game far, far too early.
13. Nope.

Turkoop

Banned
Cliff notes?

from the E3 rumour thread.

Just listened Matt with Shinobi talking about E3.

https://youtu.be/TcScu0Jf1h8

- Shinobi didn't want to talk about Rockstar and RDR2 (maybe 'cause he don't want to spoil the surprise?). He did spoke freely about "where the hell is Agent?", he didn't really know, for what it looks like.

- He confirmed "Prey Reboot" at Bethesda conference being developed by Arkane.

- When asked about Sucker Punch and Spider Man he spoke trying to not say anything but clearly looked like he knows what's going on but didn't want to spoil. He said that are a couple of unnanounced titles at Sony but wasn't confirming or deying if Sucker Punch was involved.

- There will be a remaster on Bethesda. Skyrim? Probably.

- Capcom will announce an exclusive game at Microsoft conference. RE7 (this would be nuts) or DR4?

- There will be "hardware" at Microsoft's.

He was most hyped for Sony's conference.

I listened to the full podcast and
GoW4 & Sony Bends game
will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom