• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

Holy shit!! I was checking the PS Store an hour ago, and I was curious how you couldn't find Cyberpunk 2077 highlighted anywhere.

About the game itself on PS4. It s clearly an unfinished product that needed a couple of additional months in the oven, but I still consider it "playable" except for the crashes situation ( which is known to happen on every platform). Come on, you can play this game from beginning to end on base PS4, and do all side missions, just with some choppy framerate here and there, and laughable IQ. Sony must be too fed up by the constant request for refunds, that hey just had to go this far..

Wow, I didn't expect that. Especially with them denying everybody the other day.

I can't help but to feel a little bit bad for CDPR. Games way worse have been released and this never happened but Cyberpunk is high profile enough that it's become something huge. The game is still good IMO. I think CDPR is a great studio and very much still deserving of praise still. Should the game have been delayed? Yes, but I think all of this is a little much.

Edit: I just remembered the Devotion bullshit. Yeah don't feel bad anymore.
Also this stuff is the exact reason PSN should have a refund option. It's one of the reasons I've been moving closer and closer to PC being my main platform. If I buy a game and dislike it or it runs terribly I simply return it.

Last edited:

bxrz

Maybe that's for the best. I can't help but wonder how much more polished the PC game would be if they didn't have to spend dev time targeting ancient hardware.

Also, this refund isn't conditional on time played.
Won't be for the best cause their next game will be good.

Saber

Lmao what? Skyrim was never that bad compared to Cyberpunk on last gen. A weird bug killing a save 150 hours old ain’t as bad as being unplayable day 1.

Did you ever played Skyrim at launch? Like, really?

Lol the game still has game breaking bugs nowadays, but sure lets compare a game with thousands of bugs with Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

elektrokats

Banned
Wtf is wrong with this world? Because a video game didn't meet the outragious standards of todays gamers, that means it should be removed from sale?

We are living in a dystopia...

You people supporting this need to seriously step back from the computer/screen and get a life.

Last edited:

Fake

just because a game “got crashes” doesn’t mean it needs to be pulled for a store. Skyrim isn’t perfect but it’s very playable

Dude, stop. Skyrim came before PS4 and Xbox One. Unless you got amnesia, this game launch with severe problems, not to mention the famouns PS3 version.

Termite

Holy shit, this is completely unprecedented for a AAA-style release. This is unreal.

To be fair to Sony, this move will be the megaton that teaches publishers that you can't rush a broken game to market. This has massive implications for the quality of game releases going forward.

Wow. I can't believe it.

Karunamon

Won't be for the best cause their next game will be good.

IDK, they threw Sony under the bus pretty hard. Sony might just tell them to take a hike next time around.

Wtf is wrong with this world? Because a video game didn't meet the outragious standards of todays gamers, that means it should be removed from sale?

We are living in a dystopia...

Outrageous standards like living up to its marketing material? Yeah, I know, those damn gamers, so entitled, it's like they want to get what they paid for or something, the nerve!. Don't you have an article to write about how we're all dead or something?

Also nobody forced Sony's hand here. They were well within their rights to tell people who wanted refunds to pound sand.

Last edited:
3_holy.png

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This will most definitely sour the relationship between CDPR and Sony. This is an embarrassment for CDPR.

But whatever, their fault. Finish your damn game, then release it.

The AI is worse than the bugs. The cars literally cant drive around any traffic.

I NEVER EVER want to see motherfuckers talking down to TLOU 2 gameplay again :messenger_grinning_squinting:

TVexperto

This will most definitely sour the relationship between CDPR and Sony. This is an embarrassment for CDPR.

The AI is worse than the bugs. The cars literally cant drive around any traffic.

I NEVER EVER want to see motherfuckers talking down to TLOU 2 gameplay again :messenger_grinning_squinting:
what relationship

This is good for gamers- the customer. Especially console gamers which were intentionally misled as they held this copy secret.

Reviewers, do better at informIng your base- not just looking out for freebies.
Yeah, I think that's the correct take away here.

A gigantic victory for consumers today.

Companies will be looking over their shoulder a bit more after today.

harmny

Banned

how is tlou2 traffic? better? what about random npcs? can i sit on any bench?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

CDPR was informing people via email that they were contacting Sony to work out refunds for the game.

This was probably the result that was mutually agreed upon, that refunds and lost transaction fees due to that with others returning after today, don’t just keep stacking for the platform holder.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If someone has the disc version are they still going to be able to get any patches that might arrive soon?

elektrokats

Banned
IDK, they threw Sony under the bus pretty hard. Sony might just tell them to take a hike next time around.

Outrageous standards like living up to its marketing material? Yeah, I know, those damn gamers, so entitled that they want what they were sold. Don't you have an article to write about how we're all dead or something?

Also nobody forced Sony's hand here. They were well within their rights to tell people who wanted refunds to pound sand.
People shouldn't be so daft about the limitations of video game development. These are just forms of entertainment like movies. If you see a good movie trailer for a movie you want to see and it ends up sucking once you actually see it, you don't pull the movie.

Like for christ sakes, these video games are like heroin to some folks.

Last edited:

You hate to see it...

Jk. I’m glad to see it. I haven’t had issues on Pc but this is a prime example of bad management. They easily could have released on Pc and canceled the current gen versions.

My question tho, is Sony refunding everyone even if they don’t ask? I would imagine that would also remove it from their library.

Top Bottom