• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

elektrokats

Banned
Depending on severity, they very well can be.

Why are you so butthurt about this? Does Sony not have the right to sell or not sell whatever they please?
I don't trust Sony to utilize this power for good. Censorship and control are big topics these days. Many here seem to think this is a good thing but all you're doing is allowing Sony to have even more control and power than they had before over consumers.

Eventually something like this could lead to them pulling games for whatever reason they feel like. This is the whole Twitter argument all over again.

Termite

I feel like this is the final word on the uselessness of game reviews.

This game - so broken that it had to be removed from the stores and every copy refunded - got a 90 on metacritic on its day of release.

A nine out of ten. Which later dropped to 87. For a game so unprecedentedly broken it was removed from the store.

That's astonishing to me.

(I understand reviewers played the PC version, but that's part of the problem - putting said reviews up on the PS4 and Xbox One pages as if they're representative without actually, you know, reviewing them.)

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is fucking mind blowingly big.

I'm kind of in shock...

One part of me thinks "well...that's what you get for releasing unfinished stuff", but then part of me thinks "fuck...please don't tank the company, I really want to play this in a finished state, and The Witcher 4 thanks".

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
What a fuck up, I look forward to the fix relaunch next year on next gen consoles. CDPR deserves all shit they are getting for releasing the most alpha of a game as full priced release.

Karunamon

Eventually something like this could lead to them pulling games for whatever reason they feel like. This is the whole Twitter argument all over again.

What do you mean "allowing"? Their store, their rules. Don't like it? Don't buy from them. And it's not like they deleted anything anyone already bought dude, they just stopped selling new copies.

And Sony has already misused this power. They're the ones that have been requiring Japanese VNs to be censored before selling them.

The fact that they started doing unconditional refunds is extremely noteworthy. That implies that there is some serious backend fuckery happening, probably in relation to CDPR throwing them under the bus. I seriously have to question what kind of fucking fanboy you are when you shit on a company for not selling a thing and letting you refund it no matter how much time you spent on it. Like how tf do you spin that as a negative?

Like what do you even want? A company to be forced to sell something they don't want to sell that opens them up to liability?

Last edited:

Thomish

I don't trust Sony to utilize this power for good. Censorship and control are big topics these days. Many here seem to think this is a good thing but all you're doing is allowing Sony to have even more control and power than they had before over consumers.

As mentioned before - isn't it CDPR who opened up the rabbit hole for refunds to begin with? Sony had to respond?

Keihart

I hope Elders Scrolls/Fallout and whatever buggy over-hyped shit Ubisoft made were received with similar criticism, there needs to be some quality bottom in how the games run in consoles, if not, what is the whole fucking point in playing in one.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
My mod, this is exactly what a few youtubers have touched up on. Reviewers should be ashamed to give this pile of trash game such high scores.
No doubt there is good in the concept but taken as a whole, this game is nowhere near a 9/10.

A 9/10 game is Red Dead 2 and that game absolutely mops the floor with Cyberpunk in all areas.

They gave the PC version of the game appropriate reviews. When they got the console version, that was scores appropriately as well (or have you not seen the cratering of the games score on OPENCRITIC).

Is this shit really that bad? I have the physical version and plan on starting to play it on PS5 in a week or two, should I just not bother?

elektrokats

Banned
If the product is broken, then it shouldn't be available for purchase

Simple as that
You talk like "Broken" is a Black & White statement. Broken is a spectrum. How broken? Plus there have been tons of "broken" games. Ark Survival Evolved anyone?
What do you mean "allowing"? Their store, their rules. Don't like it? Don't buy from them. And it's not like they deleted anything anyone already bought dude, they just stopped selling new copies.

And Sony has already misused this power. They're the ones that have been requiring Japanese VNs to be censored before selling them.

The fact that they started doing unconditional refunds is extremely noteworthy. That implies that there is some serious backend fuckery happening, probably in relation to CDPR throwing them under the bus. I seriously have to question what kind of fucking fanboy you are when you shit on a company for not selling a thing and letting you refund it no matter how much time you spent on it.
You are literally referencing the Twitter argument. Twitter owns their platform and can do whatever they want with it, including censoring people and removing people for whatever reason. But Twitter is also a massive platform with so many people using it that the question becomes whether it's a human right to voice your opinion on Twitter or not. If Donald Trump can post a bunch of BS on Twitter all day but Alex Jones cannot, How is that fair?

These companies are so big and bloated now. They really shouldn't be deciding what I can and cannot buy. They can voice their opinions but outright restricting it feels like they are crossing into dangerous territory.

Nothing to do with me being a fanboy. I just don't want to live in some dystopian world where big companies like this control our lives and media.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Shame others games like Fallout, Anthem, Crysis Remastered, Skyrim and AC: Unity don't got the same treatment before.

Anw, big win for consumers. This shit should not even get passed.

I really really hope Sony put a permanent refund system.
Not really a big win for those people with a PS4 Pro or PS5 though.

nush

so that means the game is XBox/PC exclusive now? Asking for a friend.

Microsoft will pull it when Sony have taken any potential shit for pulling it first and have read all the comments so they can make a better "we're pulling this game"press release.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
They knew

1e9mpzd3lr561.jpg

Top Bottom