• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is removing Cyberpunk from PlayStation Store

bxrz

IDK, they threw Sony under the bus pretty hard. Sony might just tell them to take a hike next time around.

Outrageous standards like living up to its marketing material? Yeah, I know, those damn gamers, so entitled, it's like they want to get what they paid for or something, the nerve!. Don't you have an article to write about how we're all dead or something?

Also nobody forced Sony's hand here. They were well within their rights to tell people who wanted refunds to pound sand.
CDPR rather make PC games so they'll probably just do that and port it to Xbox since its the same family basically

People shouldn't be so daft about the limitations of video game development. These are just forms of entertainment like movies. If you see a good movie trailer for a movie you want to see and it ends up sucking once you actually see it, you don't pull the movie.

Like for christ sakes, these video games are like heroin to some folks.
Bad analogy. It would be like if you got home with your new movie but it ran at 10 fps, tons of the audio was missing or running at the wrong sync times, and it crashed the blu-ray player multiple times.

This is good for gamers- the customer. Especially console gamers which were intentionally misled as they held this copy secret.

Reviewers, do better at informIng your base- not just looking out for freebies.
My mod, this is exactly what a few youtubers have touched up on. Reviewers should be ashamed to give this pile of trash game such high scores.
No doubt there is good in the concept but taken as a whole, this game is nowhere near a 9/10.

A 9/10 game is Red Dead 2 and that game absolutely mops the floor with Cyberpunk in all areas.

EDIT: I mean jesus christ, i didn't even know the loot system and economy is broken as well alongside the police AI spawning right next to you when you do something illegal and seemingly giving up chasing when you run around a corner. This is PS2 level tier nonsense in a 2020 game.

Last edited:

Arthimura

Wtf is wrong with this world? Because a video game didn't meet the outragious standards of todays gamers, that means it should be removed from sale?

We are living in a dystopia...

You people supporting this need to seriously step back from the computer/screen and get a life.
It's a private company deciding if they want to have a bugged game on their platform or not, there's nothing wrong with it.

CD Projekt RED released all the trailers of Cyberpunk 2077 running on top tier PCs and hide last gen console gameplay from everyone, making people believe the final product on last gen consoles would be at least similar to what was shown in the trailers.

They basically lied to everyone, and all the pre-orders paid the development and marketing costs.

Sony is right to do this, otherwise it will reforce this practice in the industry of generating unrealistc hype and hiding information from costumers so they can't have an informed decision about their purchases.

Last edited:

xacto

Wtf is wrong with this world? Because a video game didn't meet the outragious standards of todays gamers, that means it should be removed from sale?

We are living in a dystopia...

You people supporting this need to seriously step back from the computer/screen and get a life.

Probably when your customer support line gets clogged with people wanting you to give their money back cause a company lied about their "finished" product on previous generation consoles... and on top of it, when said company maintained "Sony will give you refunds!"...

Yeah, you maybe, just maybe have enough of it.

Bartski

Gold Member
Sony trusted CDPR to fix their game pre-release. In return, they got tens of thousands of refunds to process and lose money on thrown at them. That was obviously another dick move so imagine the tension behind the scenes. Curious about Microsoft's is gonna do next as here the situation might be even worse

Last edited:

xacto

This is good for gamers- the customer. Especially console gamers which were intentionally misled as they held this copy secret.

Reviewers, do better at informIng your base- not just looking out for freebies.

I wonder if they will talk to the "yellow chairs" gang about promoting their game...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Aren't the next gen version better in terms of stability? Or maybe next gen is just as buggy.

What they could do is keep the next gen versions alive on PSN.

Oh well. That's what happens when game companies need to hit that Christmas rush, and combined with probably 90% of gamers hooked up to the net. The good old..... "don't worry gamers, just download the patch"

Pallas

Guessing Sony was starting to get overwhelmed with refund requests, can’t blame them from removing the game until it’s in a more enjoyable, playable state. I like CDRed but they can’t be mad(not saying they are) about this. It’s a rational move by Sony that should happen more.

Also everyone comparing this and asking why Skyrim never got the banishment, probably different management and I imagine the exotic hardware of the PS3 had a lot to do with its troubles. The game ran decent on the 360, wasn’t perfect but ran quite a bit better.

Last edited:
All said and done this is good from Sony.

BUT...this game is good and has promise. I will take my refund If i can and return to it when they have fixed it. I'm just annoyed the game released in such a state in the first place.

I feel sorry for CDPR developers, i don't feel sorry for CDPR management. They've screwed over the hard work of the devs and one has to wonder when heads will start to roll over there.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Would be interesting if they would crashed stock of CDPR and uncle Phil pay a visit. It's buggy and dissapointing game for sure, but the story and presentation of that story was amazing in my opinion, like a main quest I mean.

Armorous

Didn't sony approve this game for sale on their console in the first place. Lawsuits will probably be in the works now from one or both parties if they aren't already.

Nice move from Sony, they know Xbox can't do it because their marketing deal with CDPR so now they have the moral high ground. At the end of the day it's Sony's fault too, they're trying to shift the blame to CDPR when Sony knew how the game was before authorizing it for sell. Bad Sony trying to fool us.

Quantum253

At first, I thought it would be hard to wait for the true next gen patch. Now, I'm happy I didn't get for PS4. I hope stores pull physical off shelves to prevent some sad Xmas day surprises too.

PaintTinJr

Sony should have picked up on this and not allowed the game to release. They do their own QA before they release patches/DLC/games onto their store so I'm surprised it wasn't caught earlier how bad of a state the game was in. CDPR also is pathetic in releasing this game in this state after so many delays clearly this thing needed to be in the oven for another 6 to 12 months.

Also, Sony needs to update their refund policy because it is horrendous. Both companies failed this time around.
With the court case between Epic and Apple, I think both Sony and Microsoft are taking a stance that says, we won't certify the game for release, but the decision to release is now in the hands of the publisher - unless widespread consumer demands for refunds corroborate that the public believe you product fails the sale of goods criteria, and then we'll remove it from sale.

Woggleman

If the game was polished it would be a great game but you don't release something on consoles that is completely unplayable. The more I play it the more it keeps not running right and if RDR2 can run well on all platforms with the insane graphics it has then certainly they could have gotten this game to do so.

Thomish

Skyrim on PS3 was way worse than Cyberpunk before it was patched. Try playing 100+ hours into the game and struggling to maintain 10 FPS because the PS3 couldn't keep up with all the things being tracked in your save file.
I think the difference is Bethesda didn't come out and make a statement about how they'll be offering refunds whereas CDPR has... And it looks like Sony are either essentially calling the bluff or are tired of dealing with it.

Last edited:

Works for me, to be honest. I already got No Man Sky'd, and I've never known a CDPR game (been playin since the first Witcher on PC) to be stable on release. I was gonna wait a few months anyway. Now it looks like the early-adopter outrage will force them to make it a better game that I'll easily be able to buy at a discount when I feel like it.

I'm laughing my ass off at this whole situation. You know you done screwed up with your game when it gets pulled off the store like this. To think there are dumbasses calling this mess a game of the year or game of the generation contender. Yeah maybe biggest mess game of the generation. This is also what happens when you throw companies like Sony under the bus. Fuck CD Projekt Red

LordCBH

I remember Unity in 2015 being horrendously broken at launch. Single digits frame rates around Paris, numerous crashes, game breaking bugs, and the like. So broken Ubisoft had to essentially replace the entire game as a patch. So broken that Ubisoft had to give away dlc for free.

Shame Sony didn’t have this stance in 2015

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
ohlhfx5gxr561.png

Aren't the next gen version better in terms of stability? Or maybe next gen is just as buggy.

What they could do is keep the next gen versions alive on PSN.

Oh well. That's what happens when game companies need to hit that Christmas rush, and combined with probably 90% of gamers hooked up to the net. The good old..... "don't worry gamers, just download the patch"
A friend at work says she's been enjoying it somewhat but still runs into issues from time to time. She's on PS5.
Then again the PS5 version is just the PS4 Pro version with some performance upgrades I think.

CDPR have a chance at redemption. Look at No Man Sky. A monumental clusterfuck at launch. Now I will throw my underwear at Sean Murray in the streets as he has turned No Man Sky into a cracking game.
CDPR developers need to hunker down, ignore social media and get on with it. There is great promise with this platform they have in Cyberpunk. Now they have a chance (just like Hello Games) to redeem themselves.
These next few months will expose CDPR capabilities as a developer. They have a chance here.

And yes I'm rooting for them to bring this game back out of the gutter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom