• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

Sony's ship seems to leak more than most, so I wouldn't be surprised if the earlier announcements are made simply to beat the rumour mill to the punch.

Nope. Sony announces these games so they can get plenty of attention instead of announcing them at E3 where there are too many games announced, and not get as much attention.

vazel

Banned
Kratos_VS_Nariko_by_warlockss.jpg
Ha, seriously awesome. Too bad there isn't a higher res version.

I do hope we do see another Heavenly Sword game if only for the music and cutscenes. The game has better cheese in its cutscenes than even Resident Evil.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Thanks. Think I"ll pick that up. I was about to download them on Vita, but they're 19.99 and 29.99. Oi vey.

Ghost of Sparta is a great game. Enjoy :)

I just started GoW 3 again. The controls feel much heavier and sluggier than what they did in GoW 1 and 2, for some reason. Especially the rolling feels way slower. Also, that patch that was supposed to fix the jumps everyone complained about (I never noticed anything about it) seems to just have made jumping worse for me >_>

Anyway, the L3+R3 QTE at the end of the Poseidon fight is still sogood.gif

Endo Punk

I payed full price for Heavenly Sword and it wasn't even worth half that. The first time I realised Sony's First Party are not all its cracked up to be. Seriously it makes me feel sick to my stomach that people want a sequel. Not every IP needs to be turned into a series, especially since Sony has GOW -the game that inspired it- which is a far better investment of money. At this point Im inclined to believe that those asking for HS2 only do so for the TnA or to be different because the gameplay and story were run-of-the-mill to utter shit. Worst game of this gen.

Now please let it go! We all know it's GOW.

i-Lo

All the trailers/teasers for GoW3 were incredible. I expect the same here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNWslWraJs - Announcement trailer

I may have missed one more, but dunno.

That trailer still gives me shivers down the spine towards the end.

So it looks like that it won't be HS2 after all :(

Oh well, let's see what the next GoW has to offer and I am betting that it'll be a Vita game (unless there is concrete proof of otherwise).

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I payed full price for Heavenly Sword and it wasn't even worth half that. The first time I realised Sony's First Party are not all its cracked up to be. Seriously it makes me feel sick to my stomach that people want a sequel. Not every IP needs to be turned into a series, especially since Sony has GOW -the game that inspired it- which is a far better investment of money. At this point Im inclined to believe that those asking for HS2 only do so for the TnA or to be different because the gameplay and story were run-of-the-mill to utter shit. Worst game of this gen.

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not say things we can't take back. HS is indeed a bland, forgettable piece of shit, but there have been far worse games released this gen.

i-Lo

Let's just keep opinions that have no constructive criticisms or merit (NT is NOT Sony's FP) to oneself. It'll prevent the entire discussion being dragged down to gutter.

Yamibito

well okay then you seem smart

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
That trailer still gives me shivers down the spine towards the end.

So it looks like that it won't be HS2 after all :(

Oh well, let's see what the next GoW has to offer and I am betting that it'll be a Vita game (unless there is concrete proof of otherwise).
I highly doubt it's a Vita game. They'll most likely dedicate 30-40 minutes for it at E3, and reveal new things there.

The first time I realised Sony's First Party are not all its cracked up to be.
Ninja Theory wasn't a first-party studio when they developed Heavenly Sword.

i-Lo

I wonder if next gen, GoW will be rebooted for another mythology. It'll be interesting if they play around with the Norse mythology and Ragnarök.

i-Lo

I highly doubt it's a Vita game. They'll most likely dedicated 30-40 minutes for it at E3, and reveal new things there.

I am still placing my bets on Vita because Sony needs to show support by putting well established franchises on to the their portable. In time, Monster Hunter will be released in JP and in the west, I expect Sony's first parties and CoD to aid the proliferation of the console.

It makes more sense to make the game for the Vita and save on development costs while creating another project for PS4. Then again, it's my guess.

Yes Im aware but the term 2nd party is just not right. Sony funded this and it's their IP.

That would make HS a 3rd party exclusive (like Gears of War is for Microsoft). Neither Ninja Theory nor Heavenly Sword have anything to do with "Sony 1st party."

Agree with you about it sucking and being a waste of money though.

jett

D-Member
What happens to Deimois.. SPOILERS:
As a child in Sparta, Deimos gets kidnapped by Ares and Athena and brought to the Domain of Death, Thanatos's dwelling, because it has been foretold that one of the siblings will overthrow Zeus one day. Deimos is chained up and held captive by Thanatos until both he and his brother have become adults, when Kratos learns of Deimos's fate.

Kratos sets out to save his brother, and eventually finds him alive. He frees Deimos, but they end up fighting, as Deimos has been nurturing hatred and resentment towards Kratos for not saving him. Thanatos appears, and brings Deimos to the Suicide Bluffs, and attempts to kill him. Kratos appears, and saves Deimos from falling to his death, and Deimos repays Kratos by helping him fight Thanatos. Deimos ends up getting killed by Thanatos, before Kratos eventually destroys the god of death.

Uncharted 1 was a good game, even if it was rough around the edges.
Heavenly Sword was, besides Andy Serkis's performance as king Bohan, not a particularly good game at all.

Thanks. Just watched all the Ghost of Sparta cut-scenes in youtube. Turned out he wasn't very interesting at all. I think I'd be okay with an entirely new character.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yes Im aware but the term 2nd party is just not right. Sony funded this and it's their IP.
Ninja Theory was extremely incompetent at that time and ended up eating the entire budget, approx. $30 million. Sony Cambridge finished the game. It is Sony's IP, but they really chose the wrong developers. Heavenly Sword being a mediocre game is mainly because of Ninja Theory.

I am still placing my bets on Vita because Sony needs to show support by putting well established franchises on to the their portable. In time, Monster Hunter will be released in JP and in the west, I expect Sony's first parties and CoD to aid the proliferation of the console.

It makes more sense to make the game for the Vita and save on development costs while creating another project for PS4. Then again, it's my guess.
SSM were working on an untitled project for 3 years, so I highly doubt it's for Vita, but let's see. I think we will see a GoW game eventually on the Vita, but this one does not seem like it.

Edit: Posting from a phone sucks.

The PS3 is still selling very well for them, so they need to keep feeding it games until the PS4 is ready. If they really do have two teams, then they could easily have one team working on GoW4 for the PS3 and another working on GoW5 for the PS4. That way they won't have another GoW3 situation on their hands where it was finished nearly 4 years after the PS3 was released.

That would make HS a 3rd party exclusive (like Gears of War is for Microsoft). Neither Ninja Theory nor Heavenly Sword have anything to do with "Sony 1st party."

Agree with you about it sucking and being a waste of money though.

CliffyB has said they own Gears of War entirely. Imagine the world going into shock if Gears of War 4 were to come out on another system. (Not that it would as it was tarnish their relationship with MS but..the lols)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hope it's not Heavenly Sword sequel,even with a better developer the story of the Sword itself and Nariko ended no need for anything related to it.

if it's God of War then it should be a full reboot.

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/Ninjapoints/C1_STATIC_640x360_MB_01.jpg[/
.[/QUOTE]

It's Playstation Battle Royale, "nothing will bring them back" mean the old beloved characters from PS1/PS2 era will never come back, since the game will have only Sackboys and chibi Helghasts. :P

Ricky_R

It'll be a prequel about Young Zeus

Youngzeus.jpg

...well he looked pretty boss at least

DAMN IT. You had to post that, making me interested and looking like a fool now.

I definitely could manage a Zeus oriented prequel.

I just hate the idea of a story ending at one that I already played. Can't explain why, but a Zeus prequel would be kinda cool tbh.

Endo Punk

I think it's pointless to have a Zeus prequel now. It would have been good after GOW2 but knowing his fate it would really add nothing going back to see how he was.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I didn't like Heavenly Sword as a game. I felt it was a rather poor God of War-clone in every aspect except one: potential. Nariko as a character is perhaps one of the most appealing video game characters ever created and she alone deserves to be in more games. I'd love to see a Heavenly Sword 2. But I think this'll be God of War 4.

Ricky_R

I think it's pointless to have a Zeus prequel now. It would have been good after GOW2 but knowing his fate it would really add nothing going back to see how he was.

You're right. No matter how epic they make Zeus while he's young, we already know what happens to him which is the reason why I dislike prequels in the first place.

Anyway, it sounds cool in theory to have a young Zeus going ape shit in the GOW world.

I thought Heavenly Sword was merely average, but I'd actually welcome a sequel with open arms, as it's an IP that holds a lot of promise I think. Would love to spend more time with Nariko, Kai and King Bohan in a much improved game.

This is futile though - it's the next God Of War.

Top Bottom