• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

theBishop

Banned
More than anything, I want GoW4 to deliver some sick environmental puzzles. I enjoyed GoW3, but it had nothing like the Pandora Temple in the original game. And obviously GoW2 had a ton of puzzles.

Now that Santa Monica has massive, moving environments, why not turn one into a puzzle?

i-Lo

What if the devs are just trolling us with that hyperlink stuff? A great way to mislead knowing that anything about a tease like this would be de-constructed thoroughly.

Endo Punk

More than anything, I want GoW4 to deliver some sick environmental puzzles. I enjoyed GoW3, but it had nothing like the Pandora Temple in the original game. And obviously GoW2 had a ton of puzzles.

Now that Santa Monica has massive, moving environments, why not turn one into a puzzle?

Here Here. Im with you.

Hex

Banned
I love how people mock things about keeping secrets when people are going digging line by line through flash files and dissecting everything about the teaser.

One of the reasons magazine ads were greatly superior back in the day lol.
You got a few more actual surprises back then.

What if the devs are just trolling us with that hyperlink stuff? A great way to mislead knowing that anything about a tease like this would be de-constructed thoroughly.

I've never seen any dev purposefully and intentionally put in the name of a different game that they're not making to mislead people like that. 99% of the time, it is what it is.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The first 45 minutes of God of War 3 was like the best thing ever, they completely nailed the pacing there. 2-3 hours of that in God of War 4 and it'll be "the most amazing game ever created" indeed.

dankir

I would love for it to be where Kratos is the bad guy and you get to fuck him up. He was so unlikeable by the end of 3.

If he is the main character who the fuck is left to kill? Non greek gods?

While I really, really love the God of War games, I really wish Sony would bring out some new IPs.. or at least continue some other ones. I'm dying for a new inFAMOUS game, I really want a third one to wrap up what happens after the second.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Playing Ghost of Sparta on Vita...I wouldn't complain if this was for Vita.

OTOH I really also want to see what a second GoW game can look like on PS3.

/torn

I'm sure we'll get both eventually, but I wonder what tomorrow's will be.

Endo Punk

The first 45 minutes of God of War 3 was like the best thing ever, they completely nailed the pacing there. 2-3 hours of that in God of War 4 and it'll be "the most amazing game ever created" indeed.

Most of the work for GOWIII was building the engine from scratch, and now that it's in place I expect whole lot of jaw dropping moments like the first 45 mins of GOWIII.

While I really, really love the God of War games, I really wish Sony would bring out some new IPs.. or at least continue some other ones. I'm dying for a new inFAMOUS game, I really want a third one to wrap up what happens after the second.

Gravity Daze and The Last of Us not doing it for you? SuckerPunch is working on something too, I hope it's another inFAMOUS as well. The 2nd one really made me like the IP, as well as the amazing FOB.

Shtof

What Sony actually need is an original Gears of War title for the Vita. Obviously it won't happen, but that would boost Vita sales pretty crazy in the US.

injurai

Banned
Playing Ghost of Sparta on Vita...I wouldn't complain if this was for Vita.

OTOH I really also want to see what a second GoW game can look like on PS3.

/torn

I'm sure we'll get both eventually, but I wonder what tomorrow's will be.

Vita needs it more. If it means GoW4 is next gen and is the start of a new trilogy then I'm all for that. But PS2 got 2 games, I'm sure the PS3 will get 2 games as well.

What Sony actually need is an original Gears of War title for the Vita. Obviously it won't happen, but that would boost Vita sales pretty crazy in the US.

It would be a system seller for sure, but It would probably bring in better numbers if it were the 2nd or 3rd system seller. That way a big hitter like GoW would also have a higher word of mouth and peer pressure to push the sales.

Omega

Banned
Anyone else think this is pointless?

It's looking like it's going to be a sequel, the whole "nothing will bring them back" tagline apparently refers to Kratos' family.

Cool. More meathead crying about how he's so gullible and continues to be a pawn is going to be so much fun!

Would be cool if it was another GoW trilogy, but based on Roman gods or something else With a main character that was an actual badass and not just a crybaby.

AAK

I'm so sorry Santa Monica...

I think it's time to change Halo to God of War:

dlTu2p0zMtsJL.jpg

I'm actually OK with this news but I'd love for them to use the engine for a new IP.

Top Bottom