• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony launches new rewards system in the US for customer loyalty

Po41tJY.png

oR302c6.png

3JVGTZy.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/sony-rewards-get-games-playstation-store-cash-and-more/

What is Sony Rewards?

The Sony Rewards Program connects you to all things Sony®. With your free membership, you can earn points for doing the things you already love to do, and you can use those points to get great PlayStation® and Sony products and experiences.

You can learn more about Sony Rewards here.

What can I get with Sony Rewards points?

You can use your points to get anything in the Sony Rewards catalog or anything sold by Sony Store. That means the latest PlayStation® hardware and games, PlayStation®Plus memberships, PlayStation®Store cash, Sony products, movies, and music. You can also bid your points to for a chance to win unique collectibles or once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Check out the catalog.

Where can I see my Sony Rewards points balance?

To see a detailed view of the points you’re earning and browse Rewards, log in to your account on SonyRewards.com. Keep in mind it can take up to 5 business days for your points from your PlayStation®Store purchases to post.
I live in Canada. Why can't I join Sony Rewards?

We're sorry but at this time Sony Rewards is not available outside the United States.

I don’t have enough points to redeem for anything on Sony Rewards. How can I use the points?

Not having enough points doesn't mean you have to wait to get what you want. You can purchase the points you need (at a penny a point) using your PlayStation®Card or other credit card during the checkout process. You can also use Sony Rewards points for part or all of your purchase when you shop at Sony Store.

Argh, spent so much money on Rock Band DLC and games on PSN this generation, would have loved this.

Then again, Canada.

Derrick01

Banned
It seems like a good idea but I don't sign up for maybes. Come back Sony once you've figured out what the rewards will be. If they are PS+ subs and games then I'll do it.

Sony Rewards has been around for years and years. The explicit linking of PSN accounts to it is what is new. I've been a card member for like 6 or 7 years now. Got a free PS3 out of it in 2009 when they were handing out free points like candy.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sony Rewards has been around for years and years. The explicit linking of PSN accounts to it is what is new. I've been a card member for like 6 or 7 years now. Got a free PS3 out of it in 2009 when they were handing out free points like candy.

Ah, that makes sense.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
again, just mere days after I JUST BOUGHT A BUNCH OF PS4 GAMES ON PSN!!!!!

god damn it. every time.

dugdug

Banned
God, I wish they had this earlier in the year. I used the ever-loving SHIT out of my PlayStation CC this year.

Not really happy with my balance at the moment, but...

It seems like a good idea but I don't sign up for maybes. Come back Sony once you've figured out what the rewards will be. If they are PS+ subs and games then I'll do it.

Sony Rewards has been around for a while (for the PS credit card), there's lots of stuff you can buy with your points including games, controllers, consoles (PS3 and vita) etc. If you sign up you can see the rewards store and how many points everything costs.

Nymphae

Banned
Q: I live in Canada. Why can’t I join Sony Rewards?
A: We’re sorry but at this time Sony Rewards is not available outside the United States

From the comments on the blog page. I really don't understand this, why would they not be able to reward people from outside the US?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Signed up for it but man its expensive as hell for anything. Limited to online purchases too for other retailers makes it even more worthless. I guess at some point I'll get to 1000 points which is good enough for a $10 PSN code. I realize the whole thing is a means to get people to sign up for their credit card but it should probably be a little less blatant.

Dragon

Banned
Linked my account!

Signed up for it but man its expensive as hell for anything. Limited to online purchases too for other retailers makes it even more worthless. I guess at some point I'll get to 1000 points which is good enough for a $10 PSN code. I realize the whole thing is a means to get people to sign up for their credit card but it should probably be a little less blatant.

Free shit is free shit. How much money does it take to get a $10 PSN code? If it's 1000 bucks, then lol fuck that Sony.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Linked my account!

Free shit is free shit. How much money does it take to get a $10 PSN code? If it's 1000 bucks, then lol fuck that Sony.

Yeah it's $1 = 1 point outside of bonus multipliers. It would take you $1000 spent on the PS Store to get a $10 code assuming no bonuses.

But yeah free shit is free shit. And the means to rack up free points will eventually happen if the old Sony Rewards program was any indication.

Guevara

So it's basically a 1% off plan, is that right? So you buy a $400 PS4, you get $4 in points?

Not nothing I guess, but I'd probably only get $10 of benefit from this in an entire generation.

So it's basically a 1% off plan, is that right? So you buy a $400 PS4, you get $4 in points?

Not nothing I guess, but I'd probably only get $10 of benefit from this in an entire generation.

If you have a sony/playstation card, you get 5x in points for physical purchaes if you snail mail a bonus points form in. You can also get purchase credit that way.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
don't sweat it on recent PSN purchases guys. You accumulate 1 point per dollar, but games as rewards cost 1 point per penny. So it's only 1% back. There are a few offers (5x on first PSN purchase. 250 bonus points on 1st year renewal, etc) but mostly yeah it's 1% back on PSN.

jony_m

the rewards are shit (other than PSN cards) would have preferred Nintendo Club type rewards, maybe in the future

Top Bottom