• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony new studio: ForwardWorks, will make PlayStation IP smartphone games for JP/Asia

dEvAnGeL

And regardless of all the hate people's showing it'll those game will sell more and cost less to make than the ps4 games, sadly

wilstreak

if i am not mistaken, the highly popular Fate Grand/Order is made by one of Sony subsidiary and it can accumulate around $ 1 M daily in revenue when there are special event or special female character.

So, maybe Sony would make more game like that and bring it to global market for easy money.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
if i am not mistaken, the highly popular Fate Grand/Order is made by one of Sony subsidiary and it can accumulate around $ 1 M daily in revenue when there are special event or special female character.

So, maybe Sony would make more game like that and bring it to global market for easy money.
Yes, Aniplex, though it might be closer to $2-$3 million a day during events given how it's been charting.

Technically it's through a contract studio and published by Aniplex though.

It's also frequently in what should still be the six figure a day range when not in events.

dracula_x

Too bad Sony doesn't have a mobile ready framework.

Something that integrates with PSN.

Wouldn't that be something?

They could even call it, I dunno, PlayStation Mobile.

Wouldn't that be neat?
Yep, missed opportunity. Have no idea why they killed PSM. One step forward, two steps back.

If sony doesnt make a new handheld id be down for a mobile Patapon.
This or Mainichi Issho successor.

But I guess we'll see just another endless runner :(

ZarKryn7

This is tailored to Japan audience apparently? So I guess we wouldn't be seeing their games here.

People need to calm down, some of the evolution devs are on that other studio Sony opened, Studio NW. It Leo won't be a racer, but it'll probably be a great looking game.

Remind me they still haven't release that for my region, Sony sucks.

Hopefully with SIE comes stronger unity of all these region bullshit.

no expectations

The only time they care about releasing non-standard games in Asia is when they're going to be free on Plus. Suddenly Asia team then goes "oh shit we need to bring it here!"

wapplew

Hopefully with SIE comes stronger unity of all these region bullshit.

no expectations

The only time they care about releasing non-standard games in Asia is when they're going to be free on Plus. Suddenly Asia team then goes "oh shit we need to bring it here!"

Sometimes SCEAsia really sucks at digital release. Fucking Witness still not available for our store!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Too bad Sony doesn't have a mobile ready framework.

Something that integrates with PSN.

Wouldn't that be something?

They could even call it, I dunno, PlayStation Mobile.

Wouldn't that be neat?

:)

So they get rid of their mobile section on Vita but go back to mobile games like this..

Mobile game section on Vita coming back?

I havent checked this out in a while but:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=PlayStation+Mobile+Inc.&hl=en

Funny thing is Sony and Microsoft have been publishing mobile games for the longest time now.

Now, now....lets not let facts get in the way of all this.

MS and Sony also both make mobile phones too. Its seems absolutey logical for them to do mobile games.

vCXJBws.gif

This news so soon after Evolution makes me super sad.
That GIF is actually amusing lol.
That would singlehandedly make the worst E3 of all time.

Crash is back!!!!!!!! ... On your mobile.
I think this is how Crash will return. Calling it now.

The funny thing is, it would be easy to port the games to Vita as well.

They used to port all the Playstation Mobile games to Vita. There was a special section on the store. I got some very interesting games from it lol

That GIF is actually amusing lol.

I think this is how Crash will return. Calling it now.

If that's how Crash returns then it's most definitely just a FF7 PC port to FF7 Remaster situation.

Even though Crash is perfect for a runner game

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So you gonna close Evolution and launch a mobile game studio ? Really Sony, really?!

Good business decision. And I doubt the two are related

yeah I know but the timing leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I also know mobile is where the money is but it's just sad.

daveo42

Banned
I look forward to the Uncharted versions of the endless runner (with handholds) and Candy Crush knock off.

Unsurprising news, but poorly timed with the closure of Evolution.

RK128

Not only do they not offer major first party support on Vita now, but they are making major mobile games with Sony IP?

Well as another poster said before; "Can't beat em, join them".

Zojirushi

Yeah looking at some of those mobile revenues a company like Sony probably can't afford to not try and get a piece of that.

Top Bottom