• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Shutting Down All Official Playstation Forums

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
NeoGAF is getting closed too then?

oMRepMz.gif

FranXico

so, shutting their forums down is PRO-Customer? They do this because they care about their customers? Is that it?
No, and I never said it was a good thing. It's fucking stupid.

Calling everything Sony does wrong "anti-consumer" is a stretch, but expected lately. Hence my observation.

Last edited:
No, and I never said it was a good thing. It's fucking stupid.

Calling everything Sony does wrong "anti-consumer" is a stretch, but expected lately. Hence my jab.
Someone taking shit should not take away the thing you enjoy. I used to be upset that so many people (including this board) shit on Xbox but yet here I am enjoying their product and games for over a decade and other people are just wasting their time trolling 🤷🏻‍♂️

FranXico

Someone taking shit should not take away the thing you enjoy. I used to be upset that so many people (including this board) shit on Xbox but yet here I am enjoying their product and games for over a decade and other people are just wasting their time trolling 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good for you mate. Hope you didn't mind me also calling a spade a spade then. ;)

GeorgPrime

Banned
No overhaul, they're just dumping the forums and expecting people to contact them over Twitter.

What could possibly go wrong? ROFL

I hope it doesnt work like Twitter support....

- You want to login: Please put in the security code we send to your email
- "No Email received"
- YOu can fix that problem with a password reset
- "Do Password reset"
- We send a link to reset your password to your email
- "No Email received"
- We can send the email with the password reset again
- "What the f..... where is the support?"
- If you have have problems with your verifcation check out this FAQ topic
- [Check Back later - there is no information available] "WHAT THE F...... where can i contact the support directly?"
- To contact the support please log into Twitter and write a message @TwitterSupport....
- "WHAT THE FUCK WHICH FUCKING DEV TRAINEE DEVELOPED THIS FUCKING PROCESS"

Iam still waiting for an answer from "@TwitterSupport" over my personal twitter account. The email works fine... Twitter just didnt sent anything anymore since December 2019. I dont know what the problem is.

Last edited:
This is proof that the PS5 was a 9tf machine without raytracing from the beginning. Sony is closing shop before they lose too much money, they see MS has them beat with cross play, bc, and gamepass! Mouhahahahhahahahha

VN1X

Banned
Sony closing down the Playstation forums ahead of time because they know how much of a shitshow the PS5 is going to be.

/bigbrain

Good for you mate. Hope you didn't mind me also calling a spade a spade then. ;)
No, but don’t get so worked up about it. I don’t give a shit about “console wars” I had the PS4 as well and it’s a good console. I don’t care what platform people play on were are all gamers and you don’t need to defend the honor of Sony.

jaysius

Banned
They never responded appropriately (helpfully) on those forums anyway.

My PS4 PRO had the "blacks out every session" issue, and there was a MASSIVE post on the UK forum(nobody in the US region bothered to use the forum with the issue) Sony didn't even bother to respond. Eventually Sony stealth fixed it in a "stability" update(so those do contain actual fixes!) I didn't change any HDMI cables, and my AVR is perfectly functional.

Their phone support is garbage too. Their support is garbage in general. I remember when someone on my IP block was BANNED from their store, and I couldn't get on, they just mass banned the IP range, I called support and they were like "it's not your IP, it's another one that was banned in that range". So their "it's not our problem it's YOUR problem" answer was "just call you ISP and tell them to give you a new IP address", but my ISP wasn't going to do that, because they're worse than Sony. Luckily I knew how to change the IP address assigned to my router, OR I would have been bared from all my paid content FOREVER. This really made me lose faith in Sony, and brought to light a new aspect of the bleakness of having a digital library. Also this can happen to ANYONE, and SONY will NOT HELP YOU. They repeatedly told me it wasn't me that was the issue.

So Sony Support is worthless, what are we really losing here?

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I just find it weird they don't mention reddit, which has become the centralized place for feedback.

Although who wants to listen to 100 million people complaining
The subreddit is run by fanboys, no one on the Sony payroll is there which is why they aren’t redirecting to it.

Ten_Fold

This doesn't sting as much as the closure of PS Home.

I'll never get to dance with my virtual homies ever again :messenger_pensive:
I wish they would bring back ps home, soo much cool things they could do with it now. I remember teaching new players how to play sf4 on ps3. Ahhh good memories.

thief183

I tend to choose the games I buy based also (not only ofc) on the fact that the devs have a proprietary forum and how active it is... if hey closed down the forum and are planning on not opening another one Sony is dead to me :p

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The official PlayStation forums never recovered after Sony ditched the third party host and wanted more control over them (creating their own forum tools). Basic stuff such as sending private messages, embedding images, videos, etc. and pretty much every basic feature took months to be implemented. The forums continued on life support with small features and little to no moderation. Spam bots and trolling topics would remain for days before someone removed them. It's a shame as i used to be pretty active on the official PlayStation forums many years ago, but i stopped being active after the whole mess when Sony took over and created their own forum software.

I think we may have our explanation folks. Excellent reporting.

the rest of you noggins...pay attention.

Last edited:
The changes and announcements coming from Sony HQ have been wierd ever since Layden's departure. I wonder what Ryan & co. are up to.

CJ_75

Sony is also pulling out of the Playstation business as they are not able to sell PS5 for USD 399,00.
The Sony studios will now support Google Stadia going forward.

CyberPanda

Banned
The PlayStation Forums Are Closing

Kotaku:

For the longest time, Sony has run its own official messageboard, a place where PlayStation owners could get together, hang out, ague pointlessly and, most importantly, troubleshoot. But on February 27, that board will be shutting down.
Sony announced the move late last week with a very short, very blunt message:
Hello,
Beginning 27th February, the PlayStation.com forums will no longer be available.
We invite you to continue the conversation via PlayStation.Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For product support, please visit the support site, Playstation.com/help/.

And that’s it. I know times change, and habits with them, but this still sucks! The PlayStation Blog is just a blog, with comments obviously locked to the post they appear under. And Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not only hellsites, home to the very worst examples of human communication, but also deeply unhelpful, because they’re a) owned by other companies, and b) they’re nowhere near as focused as a forum.
I wouldn’t be able to count how many times a Google search has directed me over the years to the PlayStation forums for solutions to PlayStation problems, from sketchy PSN download speeds to video issues to firmware complaints. We won’t get that kind of centralised, searchable collection of knowledge (or at least shared experience) back on those external sites, and if you’re even thinking of saying “well just ask on Reddit”, please excuse yourself.

Reactions: Fuz

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
This forum and moderation is bias in favor of Sony Playstation fans ***at all times***. This IS SonyGAF.

If you’re not a Sony fanboy, do yourself a favor and enjoy gaming talk elsewhere where it’s not skewed by pseudo moderation. NeoGAF IS unfortunately a Playstation fanboy forum and you will be negatively targeted if you enjoy Xbox. You WILL be attacked by PS fanboys and PS fanboy moderation.

I hope that everyone can find a new place besides here where they can enjoy gaming talk or discussions in peace without being wrongly and negatively targeted if they’re not a PS fanboy.

I feel sorry for all of you that unfortunately found their way to this place, but sadly it is simply the way that it is here.

Get out now while you still can, otherwise I wish you all the best of luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom