• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that was sort of disappointing. Wasn't 'destructable enviroments' supposed to be one of the major features of this game?
Ignited metal flakes causing melting metal to descend in a space....on brick and brimstone, set a good distance away from the player...

.....why are you guys expecting a massive explosion or any effects that can be visible from that distance with an effect like that?

LastNac

So, no promised level destructions?

I'm feeling new Ryse is coming.
Please...

I liked Ryse in its own right and thought it was unfairly criticized, but the truth is, there was no deviation or change up in gameplay from start to finish. The Order has shown more gameplay variation in 3 minutes than Ryse did in its entirety.

RayMaker

Banned
Can you provide an example of a game that you feel nailed the PR within the same time frame? I want to see how it was different because I simply can't agree that this is an 'atrocious embarrassment'.

I wonder if this is just a natural evolution of our tastes because I can't think of why its announcement date should matter. I also can't see what's wrong with the way they're handling this.

They've done nothing different from countless other games in my eyes. Big CG reveal, a GI spread, a few small clips and streams, and some small impressions as we build to E3. It's honestly been way more than I think we've ever seen for a RaD game. Shadow of Mordor seems to be doing the same with a recent clip and likely more at E3. Why is the Order being treated differently? Is it because it's Sony?

I'am not going to go into to much detail because I have made my self clear in previous posts in this thread and the PR has no way been an 'atrocious embarrassment'.

It just has not been clear that this game is primarily a TPS with other elements.

In previous the order threads there has been people saying its only a shooter, and then other posters will say but there's going to be much more etc. After The first trailer at last years E3 there was hopes and talks of it being, devil may cry and good of war combat Inspired, with survival and horror elements etc. There were very few who wanted it to be a straight shooter akin to uncharted.

The only time its been mentioned to be a TPS is the game informer article. In interview with RAD the gameplay is not mentioned that much in the most recent interviews the setting and the graphics are talked about but with no talk of gameplay, the last time ROD specificity talked about gameplay was last E3 where they said shooting was a part of the game ''there is shooting, but is also moment to moment gameplay.''

The problem here people seem to going into hyperbole on both ends of the spectrum.

You have some saying its bland boring rubbish gameplay etc etc, the marketing has been 'atrocious embarrassment'.

and on the other side of the spectrum you have ppl saying

Screw the haters everything is amazing the graphics are amazing, the PR is completely fine and the gameplay is what we have all been expecting there is no problem at.

Each stance I think is twisted and exaggerated, both tied down by illogical allegiances.

Monad

You're comparing it to a game whose graphics are largely viewed as being its only redeeming factor. So, what exactly did you mean by comparing it to that?

I'm just talking about graphics since the beginning, and Ryse is the unique TPS with stunning visuals to compare on consoles right now (assuming Killzone as a FPS and InFamous as an open-world game), I'm not pretend to say The Order 1886 will be a mediocre title or anything like that (even though Ryse not seem to be a piece of shit for me in overall).

On the other hand, I find some radical to stigmatize someone who you not even know as a fanboy/hater solely for give a diferent opinion, hope you understand.

Lol I anxiously await the Uncharted 4 preview threads. It will be glorious.

A handful of concern trolling aside, there have been numerous valid criticism
leveled against what was shown, such as:

-no damage from that thermite-type gun on surroundings
-dull dialogue
-seemingly poor enemy AI
-claustrophobic level design

and several other I can't recall. Of course, the game is far from release and
we haven't had any substantial footage. So, time will tell.
What a ridiculous complaint. Would you prefer poetry, or Shakespeare when they are telling their friends to move and pick the guy up?

FeiRR

Banned
-no damage from that thermite-type gun on surroundings
Not true. The fence on the left gets destroyed in gunfire. The sign on the right gets bullet holes.
-claustrophobic level design
This is London. You won't be getting a lot of open spaces. Also not in this kind of game.
What a ridiculous complaint. Would you prefer poetry, or Shakespeare when they are telling their friends to move and pick the guy up?
Maybe half-assed jokes like in GeoW? I felt like watching a cartoon for teenagers throughout the whole trilogy.

Not impressed right now. Gameplay looks generic.
Between that, infamous and driveclub, Sony 1st party fails to impress me ao far.

image.php

Edit: Beaten like a jack with a hammer

And what's wrong with having more than one game that plays similar? Nobody trips out about Mario and Donkey Kong platformers on Nintendo consoles, PGR and Forza or Alan Wake and Gears of War on Xbox consoles. Hell, people are asking for a new Perfect Dark even though Xbox already has Halo.

I hope you're not excited for Sunset Overdrive or Crackdown 3, since there's already Dead Rising 3 which is sure to have very similar gameplay to both. Wacky weapons? Mutants/zombies? Some powers and special traversal methods? Open world setting? Each of those 3 games have these things to varying degrees, does that mean the devs should stop making these games? No, each of these are gonna be different enough to be their own games, same with The Order and Uncharted which, aside from guns, look like very different experiences.
What in the world am I reading here?

He accidentally turned into the very thing he hates most, and loads of stupid shit fell out of his brain.

A HDMI cable? Again? We had those last gen!

I'm still trying to figure out all yhe hate for this game I'm reading, I mean it looks really, reeeaallly good..

It's easy, try to imagine having the opposite opinion to the one you just had.

am I the only who sees the facial models and skin shaders are a downgrade on the new images?

It looks like they removed the subsurface scattering, and the shadows and lighting are less soft and realistic. The hair also looks much worse.

It must be difficult being a 'tasch fan and having to look at this downgrade travesty. I've heard MLB The Show has some good hair-face graphics - there's no guns in it though (unless you count Jim Johnson's arms)

Winter John

Gold Member
It's not the kind of game I'd normally be interested in playing but from that very short YT clip it looks fine. I think fans of tps will probably enjoy it a lot. It looks like it's set in Stepney, which is unusual. There aren't many games that use Stepney as an inspiration.

Matush

Wow, so the bashing from 3 minute Twitch video is still going? Damn.

So I watched it again and on second thought, I was okay with what I was seeing. Not that many games are set in Victorian London, not to mention werewolves, but Sony is really doing poor job at presenting this game.

I hope that E3 presentation will blow my mind with what they can do, good luck Ready at Dawn.

Ryse was a piece of shit, so using the comparison doesn't exactly communicate praises.
Yea...no. Not only is it not a piece of shit, it's starting to get some appreciation after getting unfairly shit on. If anything, getting compared to Ryse is a good thing, aka don't shit on games from the backseat without actually playing them.

So when the previews drop on the 27th, can we expect to see more footage, or are we just getting a hi-res version of what we've seen already?

I'm fine with the gameplay, I loved Gears and the stop and pop shooting. The graphics are really impressive as well but the reason I'm interested is I want to experience the world they've come up with (and I don't mean open world, just the universe that this game is set in).

I can't understand why Naughty Dog don't just scale back on the spark graphics, and use the spare power to get rid of those black bars.

I'm fine with the gameplay, I loved Gears and the stop and pop shooting. The graphics are really impressive as well but the reason I'm interested is I want to experience the world they've come up with (and I don't mean open world, just the universe that this game is set in).

Then you'll just love Sunset Overdrive!

I can't understand why Naughty Dog don't just scale back on the spark graphics, and use the spare power to get rid of those black bars.

Then you'll just love Sunset Overdrive!

You mean remedy at dawn?
They already said, that they would have less bandwidth problems with full hd resolution and no aa instead of 1920*800p with 4xmsaa.

So when the previews drop on the 27th, can we expect to see more footage, or are we just getting a hi-res version of what we've seen already?

Who knows.

Did the press get to play the GameInformer full demo up till the half-breeds appearance, or is it still a trimmed version that we'll only get to see the full version at E3?

Personally, I'm hoping we get to see the full Whitechapel footage on Monday, and we get an entirely different showcase at E3. Because from what it sounds like, Whitechapel doesn't have any half-breed enemies.

iceatcs

Wow this game seem popular. PS twitch was just under 3 millions viewed, now boost to 600k few days. Unofficial YouTube already on 250k from both.

I think it will be millions sales easy.

Ramenman

Hahaha, I remember this thread, such a carnival of stupid.

I must admit I did find those 2 minutes kinda boring myself, but the fact that this thread is still going shows that people arguing about what they saw just isn't all there is to it.
Between this and the "BUT WHY BLACK BARSSGBDFGDHUF" it seems Ready At Dawn just won't be able to catch a break with this one. I hope the game turns out good though, because I think they could have a surprising setting/scenario and I'd like to see it in motion.

Also :
You mean remedy at dawn?

Appropriate answer x)

Spineker

Banned
Wow this game seem popular. PS twitch was just under 3 millions viewed and now boost to 600k few days. Unofficial YouTube already on 250k from both.

To be fair, it's one of only 3 Sony exclusives that we know about. It's gonna get attention by necessity, if nothing else.

Betty

Banned
True that but also I think Playstation is damn so popular even Xbox, Nintendo and PC fans following.

I dunno, I think a lot of those views also come from repeat offenders, I didn't even think it was that great a video yet I watched it several times just to study all the nuances that people were pointing out.

iceatcs

I dunno, I think a lot of those views also come from repeat offenders, I didn't even think it was that great a video yet I watched it several times just to study all the nuances that people were pointing out.

Didn't matter how bad or good. It still popular no matter how you want decide it.

Playstation so popular.

Matush

New screen?

TO1886_WCH_Alley_07_2014_05_21.jpg

EDIT: Also, this strange, there are some differences from video and this, banners are not in the video etc.

to1886_e3_2014_floordemo_screenshots_022.jpg

Wow this game seem popular. PS twitch was just under 3 millions viewed and now boost to 600k few days. Unofficial YouTube already on 250k from both.

2.7 million watched it just so they could say on the internet that the game looks proper shit and they already played it in 2005 anyway.

I hope it's not another case of Polygon breaking embargo.

That'll explain the tearing then! (joke lol!)

I'm labelling all my jokes from now on. I'm beginning to understand how Stewart Lee feels.

DieH@rd

Banned

We are getting impressions of journalists who played the game [+screenshots +B-Roll]. There is no chance that RAD would give them to play only these 3 minutes.

I'm hoping that they will play everything from the scene on the rooftops, to the fight in the backstreets, melee against that one dude, finding out about wepon depo, getting a call to help lay warrior, helping her, dragging that dude off the streets, more fight, sudden appearance of werewolf howls, Galahad and girl going to investigate one murder in that dark room [bank?], finding out one werewolf in black room.

RAD showed all that in their current previews, its all most likely one long sequence of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom