• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantII

Are you guys reading the same thread I'm reading? Because you're making it would like we've seen the equivalent of the GOW3 "upgrade" reveal and the UC2 E3 building sequence. The fact that we have to wait for E3 to prove "naysayers/eat crow" dissenters already proves that this was a bad marketing move, from the quality of the twitch the uniform "swap".

Tell me, if you were the PR for this reveal, knowing how the internet would react, is this how you will promote this game? I really don't see any marketing sense to have a bait-n-switch just so they can 1up the doubters. This is the polar opposite of the Sunset Overdrive reveal and it shows MS is actually playing their cards right while SONY is face planting in the mud. Sure, will Tuesday or the E3 prove us skeptics wrong? Maybe, but this isn't the kind of trail Sony wants to lead if want to showcase this game in the best possible light. Again, we will find out in the next 2 weeks and I'm betting this game is going to either wow or us or we're looking at the 2nd coming of Ryse.

That's some fine concern trolling Lou.

Game needs MP. Also windows need to be highlighted so people notice them and uniforms must be fancier at all times - can't look too good in a firefight.

Also Dick Van Dyke must provide the voice for every character.
Now this I can get behind.

Also, thermite rounds need to explode with enough force to knock down buildings.

Goldrusher

I hope you're either joking or just talking about the image quality of the stream. There was no downgrade...
Are you joking?

9S8JhT7.jpg

The downgrade is obvious, isn't it?

Ouch. That's a massive downgrade.

It's a bit annoying when people don't read the thread or even a few of the more recent posts.

It's as if they think their opinion alone is worth discussion; without taking part in any conversation.

This is the opposite of what you want on a message board; this isn't twitter.

Either that, or people are right; we may have under estimated the amount of morons around.

nib95

Banned
Are you joking?

9S8JhT7.jpg

Per object motion blur added on the hair and the hand of the fallen, added colour grading and depth of field, improved lighting, added self shadowing (evident on the leg from the weapon), higher quality distant objects (see the wooden plank in the background through the door) and the addition of objects (glass bottle on the bottom right).

Nope. Though some of these posts are not surprising given the people posting.

Goldrusher

What in that image looks downgraded to you?
The outfits lost all of their detail. Ropes, layers, gold details. Everything. They had highly detailed Victorian outfits before, now they have something that looks made in North Korea.

And to the guy who said the modeling was improved, look at the sleeve of the guy laying down. I guess octagonal sleeves are more next-gen than round ones?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The outfits lost all of their detail. Ropes, layers, gold details. Everything. They had highly detailed Victorian outfits before, now they have something that looks made in North Korea.

And to the guy who said the modeling was improved, look at the sleeve of the guy laying down. I guess octagonal sleeves are more next-gen than round ones?

Those outfits are still in the game. They changed them for this scene..

Ishida

Banned
Are you joking?

9S8JhT7.jpg

Are you crazy? I can't believe you would think that is a downgrade. If anything it is an upgrade.

And they have already stated that those are different uniforms. The ones previously shown are STILL in the game.

velociraptor

*facepalm*

The developer confirmed these are 'sneaking' suits. The ceremonial suits are still in the game.

StuBurns

Banned

That outfit is in the game, just not used in this section, so the clothing is irrelevant.

The sleeve is odd, if you look at the very end in the old one, you can see the 'octagonal', but not further up the sleeve where you can in the new one.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Per object motion blur added on the hair, added colour grading and depth of field, improved lighting, added self shadowing (evident on the leg from the weapon), higher quality distant objects (see the wooden plank in the background through the door) and the addition of objects (glass bottle on the bottom right).

There's clearly depth of field in the first image.

are you for real?

McFadge

Looks like there's less polygons in the arm of the guy being dragged, and his buttons are now textures rather than geometry.

Naminator

Banned
Are you joking?

9S8JhT7.jpg

I don't think there's any downgrade that is apparent.

Just a whole lot of post-processing effect added that hide finer detail.
Per object motion blur added on the hair, added colour grading and depth of field, improved lighting, added self shadowing (evident on the leg from the weapon), higher quality distant objects (see the wooden plank in the background through the door) and the addition of objects (glass bottle on the bottom right).

Dude you should be the last person making those kind of accusations.

SDCowboy

Are you being serious right now? Check their tweets if so.

Are you joking?

9S8JhT7.jpg

I get what your saying, but we have to wait for the HQ video feed of it before we can say its a downgrade.

in the two images you compared, there is a very different lightning, different uniform"they will have the gold chain "victorian" looking uniform in a different mission in the game", also they have added some other effects. I don´t see a downgrade myself, not yet anyway. hopefully the HQ video feeds will put an end to this

nib95

Banned

The new clothes are probably to fit in better amongst the rebels. It obviously plays a role in the narrative. And the loss of detail as you put it is from an increased amount of depth of field and what looks like a general improvement in post processing.

See my post here.

Honestly, looks they added some more advanced colour grading, depth of field and post processing. There's also improved lighting and shadows, especially noticeable on and behind Isabeau.

You get a similar glimpse at such techniques from the Shadow Fall tech demo.

VolemetricLightingKillzone.jpg~original

VolemetricLightingShadowFall.jpg~original

PostProcessingKillzone.jpg~original

TheOrderComparison2.jpg~original

There's clearly depth of field in the first image.

But there's clearly a lot more in the newer build.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Why can't Goldrusher be disappointed in the change of outfit detail?

Yes, the change has been explained.

But I was certainly a fan of the more ornate uniforms. They could add back in a little more bling, yeah?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

But I was certainly a fan of the more ornate uniforms. They could add back in a little more bling, yeah?

The outfits are separate. The other ones are still in the game..

SDCowboy

lol again, the other unis are still in the game.

nib95

Banned
Guys guys, the old build is better because no shadows, volumetric lighting and lol uniforms.
/s

Don't forget per object motion blur. The new build actually has several new improvements that would be far more taxing than the previous build, computationally speaking.

Ryuuga

Banned

Because liking one thing doesn't mean another is a downgrade. Corduroy isn't a downgrade from denim.

Sure, they can express disappointment in that I suppose, but this is really a case where RaD is trying to make the game more consistent within its own setting and story. There is really no need for disappointment because we have been assured the more ornate uniforms will be seen again when more appropriate for the scene.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.

He's not disappointed with change but claiming its a downgrade, disregarding posts explaining the change and generally not reading the posts in the thread anyway. People who want more bling don't get shitposted. That's the difference.

The lack of reflections on the metal objects is an obvious one.

Oh, and you're back. Wonder what happens next.

Don't forget per object motion blur. The new build actually has several new improvements that would be far more taxing than the previous build, computationally speaking.

Yeah, it's the first thing i noticed in the stream compared to the older videos.

Only different suits are obvious. I welcome addition of much better shadows. As for differet color grading and presence of fog, that's their artistic choice.

Gearnuke mentioned it's also because of different time of day, which resulted in actual shadows being cast in the recent gameplay reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom