• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony tweets "Portable Gaming Perfection"

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
kSYXGg6.jpg

Not really surprising. Out of Nintendo and Sony, Sony is definitely poised to go mobile next round rather than release another portable.

Circinus

With the Xperia Tablet Z2 now supporting PS4 Remote Play (well since November last year already) and DualShock 4 connectivity, I don't think their statement is inaccurate or something (from a marketing point of view).

xperia-remote-play-3.JPG.jpg

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/11...apps-more-for-xperia-z2-and-xperia-z2-tablet/

Also, baffled that almost everyone here was offended by a simple tweet like that. Shocking, SonyXperia is advertising their products on their Twitter feed! (and I have a PS Vita for the record and I like it)

Edit: and the image is the Xperia Tablet Z3 Compact for the record.

hohoXD123

With the Xperia Tablet Z2 now supporting PS4 Remote Play (well since November last year already) and DualShock 4 connectivity, I don't think their statement is inaccurate or something (from a marketing point of view).

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/11...apps-more-for-xperia-z2-and-xperia-z2-tablet/

Also, baffled that everyone here was offended by a simple tweet like that. Shocking, SonyXperia is advertising their products on their Twitter feed! (and I have a PS Vita for the record and I like it)

Seems you were so offended by other people being offended that you necrobumped this thread.

Though it's clear they're simply re-tweeting a post from their Xperia account, it's still amusing and a perfect example of how large companies can struggle to align their "language" across multiple social media accounts.

Edit: Fucking hell the second fucking time I fall for a necro bump.

GavinGT

Banned
The guy in the OP is really into that splash screen. He's even holding the left stick forward, as if that's how modern driving games work.

barit

How soulcrushing. I love my Vita so much. Why not Sony? :(

Edit: fuck a necrobump. That's what happens when you only read the first page and not the timestamps grr

Circinus

Übermatik;165112791 said:
Was that post really worth the bump? Fun reading through the old comments anyway...

I apologize for the bump. Just thought it was funny seeing the old replies and pointing out that the Xperia Tablet Z2 now supports Remote Play, further making it a decent option for portable gaming.

I'm surprised that people are still so weirded out by the original tweet.

Eggbok

Also, baffled that almost everyone here was offended by a simple tweet like that. Shocking, SonyXperia is advertising their products on their Twitter feed! (and I have a PS Vita for the record and I like it)

Edit: and the image is the Xperia Tablet Z3 Compact for the record.

Jesus christ that screen needs to be wiped WHAT THE FUCK! It's making my head hurt, I was wiping my monitor hoping that it would magically wipe the tablet!

Meia

I apologize for the bump. Just thought it was funny seeing the old replies and pointing out that the Xperia Tablet Z2 now supports Remote Play, further making it a decent option for portable gaming.

I'm surprised that people still seem so weirded out by the original tweet.

Considering the tweet's contents, and that they themselves have an oft-ignored by marketing/E3 handheld system, it's what you call "the perfect storm," so no, it shouldn't be surprising in the least.

ugly

Gamers are like polar bears on an icecap that is vanishing at an exponential rate

Please, we need your donation to save the vita
sponsor a gaffer tofay

Circinus

I already own a Vita, which I believe can be synced with a DS4?

If so, I'm gonna make a stand with a coat hanger so I can play Destiny remotely using DS4 from now on... I can't do the tough battles using the Vita sticks and buttons...

I don't think DualShock 4 can be synced to a PS Vita. At least not for Remote Play is what I've heard other people say.

Considering the tweet's contents, and that they themselves have an oft-ignored by marketing/E3 handheld system, it's what you call "the perfect storm," so no, it shouldn't be surprising in the least.

Yes, but you have to take the context into account, it was tweeted by SonyXperia (Sony Mobile) who of course are going to advertise their Xperia products on their Twitter feed. It wasn't tweeted by PlayStation (Sony Computer Entertainment). Different companies under the same parent company.

Yes, I think the main Sony Twitter account could have been a bit more considerate before retweeting that, but really even then I don't see how it's a big deal. Mobile phones and tablets are very versatile devices and are more popular than ever for playing video games so from a marketing point of view it makes sense the highlight the DualShock connectivity capabilities of that Xperia tablet. PS Vita has its own niche.

Top Bottom