• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

-viper- said:
wow. fuck motion controls and fuck nintendo. this is their bidding.

awful.

where are the AAA games that I bought the PS3 for? I don't want to play a bunch of shitty casual shoveware crap.

bitter much?

Swittcher

Banned
-viper- said:

awful.

where are the AAA games that I bought the PS3 for? I don't want to play a bunch of shitty casual shoveware crap.

Holy shit, way to place the blame on the right people, GOW fan.

-viper- said:

awful.

What about GoW3, Heavy Rain, Yakuza3, FFXIII, GT5 and so much more still to come? On GDC Sony focused on the Playstation Move, this doesn't mean they aren't working on real games anymore.

GDGF

Soothsayer
-viper- said:

awful.

:lol Consider it Nintendo's ultimate revenge against people who didn't buy a Gamecube.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
-viper- said:

awful.

What do you mean "where are the AAA games that you brought the PS3 for?" ?, do you think they have all been shoved under the carpet or something?, this conference was primarily about introducing the motion controller, this was not an E3 press event, the AAA games will keep rolling in on all the systems, the only difference is now all the systems support motion controls, I really can't see how adding features to a console can upset people so much, if you don't like it don't buy into it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
-viper- said:

awful.

AAA games. :lol :lol :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, none of those games look even slightly interesting to me.

I was hoping to see something interesting, but they are just copying the type of Wii games that I hate.

-viper-

Banned
Sidewinder said:
What about GoW3, Heavy Rain, Yakuza3, FFXIII, GT5 and so much more still to come? On GDC Sony focused on the Playstation Move, this doesn't mean they aren't working on real games anymore.
I know they're making some good games but I don't want to see them continuing with crappy shovelware that no one cares about.

dark10x said:

I was hoping to see something interesting, but they are just copying the type of Wii games that I hate.
Exactly.

Interfectum

evh3H.jpg

:lol console gaming :lol

Haunted

I came for the pictures...

-viper- said:

awful.

I stayed for the meltdowns. :lol

To be fair, Sports Champions looks pretty cool (well, sans EA Street-styled protagonists). The rest looks pretty bad, to be honest.

gogogow

dark10x said:

Yeah, none of them were interesting to me either, but they also only showed SCEE (London?) games. We've yet to see what SCEJ is cooking up (Ape Escape etc.)

Kunan

Littlegator said:
I can't be the only one to find this stupid, can I? >_>

clonearmy.jpg
First thing I noticed lol TO have all of the shooter gallery characters in the same frame of animation at the same time is sooo lame :lol

-viper-

Banned
I'll probably end up buying the motion controller because it might be good with games such as Resident Evil 5. But why waste time and money making crap like this? :\

Cruzader

Banned
-viper- said:

awful.

Stop being a dumb tard please. Did core games magically disappear? Are you that dumb? You are saying Uncharted 3/KZ3+ other future games have been canned? Please go kill yourself and removed the Kratos avatar. Kratos doesnt like blind dump people using his avatar.

dark10x said:

yeah.

i'm sure solid titles do exist though. i mean, i was expecting something from the Flow and Flower team that would be casual, artful, and mind blowing.

i'm sure that game is in development... why they just chose to highlight a bunch of experiences already available on the wii... i'm not sure.

Ricker

Awful,awful stuff,staying far away from this...I want to add something here but i`ll just leave it at that.... ;P

-viper-

Banned
Cruzader said:
Stop being a dumb tard please. Did core games magically disappear? Are you that dumb? You are saying Uncharted 3/KZ3+ other future games have been canned? Please go kill yourself and removed the Kratos avatar. Kratos doesnt like blind dump people using his avatar.
these games are a waste of time and money which could be better spent elsewhere. yeah i know my comment was actually really stupid, but it was based on what i saw in this thread. i'm just annoyed because im ASSUMING they'll continue with this 'new' direction.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Well I for one love the Wii-motion controls and have done from the start, just a dam shame they couldn't of implemented the motion+ into the original design, but I can't lie, the low resolution GFX on the Wii was hard to take in so to be able to play similar games in HD on the PS3 is quite appealing to me, I would love stuf like boom blox on the PS3, also don't forget once this has been out for a while I'm sure indy dev's will be creating some more imaginative PSN games for the device.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
who knows what the priece may be - i think they dont want to tell competitors the price jet...

and i dont understand most of you guys, if you have a ps3 play the big games, now you get stuff n`games you dont have to buy... its an extra and it works the way they told us a year ago... this was always for the casuals - who ever expected Killzone 3 full motion blow out is/was daydreaming... casuals dont care for stuff with kill in its title and core people dont care for waggle on ps3 (if they did they would have bought a wii years ago)

this is a nice extra for people who think its cool and baM! thats it... dont like it? dont buy it! its not that you have to suffer with these waggle controls for the rest of the ps3`s life...

i for one dont care for this (besides the fact that its news for ps3 owners), but i know i will have to buy it once my gf see`s a ps move ad... but i dont start to shit on it.

relax people

Raist

Banned
What are people calling "Wii shovelware" exactly? Motion party? Looks pretty much like eyetoy shovelware to me.

Hammer24

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Their not trying to force anything on you, if you don't like it then carry on about your way and continue to buy the games you love, motion controls aside all consoles look to have some amazing 'core' titles coming out this year, Natal/PSHome arn't are going to change that, if anything they are going to add to it.

While this is true, I simply fear a shift of resources away from high risk big budget productions to quick´n´dirty Wiiware/XBLA/PSN shovelware. 2010 will be great - but what about 2011, 2012 etc?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
-viper- said:
i'm just annoyed because im ASSUMING they'll continue with this 'new' direction.
As opposed to this?

2i1a8i.gif

"OH I'M A BIG MEAN MAN WITH VIOLENCE AND SEX FOR THE LITTLE BOYS TO LIKE ME LOOK AT MY MANLY GOATEE I WAS DESIGNED AFTER POOCHY FROM THE SIMPONS GRR I'M MATURE AND AAA VIOLNECE ROARAES!"

Durante

Haunted said:
To be fair, Sports Champions looks pretty cool (well, sans EA Street-styled protagonists). The rest looks pretty bad, to be honest.
I agree. If the first impressions are confirmed I may buy it just for the table tennis game (well, and since I already own a PSeye).

savor100

-viper- said:
these games are a waste of time and money which could be better spent elsewhere. yeah i know my comment was actually really stupid, but it was based on what i saw in this thread. i'm just annoyed because im ASSUMING they'll continue with this 'new' direction.

Yeah, I'm sure GOW4 and Uncharted 3 will have this Mii-like support.

Interfectum

Princess Skittles said:
As opposed to this?

2i1a8i.gif

"OH I'M A BIG MEAN MAN WITH VIOLENCE AND SEX FOR THE LITTLE BOYS TO LIKE ME LOOK AT MY MANLY GOATEE I WAS DESIGNED AFTER POOCHY FROM THE SIMPONS GRR I'M MATURE AND AAA VIOLNECE ROARAES!"

2aLkn.jpg

Cruzader

Banned
-viper- said:
Remember Home for PS3??? Sony is using resources on that front too. Did that change anything? No. Nor will Move so please dont act like PS3 will have casual only games. GDC is not E3, it was used to reveal Move, thats why we only saw Move stuff. Core games will be shown on E3 ffs. Use common knowledge isnstead of making an ass of yourself. I believe Move wont change a thing for core gaming.

Lets see, Wii games=casual games=what sony wants=Move games= You hated Move games since day0.

Again, not sure why people expected AAA(lol, dont believe in such a thing) Move games at GDC...

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Hammer24 said:
While this is true, I simply fear a shift of resources away from high risk big budget productions to quick´n´dirty Wiiware/XBLA/PSN shovelware. 2010 will be great - but what about 2011, 2012 etc?

if they did that, what console would you buy next gen? the king of casuals sucsessor "wii 2 " or the sucsessor of the console that tried to hard to fit in?

they need these AAA games for reputations sake... if they go casual only no one is going to buy a ps4.

---

and to me this games with the shef did everything right... it looks creepy, but people (gaf) are laugthing and make fun of it ,and so will people at home - it looks dump and crappy on purpose.

Interfectum

Cruzader said:
Again, not sure why people expected AAA(lol, dont believe in such a thing) Move games at GDC...

I think people were hoping that Sony wouldn't just completely copy what Nintendo has already done.

Apath

Yeah, I'm not getting the whole "this is taking away from the AAA titles". The only way this will negatively effect the awesome games coming out for PS3 is if this thing takes off beyond any reasonable predictions and actually becomes a true competitor for the Wii. Even then, Sony wouldn't just *stop* making great games that sell over 1 million copies.

Shurs

NO!R said:
Hey psst, d00dz. Check it out:
http://i42.tinypic.com/10gmrno.png[/IMG

I'm not feelin' this whole "Move" groove, so I cooked up something a lil' more inspired, na'meen?

PSR, or PlayStation Reach. Reach into your games, Reach your true potential. Reach into PlayStation. [I](bitchezz)[/I]

EDIT:

Did it on paint at 3 am, so don't hate. :P[/QUOTE]

I loathe everything about your post, from your stupid concept and artwork, to your use of 2002 gangster slang. Welcome to my ignore list, Dawg.

Interfectum

Kenak said:
Yeah, I'm not getting the whole "this is taking away from the AAA titles". The only way this will negatively effect the awesome games coming out for PS3 is if this thing takes off beyond any reasonable predictions and actually becomes a true competitor for the Wii. Even then, Sony wouldn't just *stop* making great games that sell over 1 million copies.

My biggest worry would be if they took an existing franchise I loved (say uncharted or whatever) and forced motion controls onto it. And unlikely scenario for sure but still something to think about.

So apparently 6 games were shown:

Dukes (a bare knuckle boxing game):
Move Party (crazy multiplayer activities game)
Sports Champions (assortment of sports titles)
The Shoot (shoot the bad guys and impress the movie director with your style)
TV Superstars (game show contest)
Slider (strange kung fu action on an office chair)

I have seen the fist 5, but what's Slider about?

BTW Sport Champions is the only interesting one from the bunch.

Facism

Princess Skittles said:
As opposed to this?

2i1a8i.gif

Very mature + clever.

He doesn't like motion controls. Big deal, Viper could of done without the rage post, to be fair. You could of been a bit more adult rather than RAWWWRRRR I'M A MEAN KITTY RAWWWWR. Same shit different viewpoint.

You see how condescending that is? Sort it out, love.

------

As for my opinion on the motion stuff, well, not really into it. Screenshots don't look that hot, but that seems to be a symptom of screenshots this gen. Not had a chance to see all of this in motion so I'm a bit lost with some of the games and their objectives. What's the woman supposed to be doing to the fish?

Kenak said:
look at it this way, all these games we've seen clearly do not appeal to most core gamers. no one here is going to buy TV Superstars instead of GT5 say.

this is about trying to tap into a wider market, which means that these games won't be competing in the same space as your AAA core games. yeah, there'll be some minor overlap, but the demand for AAA games isn't going anywhere, so devs will continue to make them.

Hammer24

Banned
sankt-Antonio said:
if they did that, what console would you buy next gen? the king of casuals sucsessor "wii 2 " or the sucsessor of the console that tried to hard to fit in?

I might be forced to go back to PC gaming.

elohel

Cruzader said:

cuz sony has virtually no casual crowd on the ps3(they've even claimed that they've captured the "core" crowd meaning thats their rock or w/e )

no one who's thinking about getting a wii is thinking "maybe i'll just hold off till sony's stuff comes out"

so who are they marketing to? the "core" gamers which means "core" games should be shown

srsly what casual gamer knows about this thing?

i think that's why people were expecting AAA titles

i really dont think singstar and buzz numbers are gonna make this thing take off and thats all they got at the moment for a foundation

Dra-Q

Banned
-viper- said:

awful.

You're an expert, right?

Top Bottom