• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

cacildo

That´s the playstation magic.

Right... there.

2njvgv6.jpg

Cruzader

Banned
Interfectum said:
I think people were hoping that Sony wouldn't just completely copy what Nintendo has already done.
The first time we saw PSwand, I saw PSwand shovelware coming to PS3. I dont see how it could differentiate itself from Wii games since its the same thing but more accurate. Sony clearly wants a piece of N's pie, simple. All you core gamers are just sad it aint for you. That there wasnt an FPS tailored for Move only or something. Again, this is GDC, even if that sort of game is coming, that's not the place for the announcement.

Im sure MS will do the same as Sony. Introduce crap casual games but without any sort of devices obviously.

Also some of you are so blinded or insecure core gamers...:lol Sony shifting gears and not making AAA core games for 2011-2012....wow. Please those years will be insane. New console reveal(maybe), probably with next gen sequels...we have alot to look forward to.

Apath

plagiarize said:
look at it this way, all these games we've seen clearly do not appeal to most core gamers. no one here is going to buy TV Superstars instead of GT5 say.

this is about trying to tap into a wider market, which means that these games won't be competing in the same space as your AAA core games. yeah, there'll be some minor overlap, but the demand for AAA games isn't going anywhere, so devs will continue to make them.
Isn't this just going with what I was saying? Anyways I agree 100%

Salz01

Alot of this just looks scary and creepy. I hope at E3 they have something more substantial. Lots of this stuff is lackluster for sure. OP, thanks for posting the screenshots and video.

Haunted

Raist said:
What are people calling "Wii shovelware" exactly? Motion party? Looks pretty much like eyetoy shovelware to me.
This is true, it looks like a game in the Eyetoy series, much moreso than any Wii (1st party) game I know. The others aren't Wii rip-offs either, with TV Superstars being an American Gladiator meets lifestyle type of deal, The Shoot being a simple shooting gallery (these have been around forever), and Motion Fighter being, well, a fighting game.

The closest is probably the Sports game (and that only because they've chosen to show off Table Tennis, Fencing and Archery which are all prominent parts of Wii Sport >_<).

Durante said:
I agree. If the first impressions are confirmed I may buy it just for the table tennis game (well, and since I already own a PSeye).
Exactly what I've been thinking, but I do hope there's an option (like in Wii Sports) to speed up the game, as it is the ball physics feel very off, much too slow.

kinggroin

Banned
Cruzader said:
Stop being a dumb tard please. Did core games magically disappear? Are you that dumb? You are saying Uncharted 3/KZ3+ other future games have been canned? Please go kill yourself and removed the Kratos avatar. Kratos doesnt like blind dump people using his avatar.
:D

elohel

i think im off, do people mean AAA as in, whatever franchise is AAA orrr

do people mean like really good quality casual games?

wut is context of AAA?

sry confused

Shurs

elohel said:
i think im off, do people mean AAA as in, whatever franchise is AAA orrr

do people mean like really good quality casual games?

wut is context of AAA?

sry confused

AAA equals large budget.

Haunted

Cruzader said:
Also some of you are so blinded or insecure core gamers...:lol Sony shifting gears and not making AAA core games for 2011-2012....wow. Please those years will be insane. New console reveal(maybe), probably with next gen sequels...we have alot to look forward to.
To be fair, the same thing happened with Nintendo and the Wii. Core gamers are really insecure and afraid of being "left behind", so to speak.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Kenak said:
Well, SC2 is right around the corner.

people bitching because they need new and fresh stuff - and you come along with a game that copies a 20 year ols formula ... meh

... gaf, dont kill ban me now its a joke.... well its not... but... i hope you stopped reading after the sc2 diss... :)

Biff

While I won't be buying PS Move with the current line-up of games, I have no doubt this will do well. 13 million PS3s WW in 2009 should make anyone think twice about doubting a Sony estimate.

Sony execs + Wharton MBAs > Internet.

Shurs

Kenak said:
Well, I'd say large budget = AAA effort, but I'd argue AAA is really just a game that has established itself as a top tier title.

I certainly could be wrong, but I thought AAA had nothing to do with quality, and everything to do with resources attached to the project. Demon's Souls, for example, isn't a AAA game, it's an awesome game, but it's not AAA. Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, is a AAA game due to its budget.

Interfectum

Cruzader said:
All you core gamers are just sad it aint for you. That there wasnt an FPS tailored for Move only or something.

I'm not 'sad' it doesn't appeal to me... more like disappointed this is the best Sony could come up with.

Kenak said:
Yeah, I'm not getting the whole "this is taking away from the AAA titles". The only way this will negatively effect the awesome games coming out for PS3 is if this thing takes off beyond any reasonable predictions and actually becomes a true competitor for the Wii. Even then, Sony wouldn't just *stop* making great games that sell over 1 million copies.

Similarly to what we already talked about in one of Natal threads, there's no reason to believe that the introduction of PlayStation Move will necessarily mean a huge shift of resources away from traditional PlayStation games.

Also, although most games showcased today look like uninspired rehashes of already existing Wii and EyeToy titles, the better examples among them (that Wii Sports knock-off) show that the hardware itself holds a lot of promise. There's certainly some potential there, it only hasn't been realized yet.

That said, I don't think this will steal a lot of customers from Nintendo, not unless Sony comes up with some ingenious yet accessible gameplay concepts that are just not possible on Nintendo's hardware. Higher fidelity of visuals and even motion tracking probably isn't all that important to the largest part of the Wii audience.

Apath

Shurs said:
I certainly could be wrong, but I thought AAA had nothing to do with quality, and everything to do with resources attached to the project. Demon's Souls, for example, isn't a AAA game, it's an awesome game, but it's not AAA. Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, is a AAA game due to its budget.
All semantics, there is no definitive definition. I was just giving my input.

They should have showed Ape Escape. Its worth noting that no japanese stuff was shown for the Move, not that I expect Sony Japan to have suddenly decided to start making PS3 games, but still :lol

Also got to laugh at the people over-reacting that this means there will never be AAA core games on the PS3 ever again. Never change insanoGAF, even after you get sectioned.

Punks

Sony has a great track record of ripping off Nintendo. First they ripped off the SNES controller with the original PS controller, then they ripped off the N64 controller and introduced the dual shock, now the ripped off the wiimote and nunchuk. That's great innovation Sony!!!

[Nintex] said:
Time to strike SEGA!

Release Dreamcast 2 and show these clowns how shit is done!

By releasing impossible to develop for hardware?
I love Sega, but they aren't exactly the kind of company I'd ask to be the "saviours" of gaming.

I like everything I saw, can't wait for more. I can see the potential of this first phase roll out. Once we see more from E3 and more studios when things are fleshed out more then I will base my opinion on those products, not pre alpha stuff. I can see myself enjoying Hustle Kings with the move controller, Tiger woods '11, Table Tennis looked outstanding, if "The Shoot" was on a more random rails type of thing it could be cool, Archery is always good to have and The RTS game that will be part of the line up this fall. So I can envision a whole host of fun things to do with the move. And, if they flesh out the street fight game to include some calorie counting excersize routines then I will get into that as well.

I can't wait for E3 now that I know whats coming down the pipe.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Punks said:
Sony has a great track record of ripping off Nintendo. First they ripped off the SNES controller with the original PS controller, then they ripped off the N64 controller and introduced the dual shock, now the ripped off the wiimote and nunchuk. That's great innovation Sony!!!

That's news to me :lol

If anything, they introduced the controller handles with the PS1.

-viper- said:
wow. fuck motion controls and fuck nintendo. this is their bidding.

awful.

where are the AAA games that I bought the PS3 for? I don't want to play a bunch of shitty casual shoveware crap.

Yeah, how dare Nintendo make something different that a lot of people liked. Those bastards, giving no consideration to how it might affect Sony's customers.

DexterXS

Punks said:

Well if you're going to mention history then you should also acknowledge that they have always done it better as well.

SecretBonusPoint said:
They should have showed Ape Escape. Its worth noting that no japanese stuff was shown for the Move, not that I expect Sony Japan to have suddenly decided to start making PS3 games, but still :lol

Slider looks to be a Japanese game. It was only on the game reel, though, there was no presentation.

Shurs said:
AAA does not equal quality, only budget and resources.

I disagree completely. High budget and resources are definetily a requirement for AAA games, but that alone doesn't guarantee an AAA title.

I've never heard anyone refer to LAIR as an AAA title after release, because it isn't.

Anyhow I'm still waiting for some impressions on Sliders and maybe some screenshots, since that's the thread's topic.

GodofWine

As much as I wanted them to show me some super secret AAA shooter (again), Im kinda happy that I have the ability to by the motion pack and a couple games that will keep friends and family entertained when I have them over
and then it will sit in the closet until the next time they come over like most Wii's do...seriously, every Wii owner I know never uses it..so don't yell at me, yell at them...longest spoiler ever....

But seriously, Im thinking that in 4-6 years when Im totally done with this system, my daughter can use it to play these motion games (she's 9 mos old now).

jmd494

Kotaku is reporting:

The Subcontroller also features a full-fledged motion sensor, just like the Move wand itself, unlike the Wii Remote Nunchuk's gyroscope which is fairly primitive in comparison.

Is that just their usual Krappy reporting or what?

Raist

Banned
Punks said:

Well OF COURSE the PS controller looks like a snes controller. It was supposed to BE a snes controller.

Shiggy

Justin Dailey said:
Kotaku is reporting:

The Subcontroller also features a full-fledged motion sensor, just like the Move wand itself, unlike the Wii Remote Nunchuk's gyroscope which is fairly primitive in comparison.

No off-hand gyro: The Wii Nunchuk has a sensor that detects motion, more crudely than does the Remote. The PS3's version of the Nunchuk, does not have a motion sensor, according to a developer I was speaking to. There's a chance that is not final, but that is the case with the controllers at Sony's showcase event today. But that's why two-handed boxing-style games were shown with two Moves. On the Wii, those kinds of games are handled, with supposedly less precision, with a Remote and Nunchuk.
http://kotaku.com/5490574/how-the-playstation-move-is-not-a-wii-remote

durendal

Justin Dailey said:
Kotaku is reporting:

I think this goes against an earlier report where they said it had no motion control. Either way, it's not possible for the sub-controller to have the same motion control fidelity since it doesn't have that glowing ball.

Halcyon

I will buy a blue and pink one, with 2 party/family games with the eyetoy if this comes out near christmas.

I don't have a wii but i've wanted to get one just for the option to play family games. I'm married and have two small children. This product is right up my ally because the only other family type games I play on my ps3 are buzz! lbp and the Lego games.

I approve of shovelware.

Top Bottom