• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Motion Control Line-Up screenshot thread

Concept17

Not sure why anyone is surprised by these games. And some of you are acting like all of Sony's studios are just gonna up and quit making games as they have been.

Concept17 said:
Not sure why anyone is surprised by these games. And some of you are acting like all of Sony's studios are just gonna up and quit making games as they have been.

I think the surprise comes from how bland and junky they look, rather than them just being blatant rip offs.

alterno69

Banned
I don't care i know i'll buy this to play with the wife and my son. Shovelware or not good games will be available even if 90% are crap.

Cruzader said:
Stop being a dumb tard please. Did core games magically disappear? Are you that dumb? You are saying Uncharted 3/KZ3+ other future games have been canned? Please go kill yourself and removed the Kratos avatar. Kratos doesnt like blind dump people using his avatar.

:lol

Can't wait for HD-shovelware.

Raist

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
It changes automatically to provide good contrast against the rest of the room.

Yeah but it's also used to differentiate players and it can be changed on the fly as well. So it won't be completely arbitrary either.

Apath

Misterinenja said:
:lol

Can't wait for HD-shovelware.
How did I miss that?
Stop being a dumb tard please. Did core games magically disappear? Are you that dumb? You are saying Uncharted 3/KZ3+ other future games have been canned? Please go kill yourself and removed the Kratos avatar. Kratos doesnt like blind dump people using his avatar.
Hooray for the ignore feature!

vermadas

Cruzader said:

The amount of irony contained in this post is overwhelming :lol

Sony needs to show me Move with a game that actually looks compelling. Until then...

OuterWorldVoice said:
t06ujl.jpg

beast786 said:
Exactly.This is Wii HD :D

Not quite. The Wii was made popular because Nintendo knows how to make certain types of games that work well with that audience. It's the reason why Nintendo-branded games sell so well. The stuff Sony has shown looks like shovelware, nothing more.

I'll play Wii HD... through the Dolphin emulator. Wii HD this is not, that's just absurd.

Cruzader said:

this thread is just so amazing

my god

Eteric Rice

Bootaaay said:
This thread is plaguing me with flashbacks of E3 06. Hilarious flashbacks.

Accept this isn't really new to the world. It just seems like a more accurate Wiimote.

I really don't think this thing is going to succeed like some people here are thinking it will.

Could be a mild success, though.

beast786

kitchenmotors said:
Not quite. The Wii was made popular because Nintendo knows how to make certain types of games that work well with that audience. It's the reason why Nintendo-branded games sell so well. The stuff Sony has shown looks like shovelware, nothing more.

I'll play Wii HD... through the Dolphin emulator. Wii HD this is not, that's just absurd.

Well that audiene can now play wii Play/Resort on HD. Ofcours there is going to be shovelware. Since PS3 is now wii HD it will also acquire wii's wide variety of shovelware in HD

Halcyon

I think if the right game comes along and uses it well everyone would go out and get it that has a ps3. KZ3, Uncharted 3, Dead Space 2? Maybe a Ratchet & Clank game.

beast786 said:
Well that audiene can now play wii Play/Resort on HD. Ofcours there is going to be shovelware. Since PS3 is now wii HD it will also acquire wii's wide variety of shovelware in HD

You're not getting it.

There is no Wii Play or Resort for Playstation Move. I love Sony as a developer, but this type of thing is not their strong suit.

People who bought Wii Sports Resort are not going to go out and buy a PS3 to play some Sony shovelware knockoff. Nintendo already has an incredibly strong brand and image. People aren't going to gravitate to something of lesser quality. That's like choosing Digimon over Pokemon, and we all know how that panned out.

PS3 is not Wii HD, it's simply a me too reaction. While I'm not a fan of Natal, at least Microsoft has tried something a little different.

longdi

Banned
You know a product is going for success if there is a lot of buzz around it. Wii, Xbox Live, Halo, Iphone. There is no buzz for PS Move because it does not feel new and exciting. The big news pages cared little but for the obligatory reports, the underground forumers care even less for this Wii duplicate.

If they were going to do this they should have put another analogue stick on the right hand one and had the same shoulder / trigger buttons under.

What I'm saying is that at the very least make the think capable of replacing the normal duel shock as opposed to making it a separate add on. If it simply replicated a normal controller with additional features then it MIGHT be worth picking up, but as it stands I don't really see why I should do anything but ignore it.
The aweful lineup nowithstanding

beast786

kitchenmotors said:
You're not getting it.

There is no Wii Play or Resort for Playstation Move. I love Sony as a developer, but this type of thing is not their strong suit.

People who bought Wii Sports Resort are not going to go out and buy a PS3 to play some Sony shovelware knockoff. Nintendo already has an incredibly strong brand and image. People aren't going to gravitate to something of lesser quality. That's like choosing Digimon over Pokemon, and we all know how that panned out.

PS3 is not Wii HD, it's simply a me too reaction. While I'm not a fan of Natal, at least Microsoft has tried something a little different.

Something of a lesser quality? :lol

No way i am saying people are going to buy PS3 because of this. But it adds diversity to PS3 which it severly lacked. Part of PS2 success was because it was full of family type casual games and had amazing diversiy. In that Genre PS3 was way way behind, I have plenty of friends with young kids who cant justify a machine when it provides nothing for 10 and below. Economics times are tough, people are looking for more bang for he buck.

SOCOM 4/LBP co-OP are not shovelware either.

And how is Natal any different :lol , PS2 EYE TOY has been there for years and have been successful.

PS3 is now Wii HD.

PSGames

beast786 said:

No way i am saying people are going to buy PS3 because of this. But it adds diversity to PS3 which it severly lacked. Part of PS2 success was because it was full of family type casual games and had amazing diversiy. In that Genre PS3 was way way behind, I have plenty of friends with young kids who cant justify a machine when it provides nothing for 10 and below. Economics times are tough, people are looking for more bang for he buck.

And how is Natal any different :lol , PS2 EYE TOY has been there for years and have been successful.

PS3 is now Wii HD.

the Wii has proven that Casuals don't care if games are HD or not they just want to have fun. So being a 'Wii HD' doesn't really amount to much. Especially if you don't have the caliber of Nintendo's first party backing you up. Plus a Wii is atleast half the price of a PS3 plus Move.

If you think Natal is going to be just another EyeToy you're going to be in for a rude awakening my friend.

beast786 said:

PS3 is now Wii HD.

The responses are priceless.

There's obviously no getting through to you. The Eye Toy was a success? How so? Eye Toy is exactly the reason why I don't have faith in Sony with the Playstation Move. Anyone can slap motion controls onto already proven games, like Socom or LBP, that's not the issue. They're trying to recreate Nintendo's success by providing games exactly like the WiiSports variety. Everything shown so far looks like shovelware. There is nothing that feels fresh or inviting.

Natal is another creature. Microsoft didn't go out and try to copy Nintendo's playbook, they're trying to "improve" what Nintendo has built. I don't think it's going to be a success, but at least it's different.

beast786

PSGames said:
the Wii has proven that Casuals don't care if games are HD or not they just want to have fun. So being a 'Wii HD' doesn't really amount to much. Especially if you don't have the caliber of Nintendo's first party backing you up. Plus a Wii is atleast half the price of a PS3 plus Move.

If you think Natal is going to be just another EyeToy you're going to be in for a rude awakening my frienbd.

How do you know that wii crowd doesnt care about HD. There was no choice for that market in HD before.

Plus, Sony can support just fine with its first party support also.

Really, have you seen any games from NATAL that an observer will say. WOW, Never seen that before as a casual gamer.

Natal Might be way better than EYE, Just like move Might be way better than Wii-mote. But the bottom line is for casual gaming experience they will all look the same. Moving your hand around like PS EYE or Natal, Or using your wii-mote or Move.

iceatcs

PSGames said:

If you think Natal is going to be just another EyeToy you're going to be in for a rude awakening my friend.
I don't care for casual and what they want or thought.
Only thing I care is myself and my dog.
I like Wii but play in HD is good news just for me. So those line-up should have more then I will be happy more.

AniHawk

J-Rzez said:
Only a blind fanboy can appreciate Uncharted 2, KZ2, inFamous, SOCOM, GT, WoW (OH WAIT!), etc I guess... :(

I mean, look at all those fan boys out there loving Uncharted 2. Getting awards like mad. So many fanboys out there.

Nice fail on your part.

No, the insinuation that because you happen to like sony games the most makes you even more of a real gamer for whatever reason is pretty weird at the very least.

beast786

kitchenmotors said:
The responses are priceless.

There's obviously no getting through to you. The Eye Toy was a success? How so? Eye Toy is exactly the reason why I don't have faith in Sony with the Playstation Move. Anyone can slap motion controls onto already proven games, like Socom or LBP, that's not the issue. They're trying to recreate Nintendo's success by providing games exactly like the WiiSports variety. Everything shown so far looks like shovelware. There is nothing that feels fresh or inviting.

Natal is another creature. Microsoft didn't go out and try to copy Nintendo's playbook, they're trying to "improve" what Nintendo has built. I don't think it's going to be a success, but at least it's different.

Wait so Sony is trying to recreate through nintendo sucess. But Natal is a different creature and trying to improve what nintendo has built? :lol

Wow...

This is win , win, win for everyone. Hell even sony recognized nintendo success as they began there GDC conference contratulating Nintendo on there motion control sucess. Bringing that casual market into gaming industry.

Natal,Wii-mote and move. THey all have the same purpose for there platform. Expand for the casual game GEN. Seriously, OMG metroid 3 has Motion control but if SOCOM 4 has exactly the same setup its just add on :lol

Sorry but its Wii HD.

Odrion

Banned
Not many people adopt new hardware on an already existing console, and it separates the market enough that it doesn't become profitable to develop games for a subset of people. This isn't going to take off, people.

DogWelder

Cruzader said:
DEcAZ.png

cacildo said:
That´s sad, not funny.

I was hoping that Playstation Wand/Arc/Gem/Move could get this right

And i know this is "Pre-alpha", but why show it as a live demo then?

Because like three seconds later the dude pulled it off. They even mentioned it is around 20% complete. And this is the Game Developer Conference.

Still a poor showing, but I can cut them a bit of slack.

Tideas

Banned
cacildo said:
That´s sad, not funny.

I was hoping that Playstation Wand/Arc/Gem/Move could get this right

And i know this is "Pre-alpha", but why show it as a live demo then?

I'll take the time to answer this question.

It was shown at a "Game Developer Conference". Meaning, it's not meant for public consumption. It's supposed to show what the Move is capable off, which on 2nd try, the motion did work out.

Things are supposed to be in pre-alpha, "working titles".

You want something remotely polished? Wait til E3.

This is a reason why you don't go to Pharmacy or Doctor conference because the shit they show are boring and someone uneducated like yourself in such subject would have no clue what's going on.

Tideas said:
I'll take the time to answer this question.

It was shown at a "Game Developer Conference". Meaning, it's not meant for public consumption. It's supposed to show what the Move is capable off, which on 2nd try, the motion did work out.

Things are supposed to be in pre-alpha, "working titles".

You want something remotely polished? Wait til E3.

This is a reason why you don't go to Pharmacy or Doctor conference because the shit they show are boring and someone uneducated like yourself in such subject would have no clue what's going on.

This is true, but unfortunately, with the way gaming journalism is now, consumers and gamers, especially the hardocre which spend time on forums and the like have started to expect E3 levels of quality for every sort of announcement or presentation. Regardless of how stupid that point of view is, it only looks like it's gonna get worse.

Top Bottom