• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was kind of disappointing. I was hoping they'd take the show in a new direction, although I don't really know how they could, or what they would do exactly.

Trent Strong said:
Well, that was kind of disappointing. I was hoping they'd take the show in a new direction, although I don't really know how they could, or what they would do exactly.
I don't think they ever considered doing that. I think the episode was about trey parker's desire to leave the show and do his own thing.

Enkidu

akachan ningen said:
I don't think they ever considered doing that. I think the episode was about trey parker's desire to leave the show and do his own thing.
Has he actually said that he wants that though? I mean, that's what people said about the previous episode and Matt and Trey were very clear when they were on the Daily Show that they still love the show.

DarkKyo

I love how the shit-spraying duck was first in a movie trailer but then somehow became what Stan saw as Obama temporarily. Good stuff. They said the duck spraying shit from the episode last spring was one of the funniest things to them in the show in recent years so it's understandable that they'd bring him back for this episode.

Can anyone NOT relate to what Stan was going through? I mean, seriously. There is a lot of shit out there minus a few selected. The music is shit. The movies are shit. TV shows are shit.

isny

napkin dispenser
Dechaios said:
I love how the shit-spraying duck was first in a movie trailer but then somehow became what Stan saw as Obama temporarily. Good stuff. They said the duck spraying shit from the episode last spring was one of the funniest things to them in the show in recent years so it's understandable that they'd bring him back for this episode.

I laughed more at when they actually replaced him with Obama, as if to infer they actually had a duck who sprays shit as President for awhile, lol

DarkKyo

isny said:
I laughed more at when they actually replaced him with Obama, as if to infer they actually had a duck who sprays shit as President for awhile, lol
Hahah, thats kinda what I meant really. I laughed most at that part as well.

DarkKyo

Clydefrog said:
I didn't really like it.
I think I liked it more than the episode before it(laughed more, better story) but I much preferred the emotional impact of the episode before it compared to the messages in this one. I just don't like the idea that everything is back to normal after a single episode. I wanted them to carry out this storyline for awhile, maybe concluding it at the end of the season.

Although I did laugh a lot when Randy shows up, abruptly saying "we worked it out, we're back together!"

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Dechaios said:
Although I did laugh a lot when Randy shows up, abruptly saying "we worked it out, we're back together!"

I like it, but I saw the ending coming. As soon as Stan launched into his happy-go-lucky tirade about new things I figured Randy and Sharon would walk up.

That being said, having watched the second episode without knowing a damn thing about the first one made the whole thing kind of trippy, especially at the beginning.

Xeke said:
I think you need to stop reading into it too much.

That's hardly reading into it too much, that's really obviously the intended parallel. They may not have been serious, i.e. not seriously considering quitting the show, but that's clearly the metaphor.

Really clearly. I mean, it's the underlying joke for both episodes.

bathala

Banned
left turn new direction. :D

and then parents got together.

I kinda got that Matt and Trey were Stan and CC represents his parents. They want new direction, but CC wouldn't allow it. (or I'm just reading too much)

DarkKyo

No matter the episode some select people are gonna shit all over it. Lots of polarizing episodes in recent years...

I have a lot of problems with recent seasons but this episode I thought was great.

It wasn't awful, but for me, was just kind of bland. Their first episodes of seasons or after breaks though are usually hit or miss until they get rolling.

Plissken

Missed the episode when it aired, caught it on their website just now. Quite enjoyed both parts, and I really don't see how you could interpret them any other way than "We've gotten older and our desire to make South Park has faded." Whether or not they are being serious is another matter, I hope they are semi-joking around and still have a passion for making the show, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they decide to end it when their contract runs out in 2013.

DarkKyo

Plissken said:
Missed the episode when it aired, caught it on their website just now. Quite enjoyed both parts, and I really don't see how you could interpret them any other way than "We've gotten older and our desire to make South Park has faded." Whether or not they are being serious is another matter, I hope they are semi-joking around and still have a passion for making the show, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they decide to end it when their contract runs out in 2013.
On pretty much every talk show they've been on since the "You're Getting Old" episode, they keep repeating that they "love South Park" and it will always be their "baby". I've also heard them say they wanna keep doing it possibly longer than 2013 though you'd get a different answer from them when they are in the middle of a run.
Teetris said:
That segment was so fake it wasn't even funny.
Uhhh, proof? I don't know how you could think this.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
schennmu said:
After the worst 1st half in SP history, this was a decent to good start!

First half had the crack baby episode, and Royal Pudding, which is one of the best random eps they've done in years.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Dechaios said:
On pretty much every talk show they've been on since the "You're Getting Old" episode, they keep repeating that they "love South Park" and it will always be their "baby". I've also heard them say they wanna keep doing it possibly longer than 2013 though you'd get a different answer from them when they are in the middle of a run.

Uhhh, proof? I don't know how you could think this.

Yeah, they absolutely love South Park. I worked for the over the past year and a half and can absolute testify to it. It's a grind, but they love the show and their jobs.

Derrick01

Banned
This documentary or whatever was pretty great. They were focusing on the human centipad episode which I only thought was an ok one, so seeing how much shit they had to go through to get that done in a week only for me to go "meh it was ok" made me feel a little shitty.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Derrick01 said:
This documentary or whatever was pretty great. They were focusing on the human centipad episode which I only thought was an ok one, so seeing how much shit they had to go through to get that done in a week only for me to go "meh it was ok" made me feel a little shitty.

Also wish they had picked a better episode. I think the Royal Pudding episode would have been a more interesting one, mostly because they were spoofing a recent event.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That was an insane documentary. To think they got that done literally four hours before it was going to air. I don't think I could ever work in those kinds of conditions...I'd probably pull a Chappelle and fly to Africa or something.

Insane!

bathala said:
left turn new direction. :D

and then parents got together.

I kinda got that Matt and Trey were Stan and CC represents his parents. They want new direction, but CC wouldn't allow it. (or I'm just reading too much)
You're reading too much into it. It wasn't a straight allegory where each character directly corresponds to an entity in the real world, the message is just that it's tempting and exciting to "take a left turn" when you're stuck in a rut/ routine, but that once you get to a certain age, it's far, far easier to just keep retreading that path.

Basically it's like a mid-life crisis, you feel like you're just retreading the same ground, you feel board, you get a desire to go wild and crazy and creative and youthful, and then you get older and stick to what you know.

I missed the documentary thing but I'm super interested in watching. I've seen them talk about how intense their schedule is in interviews. I caught bits and pieces and was also disappointed that they were talking about the Centipad episode (though honestly there's really not too many recent episodes I would have been too excited about), but I always think "behind the scenes" things like that are really interesting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Last of the Meheecans

southpark-1509-the-last-of-the-meheecans-press-release-s15e09.jpg

What begins as an innocent game between the boys turns serious when Cartman joins the U.S. Border Patrol. Not surprisingly, Cartman turns out to be really good at stopping Mexicans.

CLIP

dr3upmushroom said:
I missed the documentary thing but I'm super interested in watching. I've seen them talk about how intense their schedule is in interviews. I caught bits and pieces and was also disappointed that they were talking about the Centipad episode (though honestly there's really not too many recent episodes I would have been too excited about), but I always think "behind the scenes" things like that are really interesting.

It is a really interesting film. I won't go into the nitty-gritty of it for you, but yea they work on the episode even the day the show airs and get it to CC in NY hours before it goes on. One of the most interesting parts of it was that they work with Standards and Practices as the episode is built. Whereas most companies would send the completed product to S&P they do it piece by piece. Also, never knew Bill Hader from SNL was a writer on the show. It probably explains why I love his comedic talents so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom