• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

It would not shock me if they go for Spartacus escapes to Gaul with Leata while Gannicus stays behind assuming the role of Spartacus so everybody else can escape to live in peace. (although everybody know what Spartacus looks like so who knows)

xenist

History Spoilers:
Could go either way, it was claimed that he was killed but his body was apparently never found.

In either case
the slave revolt was put down and Spartacus was never heard of again. So, for all intents and purposes he died.

RS4-

I'm not a fan of how they handled both Agron and Crixus falling. I guess I just expected something more that doesn't involve Tiberius getting hits in from behind (lol).

I'm not a fan of how they handled both Agron and Crixus falling. I guess I just expected something more that doesn't involve Tiberius getting hits in from behind (lol).

That's a great set up for him to become a target of the rebels in the future. Plus, he's a weaselly little shit who would get those kinds of kills.

I was glad that Crixus actually bested Caesar, and easily. For any Roman to be able to take out a top tier gladiator 1 on 1, sans Crassus because of training (possibly, still doubtful), would have been laughable.

A few interviews from this week:

- TV Guide: Spartacus' Manu Bennett Discusses Crixus' Bloodlust, Remembers Andy Whitfield
- Huffington Post: Manu Bennett On Crixus' Journey In 'Separate Paths' And Fan Support (video)
- After Elton: Dan Feuerriegel Says "It's All About Love" With The Possible End Of Nagron

Also, TJ Scott directed Friday's episode. He's also working on a photography book of various actors and models in the bathtub. Proceeds go to breast cancer research, and most of the the Spartacus actors & actresses past and present have posed. The pictures are largely NSFW, so keep that in mind before you click over or post any of them in this thread. TJ Scott's "In the Tub" on Flickr. *NSFW*

M0QWzGU.jpg

rs6D5Bs.jpg

UjVQGaC.jpg

Zabka

I honestly wasn't even upset at all the bullshit that Tiberius pulled-off this last episode, except for one thing. It's probably because the writers went overboard making Tiberius do things to make the audience hate him, that it became comical and unbelievable. So, I couldn't even be mad at him. However, during the lead-up to the final head chop, I was telling myself, "He better not cut his head clean-off with one blow." And sure enough, he cuts Crixus' head clean-off. Remember Crixus, in Season 2, telling Naevia it's not easy to cleave a man's head from his shoulders in one blow? Naevia even had to take several swipes to behead Ashur. But somehow Tiberius is able to perform the feat like a fucking champ. That was truly the topper for Tiberius' unlikely feats for me.
Tiberius is a little shit but he's still a trained soldier, plus he did it with a two-handed baseball bat swing. When he beheads two guys at once like Spartacus then I could see it worth complaining about.

Epic episode...

so many feels were had :( Agron + Nasir, Spartacus and Crixus, Crixus and Navia! The list goes on!

Caeser getting plowed by Tiberius, oh my god. I want that little shit killed NOW. Caeser needs to regain his badass status. (which im sure we all know he will!)

Man I dont usually buy tv shows on dvd, but id consider getting this entire series on bluray one day.

falastini

I fully expected Crixus to dodge at the last second and take that little shit with him in a blaze of glory.

I can't believe they let him and Agron go out like that.

Also out of character for Naevia to allow herself to be taken alive again. (but who cares about her)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I fully expected Crixus to dodge at the last second and take that little shit with him in a blaze of glory.

I can't believe they let him and Agron go out like that.

Yeah, that little bastard stabbed three people in the backside this episode. I know that Sparty has to die, but I really hope he kills that punk first.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am guessing they will let Naevia live to deliver Crixus' head to Spartacus next episode.

I hope Tiberius dies in a very terrible fashion.

Sucks Crixus and Agron got cut down so easily. They fought through so much so it all seemed to happen very quick. The last 15 minutes seemed very rushed. Crixus did have an awesome speech though.

falastini

I hope Tiberius dies in a very terrible fashion.

I hope he dies in a very unmemorable fashion. They already inflated him more than they should have. He should hop off his horse next battle, all cocky, then die from the first attack... preferably a generic slave guy... nobody important.

just saw the episode, a few comments:
- the boy is on a rape spree. Spartacus ass is next. wqould be funny if someone raped tiberius to death
- sucks how crixsus and argon (fuck spelling) died. wish they went out swinging, taking multiple shots before falling
- how did crassus know their plan? missed it

MG310

My guess is that Tiberius will die in a similar manner to how Caesar will eventually. At least that way most of the people he wronged might get a piece.

demolitio

I think Caesar is going to set Tiberius up somehow, whether it be a trap to let the rebels kill him or something else. Maybe he sets him up and lets the slave finish him off for poetic justice, but I think it needs to be an awesome spectacle so I hope it's enjoyable compared to having to watch all of our favorite characters die nonstop.

Tiberius' death would break up all the rebels dying to give us some joy in the middle of having to watch the others die.

Magnus

Still so pissed this airs two days later in Canada, fuck.

Just saw it. Damn. Brutal. Pissed at how Agron got taken out, but maybe he'll live. Show didn't dwell long enough on his 'death'. I have hope.

What a beautiful shot at the end.

Saw the rape scene happening the moment the guards pushed Caesar's face to the table. Hilarious.

Big-E

I think it would have been better if Naevia just leaned forward and killed herself on the blade. That would have been a good fuck you.

Brutal episode, but I knew it was coming.

I don't think Agron is dead though. That would be a really weak way for him to go out. Agron living (and joining the Caesar spin-off) is endgame.

Tiberius that little cunt. He basically just took a piss on everyone.

Lol seriously wtf. Tiberius fucking owned like 3 fan favorites in one episode.

I didn't mind that crixus died in battle...but by that cunt? Fucking shame, may his blood spill on the ground as slowly and painfully possible

Beepos

vJPAQwe.jpg

Shall we begin?!

SHALL WE BEGIN

lBfM0KN.jpg

Went out like the Titan he was. RIP The Undefeated Gaul.

(Cept when he was just defeated then..)

altaz

Neo Member
I think it would have been better if Naevia just leaned forward and killed herself on the blade. That would have been a good fuck you.

During the entire scene i was expecting that this would be the end result. You know prefering to die by the blade instead of being taken again. But once again Naevia shows how little character she has.

Bulk_Rate

I predict that Crassus sends Crixus' head to Spartacus, who then somehow captures Tibby and JC and forces them to battle to the death. JC then returns to Crassus with Tibby's noggin.

royalan

I know GAF hates Neavia, but this just episode made me respect the actress. The scene where she's gazing at the mother with the newborn and Crixus' death scene was just heartbreaking moments and she really captured that. Superb acting.

royalan

In calling it now: Agron survives.

There were a LOT of allusions to it in the writing of the last episode. Breaking up with Nasir because "blood and metal" is all he's ever known. Spartacus' "I hope you find what it is you seek" comment out of thin air. The fact that
he didn't just outright die in the episode. I mean, Agron's a main character, but not important enough to do an entire episode devoted to his death. Unless there's something else afoot.

Not to mention Steven DeKnight has a fetish for parallels.

I sense that Agron's getting the "unlikely survival" edit.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I know GAF hates Neavia, but this just episode made me respect the actress. The scene where she's gazing at the mother with the newborn and Crixus' death scene was just heartbreaking moments and she really captured that. Superb acting.

Look, I will just say it... she is ugly. She is just kind of ugly and the other actor was hot.

And then her character arc was kind of shitty and unbelievable. And she really took over at the wrong time. Just too much working against her.

But mostly, she is just not very attractive. At least not compared to her predecessor.

royalan

Look, I will just say it... she is ugly. She is just kind of ugly and the other actor was hot.

And then her character arc was kind of shitty and unbelievable. And she really took over at the wrong time. Just too much working against her.

But mostly, she is just not very attractive. At least not compared to her predecessor.

Uhhh...ok. Lol

I was more referring to the actress' ability here. But thanks for the honesty about the hostile reaction to New Neavia. Lol

Also, I won't deny Neavia's had some annoying moments this season, but I also think she's one of the most developed characters on the show. Almost up there with Spartacus himself. Manu Bennett is a terrific actor, but Crixus himself was kinda flat as written (he jumps on the rabid vengeance train last season and then just sort of...stays on it), and I've always felt that he was more of a conduit for Neavia's character development...who goes through a LOT of shit to become the person she is now versus who she was at the lodus. Crixus is the catalyst for a lot of it, which is why I thought it was very smart that we see Crixus' death literally through her eyes, because his death was almost a bigger moment for HER than for him.

I dunno, I'd go into more detail of I weren't on my phone, but overall I honestly think Neavia is one of the shows best characters, despite a few missteps.

Tagg9

Neavia's character has been incredibly one-sided and unlikeable since the actress was changed. She's always pissed off and/or bloodthirsty for no apparent reason.

I don't think that the new actress is particularly bad, it's just that she hasn't had an opportunity to show a different side.

Amir0x

Banned
Neavia's character has been incredibly one-sided and unlikeable since the actress was changed. She's always pissed off and/or bloodthirsty for no apparent reason.

I don't think that the new actress is particularly bad, it's just that she hasn't had an opportunity to show a different side.

i thought she was raped by like half a dozen Romans every day and then forced to work in brutal mines until she went nearly crazy

i mean i dunno 'cause I gave up on this show after the original Spartacus actor died, but if what I read is true seems she has plenty of reason to be pissed off all the time :p

Loomba

I was indifferent to her really but after the episode where she killed the Roman blacksmith for no reason, even though he helped take over the city and crafted them all weapons I wanted her gone.

royalan

I think there's plenty of motivation for it.

Never mind the servitude and dear friends who have died throughout all of this, I imagine that if I was sent to a mine where I spent months being beat and savagely and repeatedly raped I'd come out of it a bloodthirsty wreck too. Reclaiming her self and her power was kind of the whole point of her killing Ashur last season. Only now she wants to end the very establishment that allowed that to happen to her and so many others.

Seriously GAF, start paying attention to the ladies other than nude scenes. The characterization is right there.

Stridone

Banned
Man this show is still fucking awesome and Liam McIntyre is a worthy replacement. I'm going to miss it.

Also, nearly all the women on this show are just stunningly beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom