• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Are they waiting for the series to finish before they decided to go ahead with the spin-off?

Did they announce anything about this yet?...since they introduced Cesar this year I always thought it would be awesome if they would spin off with him...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The preview makes it look like the next episode will be the best yet. So goddam epic,
throwback to the arena, I'm psyched!

Joni

Question: Got any scoop on Friday’s penultimate Spartacus: War of the Damned? —Stacy
Ausiello:
A major character switches sides, and someone we thought was dead turns up very much alive.

Mxrz

Question: Got any scoop on Friday’s penultimate Spartacus: War of the Damned? —Stacy
Ausiello:
A major character switches sides, and someone we thought was dead turns up very much alive.

Probably
Agron? We've seen just about everyone else die on screen. Except Illithyia, but that'd just be weird.

New episode tonight:
The Dead and the Dying

Crassus learns that a fellow prominent Roman is attempting to steal the glory of defeating Spartacus. Spartacus aims to secure a bargaining chip he can use against the Romans.

Beepos

Only one more to go now :(

Despite the insane kills we have seen, two swords through the back of the head out the eyes from Sparty, I still said holy..

Man what an incredible journey over the last few years, I never thought this would end up being one of my fav series ever!'

Of course I can't wait to see what blu ray goodness I can buy to relive it with the extras, when the dust has settled.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Great episode, but I was really hoping we'd see some sort of forced gladiatorial face-off between Caesar and Tiberius. Too bad :(.

Another great episode. I've definitely enjoyed this more than the last season, and if this pace keeps up I might put it alongside the first and prologue seasons. Amazing stuff.

Although I must say, I wanted a far harsher death for
Tiberius

Rur0ni

Great episode. Sounds like Kore isn't going back to the welcome she thought she was.
She slipped up by leaving in the first place. Guy was clearly in love with her. Naturally I assume he feels he was too soft with her.

I'm still annoyed the mousy girl is all over HBK.

Zzoram

Another great episode. I've definitely enjoyed this more than the last season, and if this pace keeps up I might put it alongside the first and prologue seasons. Amazing stuff.

Although I must say, I wanted a far harsher death for
Tiberius

I was hoping that Naevia would eunich him and that his father would disown him, explaining why he isn't mentioned in history.

What an amazing fucking episode, probably my favorite yet of the season. Had a smile plastered on my face during the entire gladiator sequence. What an awesome throwback and sense of poetic justice. No other show pumps me up like this one and delivers such raw emotion. So masterfully done, can't believe there's only 1 episode left. Oh, how I will fucking miss it.

By the way, the preview of this episode was so misleading- made it seem like Caesar brought Tiberius to the rebels and asked them to take his life in exchange for the return of their men.

Also, I don't see why Kore wouldn't tell Crassus now the reason for her departure. It would only serve to make him at least slightly sympathetic and understanding why she left. Also, that Tiberius butchered the witness (the whore) that saw him do it. Crassus should know that his son was a monster, and that he made him one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Agron is still alive! Whoo! I thought he died unceremoniously in the last episode; thank goodness that wasn't the case. -1 death at the hands of that weasel Tiberius. Agron's crucifixion was one of the most emotional scenes the show has done; also one of the toughest to watch. :(

Extremely disappointed by Tiberious's end.

I was expecting him to get the most horrific gore-filled death the series has seen because of how awful he was.

Fantastic episode. Great throwback to the early days of the arena, Agron lives, Crixus is honored and Tiberius gets an embarrassing death. Spartacus had some pretty good moves to show off during the gladiator scene, and just when I thought the show wouldn't get any more ridiculous with its finishers, he stabs both eyes out of that guy. Man...

Gibbo

Liam McIntyre is Spartacus.

Definitely his finest performance of the series. Thought he was terrible when he joined in Season 3- but he has definitely improved alot this season

DieH@rd

Banned
I still cannot forgive them for killing Ashur Fucking Victor. He would be perfect as a minion of Crassus or Caesar, always scheming and betraying everyone left and right.

RevDM

Banned
This show is just too damn successful to just end. What are some potential spin offs? I'm thinking of something like "Gladiator". Where it's a show about someone who was trained by anamaus or Spartacus who was captured and teaches there ways

Beepos

So now it will be finally upon on next week any ideas on how they will end it?

I'm going to take a random stab and say Gannicus eludes to be Spartacus letting him and the core slaves free as he makes a stand. Of course Crassus and Ceasar have seen Sparty but if its done in a way that they don't see Gannicus slaughter tons of Romans and then die without being able to be recognized (fire, mutilation ect) it could work. His entire arc has gone from being someone looking for more and his final act in believing in the cause could carry a lot of momentum in this deed and shaping his life to a (final) purposeful meaning.

Of course I'd rather be wrong and see HBK survive and kill shit, even in a spinoff with Ceasar!

I love and always will love Andy as Spartacus. But Liam has nailed the role and while I'll never say he is/world be better, we will unfortunately have to accept the cruel fate and never know. Despite this, he rolled with what he had (an impressive task with the Andy love) and made me believe he is the real deal growing in leaps and bounds as an actor. Going fisticuffs was just badass on those Romans.

xenist

Damn. I was kind of looking forward to what Caesar had planned for that little twerp. You can't win them all, I guess.

Beepos

So guys now that is approaching the end... Vikings (not keen on History channel censors) or Arrow (with Manu getting 2nd season love). I need more, with Breaking Bad ending this yr too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom