• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starz starting to roll out promotional material for the finale:

iKtJHtGdKkVgj.png

Idde

I want a Lugo spinoff. He owns.

Swinging that warhammer around like it's nothing. I agree.

So glad this season turned out as awesome as it did. Three great seasons and one mediocre one isn't so bad. Such a shame it's coming to an end though :( I'm going to miss Gannicus :( And naked Leata. And naked Sybill. The amount of nudity in a proper quality show like this is sort of unprecedented, isn't it?

tokkun

I think Crassus will kill Spartacus. He did kill that gladiator in episode 1.

They will not have Spartacus lose in a fair fight, just as they didn't for Crixus.

Spartacus will win and be about to kill Crassus, then Caesar will stab Spartacus in the back and Crassus will get angry at him.

They will not have Spartacus lose in a fair fight, just as they didn't for Crixus.

Spartacus will win and be about to kill Crassus, then Caesar will stab Spartacus in the back and Crassus will get angry at him.

Straight into the arms of Pompeii thus setting up a show focusing on Caesar's earlier years.

985boi

Fuck, if you see the War of the Damned soundtrack. Do not click on it if you don't want to be spoiled, fucking huge spoiler!

Joni

Straight into the arms of Pompeii thus setting up a show focusing on Caesar's earlier years.
I wonder if they can make it interesting enough. Spartacus is awesome because it combines plot with absurd fighting. Maybe the show would benefit more if it just skipped to the Gallic Wars.

Moaradin

I'm kinda disappointed by Crassus, they hyped in so much but i don't think he was used so well in the second half. :\ Hopefully the finale redeems him.

Yea, he was badass in episode one but lately he's been taking a backseat for Caesar and Tiberius. Hopefully he brings it in the finale.

soul

Same here im keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of happy ending, either way I've enjoyed the show from start to finish and am looking forward to massive Spartacus session when the complete bluray box set comes out.

Hell to the yes, I haven't seen the first two seasons for way too long. It's time to sit with a couple of beers and enjoy this series to the fullest!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Same here im keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of happy ending, either way I've enjoyed the show from start to finish and am looking forward to massive Spartacus session when the complete bluray box set comes out.

They won't have a complete downer. As a few mentioned, they never did find Spartacus' body and they have hinted dozens of times in the show, "He deserves this happiness since all has been taken away from him, yet he tries to save so many!"

I think that is the most obvious direction the show is heading in.

And I'm sorry to say this
There is no way in hell Gannicus, Saxa, Lugo, and others are living if that happens, plus what Gannicus said last episode

I just watched my first, random episode of this show last night. Holy shit, it's insane. It's like something my insane inner 14-year old would of thought up. And I'm ok with that!

Is it work watching from the beginning? It definitely has my interest piqued as a guilty pleasure.

Is it work watching from the beginning? It definitely has my interest piqued as a guilty pleasure.
The beginning is very, very rough. It took them a while to find their feet, and everyone makes fun of the first few episodes. Nonetheless, it's worth watching as it develops a bunch of relationships that become important later. I'd recommend watching it from the beginning, but just keep in mind that it takes until the middle of S1 to really get going.

Don't listen to this man, there's a lot more to this series.

There's also tits and lots of screaming.
And all the possible combinations, too: dudes getting stabbed while screaming, full frontal nudity and screaming, full frontal nudity while dudes are getting stabbed, etc...

Can't wait for the finale, this has been such a great season. I loved that we got one last arena scene, I've missed that aspect of the show.

And all the possible combinations, too: dudes getting stabbed while screaming, full frontal nudity and screaming, full frontal nudity while dudes are getting stabbed, etc...

All great reasons to stay home on a Friday night, crack open a beer, and take it all in.

On that note, who is everyone's pick for the hottest woman of Spatacus?

My pick:

marisa-ramirez.jpg

Ha ha cool, I think I'll invest some time. Seriously, it does seem like a 'guilty pleasure' show. I'm more into shows like, derr 'Rome' and 'The Wire,' but this looks awesome.

It's like the perfect antithesis of My Little Pony :)

edit: Also, tits.

Sybil has grown on me considerably since straitening her hair and not acting a shy, delicate flower.

ScLWSVw.jpg

Laeta is also pretty great...

jW3RU3D.jpg

And who could forget the gorgeous Illythia...

zA2zma5.jpg

The show has been full of stunning women.

Manu

Sybil has grown on me considerably since straitening her hair and not acting a shy, delicate flower.

ScLWSVw.jpg

I didn't actually expect her boobs to be so nice. They were a nice surprise.

Man, Gannicus can't catch a break, he gets unwanted sex all the time. Poor guy.

Sulla1980

Just as finale speculation (and I'll spoiler tag it b/c its based on a historical text):

I expect the show to follow the account of Appian, who claims that the body of Spartacus was not found. I don't think that Spartacus will be shown dead in the show. I have thought that Gannicus would make an escape, but the way that he was talking in the last episode, I don't know

Mxrz

All great reasons to stay home on a Friday night, crack open a beer, and take it all in.

On that note, who is everyone's pick for the hottest woman of Spatacus?

Tough choice.

Saxa overall. Too much hotness.

Sura and Illythia are up there.

Laeta's crazy merkin was a bit of a turnoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom