• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Final Fantasy Press Event at E3, runs at the same time as Nintendo's event

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Versus renamed XV
XVI
Dissidia 3
Ito directed FFIX-2
FFVII PS4 Remake
FFV 3DS Remake
FFVI 3DS Remake

Tyrion-Lannister-peter-dinklage-28016431-292-256.gif

cafemomo

I don't even know how to feel about this.

FFX/X-2HD and LR are day ones for me. But at the same time I'm excited for what Nintendo has to offer.

But then again, Squeenix could be pulling off some iOS bullshit.

StuBurns

Banned
Wait, so Versus isn't coming to Wii U after all?
I can exclusively reveal Wii U is getting Final Fantasy Versus Crystal!

It is actually also a 3DS eShop title, it will be the first PS4/Wii U crossplay title! You're tasked with the grandest of missions, to sweep the floor in Noctis' crystal room while PS4 players take on the traditional boring hero forty hour RPG crap!

$79 and it launches day and date with the PS4 game.

Please be excited.

Squire

Banned
It's not a 'secret', they'll probably be doing demos for the press, which will then be reported on straight afterwards. They've probably not got a demo for the show floor for the public and having a livestream for a demo is a bit pointless.

Sony Conf: Reveal

Private meeting: Demo

TGS: Public demo. Maybe.

I'm assuming it comes out next year.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
In other words, wait till Sony conference for the rebranding of Versus XIII as Final Fantasy XV.

Will this event be streamed?

This is kinda like the closed mega theatre thing methinks.

So yeah, this won't bother the Nintendo Direct thing unless you're at E3.

HeelPower

It's not a 'secret', they'll probably be doing demos for the press, which will then be reported on straight afterwards. They've probably not got a demo for the show floor for the public and having a livestream for a demo is a bit pointless.

I don't know man...Would you really be ok just reading about the game without actually seeing it ? What makes that so different from back when wada tweeted about how "the presentation of the city would know you off your feet"

If its something new we haven't seen before it would be fine...Just not versus please SE

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
doesnt sound good for nintendo in terms of SE contents..is the dont want you to go comment a joke or a serious will from SE?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why people would debating about picking nintendo or square-enix. I thought Square-Enix is planning to host Final Fantasy event during Nintendo's Press Event, NOT Nintendo Direct. Am I right?

zeopower6

But then again, Squeenix could be pulling off some iOS bullshit.

Honestly, if they did that... some members of the press could get hostile, lol.

Why people would debating about picking nintendo or square-enix. I thought Square-Enix is planning to host Final Fantasy event during Nintendo's Press Event, NOT Nintendo Direct. Am I right?

You're right, but the Final Fantasy event has overlap with the Nintendo one. (it will be ending just as the Nintendo one starts or something)

I don't think this was planned to try to take away press from the Nintendo event at all... there are a lot of things like this during E3 and sometimes scheduling can get wonky.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So, will the press have to choose between S-E and Nintendo, or can most of them send different people?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You're right, but the Final Fantasy event has overlap with the Nintendo one. (it will be ending just as the Nintendo one starts or something)

Well, I'm talking about people in this thread since they don't have any press invitions to the events. However it shouldn't be problem for huge websites like IGN, etc since they can send few people to few different events at same time. I know it would suck if you missed out something.

zeopower6

So, will the press have to choose between S-E and Nintendo, or can most of them send different people?

Seems like they can send different people if they can... otherwise, they'll have to run from the Final Fantasy event to the Nintendo one.

Well, I'm talking about people in this thread since they don't have any press invitions to the events. However it shouldn't be problem for huge websites like IGN, etc since they can send few people to few different events at same time. I know it would suck if you missed out something.

They think it's a streamed event... this is a side-effect of Nintendo Directs. :|

Then who cares if it runs the same time as the Nintendo one. Isn't that one streamed? So just watch the Nintendo one, and after I'm sure the news from the Final Fantasy stream will be out.
All of this only affects the press. The time overlap is not with Nintendo direct. It's overlapping Nintendo's live hands-on press event.

Umm, what? Poor planning on Square-Enix's part. No matter how one might feel about Nintendo, the press knows good and well that their showing, good or bad, will generate far more website hits than news about the latest Lightning Versus XIII whatever game. I'm not trying to downplay the popularity of Final Fantasy in anyway, but a lot of eyes are on Nintendo right now because this is really their last chance to drum up any kind of excitement for the Wii U. If they succeed, it's interesting news. If they fail, it's interesting news. Either way, it's a better option to cover Nintendo during this time slot.

Well, since both Nintendo's press event and Square's press event aren't being streamed, it should be easy for gaming news outlets to send some of their staff to one event and some of their staff to the other event. Right?

Top Bottom