• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Nextgen to be 30TFLOPs+?

sneas78

Banned
No it isn't? PS4 is 1.84TF so 10X would mean 18.4TF.

I think it much more reasonable and realistic to expect 11-12TF tops for PS5 in a sooner rather later launch i.e. 2019/20. PS4 Pro was 3 years after PS4 and was a 2.3X boost even with a full node shrink. 3X that for PS5 with a proper new GPU architecture, new CPU and say 16GB of really fast RAM (GDDR6?) after another 3 years (2019) seems perfect to me.

Launch at the aggressive $399 price point and see it fly off the shelves.
Yeah you are correct .. I keep mixing it up with 1.2TF.. I guess that would be Xbox one.

THE:MILKMAN

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59428/amds-next-gen-navi-gpu-launching-august-2018/index.html
Rather interesting if not very specific with the month it will be released, other sites are running with this news also.

I highly doubt it given Vega just paper launched and there is only 10 months until Aug '18. That's before the small problem of 7nm which just isn't anywhere near ready at least for non-mobile chips.

If AMD wish to prove me wrong, they can go right ahead!

dr_rus

I highly doubt it given Vega just paper launched and there is only 10 months until Aug '18. That's before the small problem of 7nm which just isn't anywhere near ready at least for non-mobile chips.

If AMD wish to prove me wrong, they can go right ahead!
It can easily be same type of "launch" AMD had for Vega starting on Dec'16.

Top Bottom