• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Dylan O’Brien & Logan Lerman Being Eyed for MCU Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami+

I could see O'Brien I guess, but god please not Lerman. He looks awful.

Ideal Spidey is still older Spidey played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, kind of bummed they went with high school age. :V

Making Parker black means they will be far less likely to introduce Miles Morales down the road sadly. And that would be a bad thing. I want to see Miles Morales eventually because he is a fantastic character, NOT because he is black. And to do the Miles Morales story you need Parker first.

It seems a lot who want Miles Morales haven't read the comics and just want an excuse for Donald Glover or whomever be Spidey. He isn't just a black Peter Parker, he is his own unique character which does not work if Parker isnt Spider-Man first.

THIS, glad to see someone feel the same way I do.

And no for my unpopular opinion, I really liked Andrew Garfield as Spidey. He played the part well despite the movies not having the best direction.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Everything about the idea is bad. And if the only reason that people want Miles is because he's black, then I think my suggestion of using better black characters with more interesting histories is a pretty good one.

Yeah, the problem is, that you cant use Miles Morales then.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I dont think that a character, that whole character history only revolves about what Peter Parker would have done in the situation is quiete interesting.
Maybe the problem is Bendis. Maybe someone other would do something interesting with Miles, but I consider this as plain boring.

I dont think that a character, that whole character history only revolves about what Peter Parker would have done in the situation is quiete interesting.
Maybe the problem is Bendis. Maybe someone other would do something interesting with Miles, but I consider this plain boring.
I don't think his whole character revolves around it, but it's a pretty essential baton pass you have to make to even make his character make sense. He's a legacy character, there is supposed to be some sense of being young and inexperienced and having to live up to the mantle you were given.

Then again I haven't read the book in a while, so Bendis might still have that be his only reason for being Spider-Man. But that's kind of my point, Miles isn't really established enough on his own to make a movie out of yet.

Vidiot

I don't think they would have went through all this trouble to get the Spiderman character if they weren't going to use Parker.

maruchan

So this dylan guy was in maze runner. right.. seems like the perfect person an actor about to blow up, with maze runner under his belt, and now spiderman ..

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I love Spider-man and the fact that he's back at Marvel, but I swear to god that if his new movie is an origin story, I'm shooting Uncle Ben myself

If you want a great black super hero, we're getting Black Panther in 2018. He'll also be in Civil War next year. There have been black versions of Spider-Man, Captain America, and many other super heroes, and maybe we'll get those versions after the original versions have had their run. But let's enjoy the long-established versions first, please.

spidey_zpshtdzji6s.jpg
Here it comes. Another hipster pretty boy.

I loled at this more than I should have.

XAL

Honestly, they don't even have to remove Garfield.

All they need to do is a soft reboot/retcon going over the origin story and early years of Spider-Man during an intro sequence/flashback like how Snyder did in Watchmen's opening minutes.

In this: give the "great power great responsibility" credit back to Uncle Ben, show a dossier file of Peter's Parents as assassinated Shield Agents killed by Hydra/Winter Soldier, show him saving randoms and helping clear the rubble after the alien invasion to play it off like he was there the whole time - just a small player, show death of Gwen with a Goblin recast, and then show Parker graduating college and being poor - applying for a job at Stark Industries.

Boom, now he's ready to enter the MCU seamlessly.

Honestly, with or without Parker I expect the main tension in Civil War to be between Steve and Tony on the issue of Bucky killing Tony's parents. Now that Parker is in it, if they tie him to Stark through the murder of their parents - it will give him a nice justification to side with Tony in the beginning - only to grow more disenchanted with his methods as time goes on.

Secret identities aren't a big thing in the MCU, so it's not going to be a huge big point to unmask heroes since there aren't any in the MCU currently that have secret identities (unless they fold in Agents of Shield's Inhumans and Netflix's Daredevil, but even then it's not going to be enough to be considered a big deal).

Also, talk of casually changing Peter's race just for the sake of diversity is fucking absurd. For characters that aren't super well established or suffer from boring/terrible stories, it's fine. But just not that.

And besides, I'd rather see a standalone high school Miles Morales film in the future with Spider-Man as the older mentor - rather than seeing another high school Peter Parker film.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Honestly, they don't even have to remove Garfield.

All they need to do is a soft reboot/retcon going over the origin story and early years of Spider-Man during an intro sequence/flashback like how Snyder did in Watchmen's opening minutes.

In this: give the "great power great responsibility" credit back to Uncle Ben, show a dossier file of Peter's Parents as assassinated Shield Agents killed by Hydra/Winter Soldier, show him saving randoms and helping clear the rubble after the alien invasion to play it off like he was there the whole time - just a small player, show death of Gwen with a Goblin recast, and then show Parker graduating college and being poor - applying for a job at Stark Industries.

Boom, now he's ready to enter the MCU seamlessly.

id rather see a black asian peter parker than this idea, woof

no one wants the ASM movies to be retroactively added to the MCU and no one wants his parents deaths to mean anything

Sandfox

Peter > Miles IMO and high school was never a big part of his story so I wouldn't make too much out of it. 30 year old Spider-Man would probably be older than the Spider-Man we have in the comics and I don't think I would enjoy watching an older Spidey.

This is the oddest complaint I've heard yet. Whats wrong with the hair color? Should they make him look less like the comic character?

We need a Ben Reilly movie.

Majanew

Banned
O'Brien could make a good Parker. I'm happy it sounds like they're not going with Morales. Parker is the one with the history with The Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom