• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

I love when the internet loses it's mind over what sounds like the above average version of just another marvel film.

image.php

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You liking something less or not at all doesn't make other's impressions wrong.

I'd say that an issue with the reader, because reviewers certainly don't apply that mindset when they rate something a 6, 7, 8, etc

i PMd you RE: my title - can you please update ? thank you!

(not sure how this is usualy updated, this is my first review thread)

Surprised this is scoring so well after reading the spoilers, expecting to enjoy this whilst still having some pet peeves that wouldn't effect the average reviewer.

Meowster

I liked the look of the trailers and Spidey has always been my favorite of the big Superheros. Can't wait to go and see with my dad.

Fuck yes. Spidey is up there with Batman as my two favorite super heroes, so I'm fucking ready for this.

There is a part of me that is sad imagining what Marvel would do with the X-Men now, though, seeing them get control of Spider-Man and knocking it out of the park (seemingly).

I will forever hate Fox for what they've done to the X-Men and the Fantastic 4. Just disgusting.

I literally can't describe how happy seeing how great this film is (or is reviewing)
My favourite superhero, in a fantastic film, in the rest of the fantastic MCU. I'm ecstatic.

Prompto

Banned
There've been a bunch of great X-Men flicks though. X2, Dofp, Logan are all on equal footing to some of the best MCU films, in my opinion.
They're uneven but when they make a good movie it's damn good. Logan is amazing. DofP, X2, and Deadpool are great as well. I have zero hope for X-Men: Dark Phoenix though. Like I'm expecting even Justice League to be better.

They're uneven but when they make a good movie it's damn good. Logan is amazing. I have zero hope for X-Men: Dark Phoenix though. Like I'm expecting even Justice League to be better.

Oh yeah. At least right now, the mainline X-Men films have become the least interesting films in that universe, haha. New Mutants sounds like it could be dope though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was so worried over this movie.
I am so glad that I will get the first good Spider-Man movie in 13 years. Fucking Ant-Guy, Arrow-Dude and the Invincible Bucket Can-Man had tons of amazing movies in this time for fucks sake :D

Look out! Here comes the motherfucking Spider-Man!

13 years since the last movie and only Spectacular in between. All that fan fiction in between doesn't count.

Spinning newspaper he's back.gif

Redd

I'm hyped. Seeing this next Friday. Glad Marvel got to produce this one because the last 2 ASM movies were average and garbage.

Elandyll

Banned
I will forever hate Fox for what they've done to the X-Men and the Fantastic 4. Just disgusting.
I've made my peace with Xmen, there's no way Fox ever let that go.

But FF brings nothing to them, and it would (potentially) be great for fans to have the FF universe and its vilains in the MCU.

They're doing this just to limit Marvel's (and Disney's) portfolio at this point, and hamstring their potential (particularly in terms of vilains).

Christian

The villain stuff is what is intriguing me. Mahvel might have finally figured out that they need better villains going forward.

Or maybe they used the first movies in each series to develop the main characters, and now that they're well entrenched, they can spend more time on villains and universe building??

MechDX

Sony smmiling waiting in the wings to take Spiderman back

Why? Its a win/win for Marvel and Sony. Sony gave up the Spiderman merchandising rights to Marvel years ago so they only make money on the movies. Better the movies the more money they make.

Better movies give Marvel a leg up on keeping Spiderman merchandise front and center

I think Sony will extend the deal

Eidan

When was the last time any of those reviewers were right? they always spout this hyperbolic shit.

Logan for example, that movie was okay at best.

Not saying the movie will suck but y'all should probably lower your expectations. I for one got burned too many times and learned my lesson.

Logan was amazing. What the hell are some of you on?

Why? Its a win/win for Marvel and Sony. Sony gave up the Spiderman merchandising rights to Marvel years ago so they only make money on the movies. Better the movies the more money they make.

Better movies give Marvel a leg up on keeping Spiderman merchandise front and center

I think Sony will extend the deal

Oh, Sony will extend that deal alright.

When Venom is a success.

Top Bottom