• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible appearances my ass.

Hopefully at least the new Witcher 3 footage will deliver. There will be new Witcher 3 footage, right?

Gazkapop

I was quite looking forward to this until I read about how much it's seemingly been scaled back.

Not that I enjoy the cringe inducing celebrity cameos that take place when it's actually on TV, but everything that is being said so far doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence that we'll see anything special.

It sure would be nice if we could have a thread where people didn't just transcribe what was said a dozen times each sentence.

Lakitu

st5fu
I may skip this. Usually it was worth sticking through the rubbish in previous award shows to see a really cool reveal, now I have to do it to see something yawn-inducing? Think I'll pass. Only games I want to see are Destiny and The Witcher, anyway.

ec0ec0

Shinobi, its amazing how good you are!!! I was thinking "so... where can i what vgx?? can i watch it on twith??" and before theres need to ask, this thread appears :p

Derrick01

Banned
I have a feeling this show is going to make us wish the normal VGAs come back if those leaked announcements are anything to go by.

Command center ready. Let's do this!

:eek:

How do I watch through PSN?

I have a feeling this show is going to make us wish the normal VGAs come back if those leaked announcements are anything to go by.

I'd gladly take doritos and dew everywhere and other product placements/ads if it meant our reveals were actual reveals and not shitty indie games. We're probably in the minority here, though.

rAXDrwq.png

Can't wait

RoKKeR

Just to point this out. This...

Another awesome world premiere - We've got some of this year's biggest trailers - only at VGX.

This is probably the game that doesn't get picked for Hour #2, so Division or Witcher 3.

Vibranium

Banned
Seriously though, I'm fairly excited to see new footage. I've lowered my expectations to see new AAA games, so learning more about the upcoming ones will be good enough.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not gonna watch, but I'm looking forward to the new media + reveals.

KissVibes

Banned
Since discussion has been moved this this thread,

Get off your high horse. People like different games and get excited by different games, and preferring to spend 3 hours waiting to see the trailers for 10 dollar downloadable titles doesn't make your pseudo-intellectualism any less pseudo.

high horse? pseudo-intellectualism? You're really special, ya know?

Spike and Geoff both talked about an awards show that actually celebrated games, and the people that make them. We have one possible announcement that isn't two hot, and two games from independent developers, one of which put out the VGA GOTY for 2012. That's incredible. That should be exciting to the majority of people.

But nah, by large anyone seems to care about now is the Mass Effects and Elder Scrolls. Games that are coming and are big enough to have their own media events to show off. Nobody actually wanted the show to be the meaningful awards show that celebrate the merits games and the people that help create them on a national stage like the Oscars, they want it to be end of the year E3. Megatons and thirty second CGI trailers. How exciting and original.

So you duders will get that, next year, when they don't break for popular YouTube gamer guy to do his offensively pandering thing but instead for JEFF HARDY OF IMPACT WRESTLING to deliver the Doritos award and remind everyone to watch IMPACT WRESTLING - THURSDAYS ON SPIKE TV.

noobasuar

Banned
Is this going to be on the Spike Channel? All I see is a marathon of cops on my guide....This starts in a half hour right??

The schedule they uploaded makes me think they are really overshooting by going to 3 hours.

I bet one of the talking points after the show will be they should have made it a hour and a half or 2 hours instead.

Anyone know if GtTV or anywhere else will have a rebroadcast? I'm going to miss it due to work. I am guessing spike will replay afterwards maybe...but it will probably just be more COPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom