• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
JEFF HARDY OF IMPACT WRESTLING to deliver the Doritos award and remind everyone to watch IMPACT WRESTLING - THURSDAYS ON SPIKE TV.

6k8.gif

The_Monk

Thanks for making the thread fellow GAFfer.

Alright good people, guess I'm going to see this Live while getting some low or high hype levels going on in this fine Community. Getting a bit of coffee ready soon and let's see what will come out of this.

While it's not a E3 or any major reveals it's nice to be here so we can politely discuss what will come next year for our consoles & PC so here I am, reporting in for the OT!

Derrick01

Banned
Since discussion has been moved this this thread,

high horse? pseudo-intellectualism? You're really special, ya know?

Spike and Geoff both talked about an awards show that actually celebrated games, and the people that make them. We have one possible announcement that isn't two hot, and two games from independent developers, one of which put out the VGA GOTY for 2012. That's incredible. That should be exciting to the majority of people.

But nah, by large anyone seems to care about now is the Mass Effects and Elder Scrolls. Games that are coming and are big enough to have their own media events to show off. Nobody actually wanted the show to be the meaningful awards show that celebrate the merits games and the people that help create them on a national stage like the Oscars, they want it to be end of the year E3. Megatons and thirty second CGI trailers. How exciting and original.

So you duders will get that, next year, when they don't break for popular YouTube gamer guy to do his offensively pandering thing but instead for JEFF HARDY OF IMPACT WRESTLING to deliver the Doritos award and remind everyone to watch IMPACT WRESTLING - THURSDAYS ON SPIKE TV.

Yes that is exactly what we want, big game announcements. No one is watching for the awards and no one cares, we just cringe at stuff that doesn't need to be there like teabagging people. Just show off the games everyone wants to see, or big new IPs. No one's watching for a new indie game from the people who made the D-tier joe danger games.

smr00

Banned
Thanks for making the thread fellow GAFfer.

Alright good people, guess I'm going to see this Live while getting some low or high hype levels going on in this fine Community. Getting a bit of coffee ready soon and let's see what will come out of this.

While it's not a E3 or any major reveals it's nice to be here so we can politely discuss what will come next year for our consoles & PC so here I am, reporting in for the OT!
Given VGA's track record they usually come through with a major reveal if not a couple.

They might not always show gameplay but we almost always get some great surprises.

Haines

Banned
What is the best place to watch this? I have a PC in my living room so streams are an option, I also have a PS3 and XBONE.

Is it true that the GOTY winner leaked? Heard that was the case.

During an interview about the show, somebody talked about an entire development team for one of the GOTY nominees being in attendance. So it's likely that studio either one Studio of the Year, or Game of the Year.

The team in question was Rockstar North, so presumably GTA V has won something huge.

The_Monk

Given VGA's track record they usually come through with a major reveal if not a couple.

They might not always show gameplay but we almost always get some great surprises.

Good to know. Either way I'm ready. Great to see you here, too!

Kydd BlaZe

Wondering how this is gonna be available to watch on Xbox One. I don't see a countdown screen or a dedicated section for it just yet.

This also isn't showing up in my Spike TV listings at all. Just a bunch of Cops episodes for the next block of hours.

Sorian

Banned
Yes that is exactly what we want, big game announcements. No one is watching for the awards and no one cares, we just cringe at stuff that doesn't need to be there like teabagging people. Just show off the games everyone wants to see, or big new IPs. No one's watching for a new indie game from the people who made the D-tier joe danger games.

I'm ok with actual awards. It is an award ceremony afterall. My main gripe is with the filler in between with their awkward celebrity/pseudo-celebrity bullshit. Award all the awards DURING THE SHOW and show new trailers and such in between. It really isn't that hard.

MC_Hify

I thought the whole point of putting this thing online was to actually show all the awards and give time to the devs and the schedule says they aren't even doing that?

Sorian

Banned
I thought the whole point of putting this thing online was to actually show all the awards and give time to the devs and the schedule says they aren't even doing that?

Gotta make time for those youtube celebrities. I mean, it's not like they have a platform where they are allowed to spew their trash to the masses with no care in the world about time or anything like that.......oh wait.

So the 3 reveals are lego movie video game coming to everything with a gpu, Game of thrones from telltales and the new game from the guys behind Joe Danger?, Reggie better save this show
with Cranky

Harlequin

I'm pretty sure Sony will show something. The Polygon article talked about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo being there. The article didn't say that they'd all be showing stuff but we know that Microsoft is showing off Quantum Break and Nintendo that new Donkey Kong game (?) so it would be weird if Sony didn't show anything. And considering no Sony game is mentioned in the schedule it can't be a game that's already been unveiled like inFamous or Driveclub. Oh man...I really shouldn't be getting my hopes up like this :p.

So the 3 reveals are lego movie video game coming to everything with a gpu, Game of thrones from telltales and the new game from the guys behind Joe Danger, Reggie better save this show
with Cranky

The Lego movie game probably isn't one of the reveals and there are four reveals (if you count the "bonus world premiere" which I think we should).

I won't be able to watch it tonight so do you guys think the entire show will be up on gametrailers in the morning?

from the uk and i'm busy for the entire night

I feel like the point of taking it online was to move away from the idea that this is just an awards show. Hell, they're revealing GOTY in the middle of the presentation - the big closer is the GTA V concert. Their focus is elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom