• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRs8nHe.jpg

he realizes the drink isn't Mountain Dew

n51bbd2edd1705.png

RPGCrazied

I had no doubt the Nintendo demo isn't going to be that big a deal. Its just going to be a demo of tropical freeze. I have 0 interest in that. Of course a lot of people are.

Xater

I cannot handle how good the meltdowns are going to be, omg

Wasn't the Nintendo thing obvious with the previous wording of "a new look at a Wii U title" ?

It#s totally going to be a new trailer for Mario Kart or Smash.

-Horizon-

Hate to be that guy but I need a Cranky explanation. I know/thing it has something to do with Donkey Kong but I don't know the extent of it.

Fill me in, lads.

Supposed leaked amazon game cover for Tropical Freeze with Cranky on it. Seems to coincide with Nintendo's announcement on a "new look" of an already announced game.

KoopaTheCasual

So 3 world premieres? Do we know anything about what these are besides Telltale's GoT?

The other one, the rumored indie title, is
supposedly a game called "No Man's Sky" by Hello Games

No word on the third game, but things aren't looking too awesome as it stands.

ReaperXL7

Given the information we have at this point the only things im interested in during this are Witcher, The Division, Destiny, and Dying light. Its possible the reveals could turn out better than I believe they will (some industry people are really hyping Hello Games announcement) so I will probably end up watching it as its a slow night.

With the way its being discussed I am expecting No Mans Sky (the hello games reveal) to be on the same level as games like Rime, and Rapture so it could really surprise people.

Hate to be that guy but I need a Cranky explanation. I know/thing it has something to do with Donkey Kong but I don't know the extent of it.

Fill me in, lads.

So, Reggie is making an appearance at VGX, in which is announcing some new info regarding a previously announced game. Because hype is a deadly, deadly drug - people became convinced this meant we were getting Zelda U, or some other game that exists only in their imaginations.
Then, the boxart for Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze leaked, showcasing Cranky Kong and suggesting them as a potiental playable character. Because Nintendo loves to dissapoint and piss off people, this is pretty likely what they're announcing - despite being completely tone-deaf with the rest of the show and its' target audience.
After a few days to stew on the dissapointment, it's now just become a source of ironic excitement.

Xater

Wait is the Nintendo thing really just going to b Cranky in the new DK game? That would be even lamer than what I thought.

Harlequin

So 3 world premieres? Do we know anything about what these are besides Telltale's GoT?
I guess No Man's Land is another.

4 premieres. One of those is called "Bonus" world premiere in the schedule so who knows what that means but it's a world premiere so there's 4.

Geoff said there would be something to look forward to as PS owners and mentioned that Sony would be there. The schedule has nothing from Sony on it. So either Sony unveils a new game (best case) or that indie game just releases first on PS4 (screw Geoff case).

nikos

Got Hulu on the PS4, Twitch on the Xbone, Gametrailers on the 360 and Live Events Viewer on the PS3 ready to go. Gonna choose whichever has the best quality.

spirity

I just watched Smosh, some video about zombies. The sort of comedy they did is really not my thing but I could see how kids would love it. I assume thats the target demographic? I don't know much about those youtubers. Pewdieepie I've seen before, its a load of old bollocks.

This might be the worst year for this awards show.

I just watched Smosh, some video about zombies. The sort of comedy they did is really not my thing but I could see how kids would love it. I assume thats the target demographic? I don't know much about those youtubers. Pewdieepie I've seen before, its a load of old bollocks.

Yeah, I watched a video as well. It does seem like something I would of loved 5 years ago. A step above the usual crap, if still fundamentally crap.

Feorax

Was going to watch this, but now quite glad I'm not bothering having seen the leaked reveals. Underwhelming to say the least, but then again I shouldn't be surprised.

I'll be disappointed if GTA V or BF4 win anything related to online given how shittacular both were/have been for a significant amount of time.

Smosh is pretty standard middle-school internet humor. Which is wierd, because I used to find them funny when I was in 7th grade - and they've somehow managed to stay the course with "da kids", rather than actually maturing alongside their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom