• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

correojon

Wtf's going on I'm running over people with the roller, hitting them at point blank range and they're shaving it off like nothing, then killing me. No ink armor or anything.

TheJoRu

Drink tickets, knowing what brands give what, and a lot of luck.

Do the drink tickets stack with the extra chance you get from a certain brand? As in: I'm using 18k Aviators, which is Rockenberg so extra chance for Run Speed Up, and then I drink a Run Speed Up drink. Will that increase my chance even further?

69wpm

And I'm done with Rainmaker for a few weeks. Got back to S rank and somehow my teams are worse than A ranks. One interesting fellaw kept shooting around from our base although we had made a path to the end and kept spamming This way for 30 seconds. Can't deal with this shit anymore.

Stencil

I have no idea what the deal is. I was killing it in Salmon Run, very consistently. I got up to Profreshional, and then the difficulty came to be too much. I figured I'd drop down a rank and hover around Overachiever but I dropped completely to Part Timer after losing basically every match for a good 4 hours. This is no exaggeration, every match.

What the hell happened! Is it my teammates? The weapon combo? Is it me??
I am leaning toward the weapon combo (N-Zap, Flingza Roller, Octobrush, E-Liter); the Flingza roller is soo slow, and whenever I get the E-Liter I am worthless.

Hugstable

Banned
Wow I just witnessed probably the dumbest thing ever in Rainmaker just now. We were winning by 5 points at 23 to 28 with 20 seconds left on the clock. Someone on our team grabbed the rainmaker and had the great idea of running it all the way back to our base and hiding out there. They came by, got the kills and picked it up to pass our score with 10 seconds left. I'm done with Rainmaker, probably my least liked Ranked mode

bumpkin

Nearing 4 weeks, this is my progress so far.
HHj0rTs.jpg

Haven't been able to play Rainmaker much.

That's really cool, thanks for sharing.
Pfft, whatever S+'er. C-'er for LIFE!

Wiseblade

Do the drink tickets stack with the extra chance you get from a certain brand? As in: I'm using 18k Aviators, which is Rockenberg so extra chance for Run Speed Up, and then I drink a Run Speed Up drink. Will that increase my chance even further?
Based on my experience? Yes.

I've already started looking at my wardrobe to decide what to invest in after the next Splatfest. Building a warchest for scrubbing too.

I'll share a RM story too: I splatted the full enemy team next to the RM. A teammate picks it up, great! I ink the way forwards while shouting "follow me". After some distance I turn around...and see that the guy had gone towards our spawn, where the respawned enemy team killed him and won the match.
Another time we where winning comfortably, splat the whole enemy team and one teammate picks the RM with little time remaining. He goes towards our spawn, maybe thinking it'd be easier to defend it there...now, when the enemy team desperately attacked he continued retreating more and more instead of trying to take another route or go out of bounds, to the point he was standing right next to the goal. An enemy kills him, touches the RM and it's an instant win for them.

You guys complain that your team doesn't touch the RM but believe me, sometimes it's better they just don't get close to it lol

Neither should be a thing. We shouldn't have to worry about teammates that either don't touch the Rainmaker or touch it and do all the wrong things with it.

Wow I just witnessed probably the dumbest thing ever in Rainmaker just now. We were winning by 5 points at 23 to 28 with 20 seconds left on the clock. Someone on our team grabbed the rainmaker and had the great idea of running it all the way back to our base and hiding out there. They came by, got the kills and picked it up to pass our score with 10 seconds left. I'm done with Rainmaker, probably my least liked Ranked mode

Yeesh, you have my condolences.

OryoN

Lol @ these Rainmaker stories. I love the mode (as I do with all modes in the game), but the potential for teammates to screw up - royally! - is incredibly high in RM. If we devote an entire thread to it, they'd be no shortage of stories!

The ๖ۜBronx;246203894 said:
Thoughts on the worst weapons for the game modes?

Yeah, i love rollers. But i dont think id dare try em in ranked. And i consider myself quite proficient with them. A couple of them are just barely serviceable in turf wars as is.

Mediking

Trying to draw Minato with the classic Evoker (gun) to head look but instead of his Evoker... I wanna draw a Splatoon gun shooting out ink.

Prolly gonna hafta commission this but from whom....?

The fling attack is good but at that point you might as well use the bucket.

Personally i believe the vertical swing on rollers is too slow. And speed is king in this game i found. Even the fastest roller (the carbon), a bucket user can hit me twice, maybe even 3 times before i get my second vertical attack off.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, a day and two break and it feels like I'm playing it for the first time.. everything feels off haha

DjRalford

I'm gonna have to stop playing ranked before I completely destroy my joycons, the grip is already broken from bouncing off the wall, the joycons are quite robust.

I just don't understand how my teammates can be so dumb, like running into the enemy spawn in tower control, whilst the enemy has the fucking tower, or them running the same way over and over dying in the same place to the same player rather than flanking, or taking the rainmaker into our base in the last 30 seconds and dying so the enemy pick it up and we lose. Coupled with sniper blasters and OP tri sloshers it's just stopped being fun.

Jesus between the bullshit tick rate and constantly having 0 point or dc'd teammates I'm really getting fed up trying to do anything remotely competitive in this game.

5 fucking games in a row we have a random 0 point player on our team. Like God damn let people reconnect for fuck sake instead of forcing them to wait next round.

You'd expect this bullshit from a game made when online was brand new not 20 years in...

DHTBraTUMAA5s53.jpg

If there's one thing i forgot about till last night is the different poses the inklings have when trying weapons in Sheldon's shop.

I just had 5 games in a row where my teams were either AFK or jerking off in the corner. And these are players above level 20.

Are people getting bored of this game? lol

Kalor

I got to A- in rainmaker earlier and I'm already noticing an improvement in players. People are trying to create paths forward in advance and aren't picking up the rainmaker as soon as it pops.

Pikma

Banned
I'm currently in a rainmaker match where the bubble just won't pop lmao

And now it turned into a squid party

TwiztidElf

Yeah, i love rollers. But i dont think id dare try em in ranked. And i consider myself quite proficient with them. A couple of them are just barely serviceable in turf wars as is.
Hi fellow roller from a few pages back. :)
I stick to my Carbon roller even in Ranked. All of the rollers clearly need some buffs though.

Splat Zones is my best ranked mode. The Roller allows me to keep splashing ink deep into the Splat Zone without walking into the zone and surprise kill opponents fairly often.
Tower Control it is still very strong. Finding high points and killing several opponents, or riding the tower with good control.
> Carbons ink storm really helps on both the above modes too. Many, many times my Splat Zone team have taken control of the zone after a well timed ink storm. Also on Tower Control for clearing the way or helping get them off the tower.
Rain Maker. It's only really RainMaker where roller fails.

For gear I usually focus on Ink Saver Main and Swim Speed. To me, Ink Saver is a must for rollers, as they just chew through the ink far too fast, and you find yourself in combat with no ink left.

Yeah they're not bad but the Trislosher and Octobrush are far better. No point whatsoever in picking a roller over them, weapon balance is a bit off right now.

I myself use the original Splat Roller, and I get a lot of use out of the Curlers to close in and escape. (Helps that I have 3 Sub Savers and a Sub Up) You have to be sneaky with the roller to succeed.

The ๖ۜBronx;246218572 said:
?

This OT is already filled with people talking about ranked lol.

I guess I don't spend much time in the OT, and more often in our Discord server. Especially after a lot of the crap I saw in the first OT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a kind of weird question for those who attained S+ in both Splatoons:

In your opinion, what is the Splatoon 2 equivalent to an S+ in the original game in terms of skill?

I ask because I almost killed myself getting S+ in the original game... and just never did. Since then, I upgraded my internet and reached S+0 in TC in Splatoon 2 (A+ and S in the other modes). I don't own a Wii U anymore so going back to the original game is not an option. So how do I know when I've really "made it" in Splatoon 2? Looking forward to hearing SplatGaf's opinion on this silly topic, lol.

Edit: I guess I should say that I feel like the leveling in this game is more lenient than before. Maybe that's just the better internet talking.

Nice to see someone else playing Ranked. Was starting to think GAF didnt play Splatoon competitively at all, and just stuck to co-op and turf.
I play ranked posted a pic a few days ago of me hitting A- in splat zones. Then awhile ago a pic of me getting 31 kills in tower control.

Top Bottom