• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

Azure J

Interesting. And no pro in sight.

The scariest part of that statistic image is that the combined total usage of every other unnamed weapon amounts to about ~25-26% of the usage overall. The Tentatek sits at a flat 25%. For nearly every unnamed weapon used, there is a tentatek out there.

13ruce

Banned
Guess i will get a Marina tattoo after all too probably will just put it on my lower calf back side or side of under leg. Aint got a tattoo on my legs yet and it looks so bald compared to my upper body inkwise:p

Altho this is the true final one then tbh (it's goddamn addicting).

I really want to have both octoling and squid reprensation and i also have 3 zelda tats by then so why not 3 of splatoon too (squid sisters + marina).

After that 70% of my body is still not inked anyway as those video game tats are not big at all. Only my non related tribal is big but that one will get a heavy upgrade soon since it was not set by a pro tat artist (it's not colored in properly and lines are not perfect and got it at a time where i did not look actively for a skilled artist and quality first) luckily this is not noticeable unless you look real closely but i will get it fixed anyway.

I asked my sister, mom and some of mine friends and friends of my sister already and they say it's fine and that the character looks cool for a tattoo but i will still think about it for a while first and play a couple of more splatfests etc in Splatoon 2.

Btw just saw/read about the updates neat new salmon run stage today, new weapon soon and a new multiplayer stage soon.

Hopefully a new band of music is next!

DrArchon

tonyh24613 posted the link but yeah, the top 10 weapons for last week (with the top 2 by themselves making up over 38% of all weapons in League) are:

01. Tentatek Splattershot
02. Tri-Slosher
03. Rapid Blaster
04. Custom Blaster
05. Splattershot Jr.
06. N-ZAP 85
07. Enperry Splat Dualies
08. Octobrush
09. Firefin Splatterscope
10. Splat Brella

And yeah, like he said 65% of all specials are either Inkjet or Ink Armor.

Interesting. Looks like the meta's ripe for some more longer range weapons to come in and tear things up, but no dice.

What's the deal with the Splattershot Jr getting a bit more use than the N-ZAP? The N-ZAP is much more accurate and has more range, so I'd think it'd be a better pick over all. Is it just people wanting more coverage? They basically fill the same role of "rapid fire ink armor", but to me the ZAP seems much better.

Nightii

Banned
What's the deal with the Splattershot Jr getting a bit more use than the N-ZAP? The N-ZAP is much more accurate and has more range, so I'd think it'd be a better pick over all. Is it just people wanting more coverage?

More coverage = Ink Armor sooner

The scariest part of that statistic image is that the combined total usage of every other unnamed weapon amounts to about ~25-26% of the usage overall. The Tentatek sits at a flat 25%. For nearly every unnamed weapon used, there is a tentatek out there.

Geez that's insane.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
tonyh24613 posted the link but yeah, the top 10 weapons for last week (with the top 2 by themselves making up over 38% of all weapons in League) are:

01. Tentatek Splattershot
02. Tri-Slosher
03. Rapid Blaster
04. Custom Blaster
05. Splattershot Jr.
06. N-ZAP 85
07. Enperry Splat Dualies
08. Octobrush
09. Firefin Splatterscope
10. Splat Brella

And yeah, like he said 65% of all specials are either Inkjet or Ink Armor.

For reference, the EU list is:

1. Tentatek Splattershot
2. Tri-Slosher
3. N-ZAP '85
4. Rapid Blaster
5. Splattershot Jr.
6. Luna Blaster
7. Custom Blaster
8. Firefin Splatterscope
9. Octobrush
10. Splat Roller

Almost identical lists (even the orders are very close). JP has Splat Brella/Enperry Dualies, EU has Splat Roller/Luna Blaster, but that's a small difference (especially as Splat Brella is probably a temp gimmick due to new release).

'ideal' Splatoon team is probably: one N-Zap '85, one Tri-Slosher, one Rapid Blaster, one Firefin, IMO. N-Zap '85 to make turf, Tri-Slosher to take turf, Firefin to keep turf, and Rapid-Blaster as an incredible support weapon. Use N-Zap '85 and Tri-Slosher to chain Ink Armours.

Geg

Vanilla Inkbrush will never be anything more than struggle brush.

Yeah, but I said it didn't receive any heavy nerfs, which is true
Kappa

Interesting. And no pro in sight.
Pro I think is good at countering a lot of stuff on the Top 10 list, but it's so slow and ink hungry and its current kit is more focused on providing team support than being offensive that a lot of people aren't going to bother with it when they can just pick a faster shooter instead.

The Rapid Blaster is maybe the best weapon in the game for countering Tri-Sloshers right now, which is part of why it's so high up.

Finally got a cat sweatshirt. Best shirt in the game tbh.

People keep asking for new stages and weapon changes, but what I want more than anything is new clothes. For me, the main incentive to play the game is to collect cool clothes.

DrArchon

Pro I think is good at countering a lot of stuff on the Top 10 list, but it's so slow and ink hungry and its current kit is more focused on providing team support than being offensive that a lot of people aren't going to bother with it when they can just pick a faster shooter instead.

The Rapid Blaster is maybe the best weapon in the game for countering Tri-Sloshers right now, which is part of why it's so high up.

Wonder how the Forge Pro will stack up with the competition. I doubt the Bubble Wand is going to set the world on fire, but with the right item it could be more useful than the standard.

Granted the Pro still chugs so much ink that you can't get that many items out, but still, it'll be interesting to see.

Wonder how the Forge Pro will stack up with the competition. I doubt the Bubble Wand is going to set the world on fire, but with the right item it could be more useful than the standard.

Granted the Pro still chugs so much ink that you can't get that many items out, but still, it'll be interesting to see.
MJlEOC0.jpg

This is what I use for the pro. Sometimes I'll changed the shirt and shoes for special charge up. But the headphones allow me a lot of freedom.

Doorman

What that really suggests is that right now, the Tentatek is the one "required" weapon to have on a team. Virtually EVERY league team has a ttek on it, or for any team without one, there's another team with two. For a game that wants to promote variety and balance, that is god damned pitiful. No one option should ever be that unilaterally attractive.

What that really suggests is that right now, the Tentatek is the one "required" weapon to have on a team. Virtually EVERY league team has a ttek on it, or for any team without one, there's another team with two. For a game that wants to promote variety and balance, that is god damned pitiful. No one option should ever be that unilaterally attractive.

Pfffttt, my experience has been that most teams still roll with Aeros or any Dualies in regular, super annoying.

I still prefer either my N-Zap or my Tentatek for regular and Tri for ranked...

random25

It's just a good well-rounded weapon, easy to use, and its sub and special is pretty solid too. Even in S1 it's a favorite in ranked.

Doorman

Pfffttt, my experience has been that most teams still roll with Aeros or any Dualies in regular, super annoying.

I still prefer either my N-Zap or my Tentatek for regular and Tri for ranked...
The numbers we're talking about here are stats based off of League battles, not turf war. Otherwise, yeah, you'd see a lot of Aerospray right at the top of the list.

It's just a good well-rounded weapon, easy to use, and its sub and special is pretty solid too. Even in S1 it's a favorite in ranked.

I'm still salty about the "mid-range shooter trio" in S1, Tentatek, .52Gal and zapper. They have same range in S1, all reduced in S2. Even though I still think all of them are well balanced, have their pros and cons. Tentatek is well-rounded, .52Gal kills faster and turf worse, zapper turfs better but have less damage. However in S2 Tentatek and zapper get great sub and special, while .52Gal get, point sensor and baller. I don't get it, .52Gal should be the weapon that fight and hold the frontline, but those weapon set tells you to play a support role. And datamine syas .52Gal deco get curling and sting ray, SMH.

Yeah just a .52Gal main rant. :(

The numbers we're talking about here are stats based off of League battles, not turf war. Otherwise, yeah, you'd see a lot of Aerospray right at the top of the list.

Ahh gotcha and thanks.

At least if I can escape to the ranks of league, I can look forward to at least not dealing with so many aeros anymore...

DrArchon

MJlEOC0.jpg

This is what I use for the pro. Sometimes I'll changed the shirt and shoes for special charge up. But the headphones allow me a lot of freedom.
I used a bunch of Special Charge Up when I ran the Pro. The free tank refill was great.

Granted I only play TW so it was easy to just fire and forget with the ink storm. In ranked I'm sure you'd want to use it with more precision than I did.

random25

I'm still salty about the "mid-range shooter trio" in S1, Tentatek, .52Gal and zapper. They have same range in S1, all reduced in S2. Even though I still think all of them are well balanced, have their pros and cons. Tentatek is well-rounded, .52Gal kills faster and turf worse, zapper turfs better but have less damage. However in S2 Tentatek and zapper get great sub and special, while .52Gal get, point sensor and baller. I don't get it, .52Gal should be the weapon that fight and hold the frontline, but those weapon set tells you to play a support role. And datamine syas .52Gal deco get curling and sting ray, SMH.

I like .52 Gal too. It's basically my counter against ttek guys. I think baller is fine but I wish it got a more offensive-oriented sub like a burst bomb. Burst bomb followed by barrage of those heavy shots would have made .52 Gal a killer in ranked.

I used a bunch of Special Charge Up when I ran the Pro. The free tank refill was great.

Granted I only play TW so it was easy to just fire and forget with the ink storm. In ranked I'm sure you'd want to use it with more precision than I did.
Yea inkstorm is great for tower control.

I like .52 Gal too. It's basically my counter against ttek guys. I think baller is fine but I wish it got a more offensive-oriented sub like a burst bomb. Burst bomb followed by barrage of those heavy shots would have made .52 Gal a killer in ranked.

Im with both you guys. I think the .52 gal is cool. But personally i cant stand the loadout. The special i can deal with. But it needs some sort of 'grenade'

ChrisD

"Hey, Zones is in for a bit more, let me just get one more win to rank up"

*long, hard fought battle, claim Zone with ten seconds left, wipe the enemies, comeback made!*

"Connection Unstable"

*Disconnects, counts as a loss*

....I played three Turf Wars before this to warm up, and not a single D/C. Thanks for screwing me over, game.

Edit: WOW

"Maybe it was a one-time deal!" I thought, as I started another. Again, I just need one win. My bar has like, a single line of pixels to rank up.

Spawn in, enemy has two Aerosprays in Ranked (lol). We take control immediately and kill all but their Heavy. It's almost a quick 100 to 0. 10 points left, "Connection is unstable."

Disconnect, loss, and a crack in what was a pristine rank tank.

My connection is freaking wired, everything else is running perfectly in the house, and it's not peak hours. You can screw off with it being MY connection, game.

So much for the near perfect run with that tank. One loss, seven wins, just needed that eighth. I'm livid. Now to keep trying, or do the smart thing and quit for now.

I'm probably going to miss a Rank jump because of that. :(

I'm sorry, WHAT!?

I too love the .52 Gal, but it's kit is kind of garbage.

Geg

Yeah the main draw of the .52 in the first game outside of its ridiculously fast time to kill was how well the splash wall synergized with the weapon. I think point sensor is a great sub that's underused currently but I don't know how well it fits with the main weapon, and I definitely don't know what the hell Baller is supposed to do for it.

ChrisD

45 Superfresh down to 32.

Superfresh to Raw in record time?????

Edit: Game, giving me a 4v3 doesn't right the wrong of my two 3v4's. Thanks for the free win, but I would have rather had a full game. And never had those 3v4's.

Oh hell yeah. I bought a IRL version of the King Flip Mesh this past weekend at Nintendo NY. Stoked to have it in game now from the App Store. Now I just need to find the sweat shirt i bought too.

Oh hell yeah. I bought a IRL version of the King Flip Mesh this past weekend at Nintendo NY. Stoked to have it in game now from the App Store. Now I just need to find the sweat shirt i bought too.

Wait, they're selling King Flip Meshs already? I have one preordered from Amazon.jp but I don't think it ships until October. That's pretty cool

no freaking kidding!

Who cares if people could "cheat the system" in Turf Wars by having a friend D/C on purpose? Goodness sake, I was right by my goal, and it was just stolen right from me. this is a joke.

I guess that could be cheating, but wouldn't they be banned for a while for DCing if it happens multiple times?

45 Superfresh down to 32.

Superfresh to Raw in record time?????

Edit: Game, giving me a 4v3 doesn't right the wrong of my two 3v4's. Thanks for the free win, but I would have rather had a full game. And never had those 3v4's.

Damn thats harsh! Good job getting to 45 though. Highest i can get seems to be about 26 before the game starts throwing pro teams and DC's at me lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think this is true. The Tentatek is just incredibly well-rounded, rather than 'required'. A team of four chargers would suck. A team of four blasters would suck. A team of four Octobrushes would suck. A team of four Tentateks? It would do okay, it can do most roles well.

But the absolute best teams? They're not going to want a jack of all trades. The Tentatek isn't as good at close combat as a Tri-Slosher. It doesn't have the coverage of the N-Zap. It's not got the coverage of the Firefin.

Reminds me of Scizor in DPPt OU meta. Ubiquitious, but not breaking.

Why do people like the ink jet so much? For me, pretty much everytime I use it, I get shot out of the sky. I guess you have to be safer with it? But to me it doesn't seem that good if you have to be really cautious with it all the time.

I'm no pro player, so I'm legitimately asking. What are the strategies for using it?

backlot

I don't think this is true. The Tentatek is just incredibly well-rounded, rather than 'required'. A team of four chargers would suck. A team of four blasters would suck. A team of four Octobrushes would suck. A team of four Tentateks? It would do okay, it can do most roles well.

But the absolute best teams? They're not going to want a jack of all trades. The Tentatek isn't as good at close combat as a Tri-Slosher. It doesn't have the coverage of the N-Zap. It's not got the coverage of the Firefin.

It's a jack of all trades that outclasses most specialty weapons. The best teams will absolutely be using it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a jack of all trades that outclasses most specialty weapons. The best teams will absolutely be using it.

I'm just unconvinced of this. I don't think the Tentatek is 'best-in-class' at any given use.

Sorry man, but the ttek can do everything and do it better than most of the guns in the game thanks to its kit again.

Nightii

Banned

Umm one of the reasons the Tri is popular right now is because it outranges the Tentatek, it is not better at close range than it, if a Ttek gets in your face as a Tri the best you can hope for is a trade thanks to netcode sillyness.

The Splattershot weapon is not just well rounded, it's got good stats all around. It's ink efficient, it has good accuracy and decent range for a shooter, it also has very good TTK (time-to-kill) that only becomes better under netcode shenanigans.

All of the absolute best teams have at least one Tentatek, it was true back in Splatoon 1 and it is true now too, it's not just a jack-of-all trades, it's just good. Especially on this game where so many weapons are so much weaker than they were back in S1, especially most of the long range ones.

Tentatek Splattershot is not Scizor, it's Landorus-T.

Top Bottom