• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon update Aug 6th - Team Ranked, custom game, level/ranked cap raise, new gear

fred

Aw christ on a fucking bike...raising the maximum grades to S and S+..?!!?!?

I can't get any further than B- so far lmfao

noshten

I imagine that in the current situation, local scenes would just get passed the second step by having people use their own Wii Us, which would on one hand be fairly cumbersome setup-wise but also solve the issue of Splatoon linking tags to Miis since there's no Smash-esque name tag function. The aforementioned spectator mode seems like it'd be the second most crucial feature.

Still many ways to go regardless, of course.

Spectator mode is the most important thing in my mind. Like I mentioned in the previous thread having clothing nontransferable is alright since it would give tournaments an even playing field.

Violet_0

Banned
both Saltspray and Kelp Dome could use some reword. For Kelp Dome (and also Mall) just use the ranked version that gives you easier access to the center. Saltspray could use another entry to the upper area to make it less campy

Sadist

Damn that's packed.

I think Splatoon is my most played shooter in years thanks to these updates, big or small. Only shooter I've played this much was L4D2.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is the best game Nintendo has produced in years, not to say in a decade. I have my 4p team already, team rankings will take all our nights.

VICI0US

oh man, I just got to A+ a few days ago and now there'll be S+ AND 30 more levels? Guess I should try for A+ 99 to make ranking up slightly easier

Neoxon

This update is way bigger than anyone anticipated. Goddamn.

Hype through the roof.
And this isn't even the end of the Splatoon updates.
I'm guessing that the Octolings will come either late August or early September, definitely before Super Mario Maker. This is assuming that the Octoling post made by Nintendo was indeed a hint towards playable Octolings.

phanphare

Banned
Ink gatling gun? I'm already sold.

Wait, you mean there's MORE?! Sweet Jesus. this game keeps delivering.

xI6lgEI.gif

Oh, shoot! That's a lot of new content! I can't wait to get into this. Squad Battles sound awesome. Can't wait to get back into GAF matches.

VICI0US

Oh, shoot! That's a lot of new content! I can't wait to get into this. Squad Battles sound awesome. Can't wait to get back into GAF matches.

this game is seriously fantastic. its the most fun I've had with a competitive shooter since vanilla TF2.

The M.O.B

Ill be halfway across the world when this comes out and nowhere near my WiiU when this hits. Looks like this is finally "1.0" for Splatoon.

And I still haven't touched it in a few weeks so I will definitely be a tad rusty when I can finally play this update.

Cindro

So great. Are we expecting the new music to drop with this update too? It's not mentioned in the press release, but maybe they didn't think it important enough to mention (even though that will be the best expansion, obviously).

massoluk

Banned
Oh my, level cap more than double to 50?

You know me all too well, Nintendo. Was expecting something more modest, like 30.

wiibomb

I wonder when they are gonna add the tower control mode... in the PR there's the hint for rainmaker, but no tower control

Nia

znwfWsu.jpg

I've been waiting for the friend match ups, but they went even further beyond. This is like receiving a five course meal. Hell no to S rank though. I've never even scraped A-.

I really want to get this game, but i've been reading on how TERRIBLE the stick controls are. Gyro is a no go for me. Any word if they will be fixing the sensitivity issues the game has on gamepad?

Saying you will get used to it is not an option. :)

I really want to get this game, but i've been reading on how TERRIBLE the stick controls are. Gyro is a no go for me. Any word if they will be fixing the sensitivity issues the game has on gamepad?

You just get used to it. I use stick controls and put it at a really low sensitivity so it's easier to aim.

Keep in mind people are not used to it because of the 0 auto aim or aim assist

phanphare

Banned

the stick controls aren't terrible, there's just no aim-assist that many console players are used to with shooters

also you'll get used to the gyro controls ;p or should, anyway

MrGameBoy

I hope in this or a future update we would get more controller options, more specifically adding Wii Remote (Plus) + Nunchuk pointer controls with the Wii U GamePad nearby to view the map. Having said that, the new update sounds wonderful!

prag16

Banned
Unless I'm reading this wrong, no Turf War for the squad battle mode? Boo. Would've liked to have seen that as an option.

massoluk

Banned

You will get used to it.

Top Bottom