• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

So, at this point, what's the consensus between both versions? I read a few posts mentioning what appears to be parity but someone else mentioned the 360 version looking bad.

(I can still change my 360 preorder, hence my asking)

From what I've read and seen they look almost identical. I for one would never give up my 360 controller for a shitty DS3 :)

Recoil

B4ATc.gif

This fuckin game

how did they even pull this off

DJwest

I can't multiquote so I'll respond this way.

- Mission variety is faaar better than IV. Base gameplay is similar (and more polished) but the situations are imaginative and fun. There havent been any scort missions so far. There is a lot more interacción with other characters, there are very few solo missions. In general it's SA variety without SA clunkibess.Better, even

It must be said that I personally think the game shines at stranger missions.

-I''ve had a few diversions along The ride but not so mucho. I expect it to be 40 hrs.

-How is the checkpoint system? If I die during a mission, do I have to drive all over to the destination?
-Are you required to switch characters during missions or can you solo all missions?
-No spoilers, just yes or no. Is the story better than IV and/or The Ballad of Gay Tony so far?
-Can you buy houses and other properties?
-Is the map "too big"? Is the world interesting?

rallaren

So, at this point, what's the consensus between both versions? I read a few posts mentioning what appears to be parity but someone else mentioned the 360 version looking bad.

(I can still change my 360 preorder, hence my asking)
Seems to be freezing (on older consoles?) sometimes.

taylor910

Anyone know how car customization works in terms of if I buy new suspension, tires, transmission, etc., do I only have that until with that specific car? If I wreck that car do I lose all of what I bought? Thanks

delta25

Banned
I've yet to see anyone do any scuba diving, what's up with that. One of the best new features added to GTA and nobody wants to do it...

I really want to see what's at the bottom of the alamo sea.

Anyone know how car customization works in terms of if I buy new suspension, tires, transmission, etc., do I only have that until with that specific car? If I wreck that car do I lose all of what I bought? Thanks

Yes and yes. However, you can receive your customized car from the impound lot for a fee.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
USE MICHAELS SPECIAL ABILITY GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ....NO ONE USES IT I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT!

DukeBobby

I've yet to see anyone do any scuba diving, what's up with that. One of the best new features added to GTA and nobody wants to do it...

Nobody can seem to find any scuba gear. I imagine that you don't unlock it until later (after a certain main mission, perhaps?).

f0rk

When one guy was asked he didn't know where the kit was.

how did they even pull this off

Notice how he never lets the bottle leave his hand. They probably hid a pressurized tube up his sleeve hidden by his hand and then cut a hole in the bottom or side of the bottle so that they could give the illusion of infinite spewing ketchup. They use use the same trick for comedic projectile vomit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Haha ok Sethos :lol

So he just said Michael's special ability is NOT unlocked yet.

Top Bottom