• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER FILLED Thread for Grand Theft Auto V for IMPATIENT PEOPLE - Read Rules in OP

Hip Hop

Tell me about it. It's crazy...

rx2r6pA.png

good i will go to a party in a few hours ...i would stay the whole night in here.

LMAO, you just keep topping the leaderboards everytime.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Some game impressions from a Polish forum (PS3 version):

-Driving model is indeed different, some compare it to the last NFS (Most Wanted), camera is stiffer than GTA IV so it gives an impressions of less floaty cars
-The graphics are indeed fantastic, and everything runs smoother than any (console) GTA ever; the lightning is what makes this game visually
-Framerate drops are there but not very often, nor is it very noticeable
-Pop-up can be seen, but V is much better in this aspect than IV or SA
-The map feels enormous
-Dialogues are GOTG (note that here Rockstar has always been regarded as "comedy gold", we don't really care if the satire is shallow or in bad taste)
-Quick save with a smartphone is a godsend
-Quote "I'm riding right now through Los Santos covered with light fog and I almost have a hard on looking at the lights and shadows. It looks phenomenal, how everything works together"
-When you finish a mission, the characters don't disappear, they just go on their business, get in their cars and go away, everything's smooth
-The character selection is sometimes locked (during missions I guess)
-The game constantly throws something new and exciting at you
-Being used to IV driving model at the beginning it feels like there's too much oversteer
-Lots of swearing
-While flying you feel turbulence once in a while
-Shooting is very similar to MP3
-Many cars look just like their real life counterparts
-Police chases feel very exciting, almost as if stuff was scripted
-Someone else compared the driving to Midnight Club LA (they like it in general), it's definitely nothing like Saints Row 3 or JC2
-every car feels different
-GOTG GOTG GOTG GOTG

I'll post some of their screens in a moment.

Plasmid

GAF i need to know.

If i play on my regular gamertag, but make sure my console never connects to the internet, will i be ok? I really don't wanna replay the story over and over on tuesday and dont want to get my gamertag banned once i go back online.

Ignore the instagram filter.

9XInHTDl.jpg

I can post some other photos if need be.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love how Trevor answers his phone.

"Who the fuck is this?"

Some game impressions from a Polish forum (PS3 version):

-Driving model is indeed different, some compare it to the last NFS (Most Wanted), camera is stiffer than GTA IV so it gives an impressions of less floaty cars
-The graphics are indeed fantastic, and everything runs smoother than any (console) GTA ever; the lightning is what makes this game visually
-Framerate drops are there but not very often, nor is it very noticeable
-Pop-up can be seen, but V is much better in this aspect than IV or SA
-The map feels enormous
-Dialogues are GOTG (note that here Rockstar has always been regarded as "comedy gold", we don't really care if the satire is shallow or in bad taste)
-Quick save with a smartphone is a godsend
-Quote "I'm riding right now through Los Santos covered with light fog and I almost have a hard on looking at the lights and shadows. It looks phenomenal, how everything works together"
-When you finish a mission, the characters don't disappear, they just go on their business, get in their cars and go away, everything's smooth
-The character selection is sometimes locked (during missions I guess)
-The game constantly throws something new and exciting at you
-Being used to IV driving model at the beginning it feels like there's too much oversteer
-Lots of swearing
-While flying you feel turbulence once in a while
-Shooting is very similar to MP3
-Many cars look just like their real life counterparts
-Police chases feel very exciting, almost as if stuff was scripted
-Someone else compared the driving to Midnight Club LA (they like it in general), it's definitely nothing like Saints Row 3 or JC2
-every car feels different
-GOTG GOTG GOTG GOTG

I'll post some of their screens in a moment.

Thanks man. Much appreciated!

Albo

Dammit, think I just spoiled myself watching that "freeroam" stream haha. Can someone confirm or deny whether this is story spoiler is true?

Johnny from lost and damned appears in the game and trever kills him?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dammit, think I just spoiled myself watching that "freeroam" stream haha. Can someone confirm or deny whether this is story spoiler is true?

Johnny from lost and damned appears in the game and trever kills him?

You don't wanna know this.

Man now it's raining .... i can't.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The heavy use of "white" whenever you move in the water (IE swimming) bugs me... I mean just a tiny bit of movement and the whole water surface whites out? Seems excessive but I think I will get over it. Hopefully that is an ocean thing...

Whoa. After a mission ended with Trevor flying away in a heli. The dude switched too him just little while later and he was still flying it. Awesome!

i hope rockstar actually "officially announces" ned luke, shawn fonteno and steven ogg as the voice actors for michael, trevor and franklin, cause from what i seen did an amazing job

and especially ned luke....

Oh lol, so Michael has an iPhone (iFruit), Franklin has an Android, and Trevor has a Windows Phone.

Nice touch R*, covered all your bases.

Just watching the PS3 stream (could not resist at least a quick peak) and I am flat out impressed.

Draw distance, frame rate, everything looks great.

I really don't believe there is any reason for folks to have any concerns about which version they grab at this point - looks like Rockstar have done everyone proud.

Totally agree. The "negligable" differences mentioned by Rockstar staff are more than likely not noticeable whatsoever.

Leslie Benzies CVG Interview said:
The game was demoed on PS3?

Yep.

And, of course, the single-player demo we saw was also demoed on PS3. Is PS3 your lead platform?

Not really. This is probably the first game we've done where both platforms have been running in parallel. There's very, very little difference in the development state of them both. They're both very similar. It would be hard to tell them apart.

Top Bottom