• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hnnnnggg, that July picture.

Also, I get Junko is the villain, but I kind of wish there was a bit more variety in the character choices. Seems like she's the focus or featured in about 1/2 the months.

Vylash

GUYS THE GRAVITY RUSH ARTIST DREW JUNKO AND I JUST CAN'T AS;NLDFVKD

jZFQaQGafoeFM.png

edit: dammit daku

A'ight.

So, in the last week or so I've beaten this game and beaten Layton vs Ace Attorney.

This might only be tangentially related but I am full bore in the mood and am in need of another read 'em up.

Any suggestions?

Didn't we, though? With the makeshift morgue, didn't Makoto account for everyone?

Well we saw lights on and we are lead to assume that each light was for each dead classmate (minus Muroko being part of the mystery).

I don't think Makoto actually opened up each case to check if everyone's bodies was actually there.

Of course, I wouldn't mind knowing if anything ever happens with the bodies after the end of DR1...

Oh the sweet, sweet despair...

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THEY *ARE* DEAD!

Upupupupupupu~

(No, seriously, it's funny to see you all try to come up with how they might not have died.)

DANGANRONPA 2 SPOILERS
However, since the second game is riddled with plot holes, it indeed is possible that everybody wakes up at the end of SDR2.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My second headcanon is that DR1 was just an elaborate play and everyone was amazing actors and are perfectly fine. ;_;

The funny part about this is, I thought that they were going to pull this stunt at the end of the first game.

But then I saw the morgue and thought oh...

Didn't we, though? With the makeshift morgue, didn't Makoto account for everyone?
Well we saw lights on and we are lead to assume that each light was for each dead classmate (minus Muroko being part of the mystery).
The thing is, since Monokuma couldn't find Celes' body anywhere, he used the dead chicken from Chapter 5 and put it there!
if we just have hope, there's no character that can't come back!

Komaeda_%2829%29.png
Now that's what I'm talking about!
tumblr_mmyuabge4L1r3elq1o1_500.png

Jintor

The best part is that Nagito is still fucked up long before the worst possible thing in the world ever happened

Anyway

why hasn't anyone made a murder mystery-courtroom game yet where you're the murderer trying to pin the blame on someone else

Sorian

Banned
The best part is that Nagito is still fucked up long before the worst possible thing in the world ever happened

Anyway

why hasn't anyone made a murder mystery-courtroom game yet where you're the murderer trying to pin the blame on someone else

I would be extremely surprised if they didn't have a case in DR3 where the MC is the unknowing murderer. Not exactly what you're looking for but a step in that direction.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah, I really like how he predicted that they would be forced to kill each other before Monokuma appeared for the first time.
Is him being messed up really the only reason behind that? It still feels like a nod at his similarities to Makoto that happens to lack a sufficient explanation.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know how that would work as a video game without it being boring, you already would know how the case played out.

Is him being messed up really the only reason behind that? It still feels like a nod at his similarities to Makoto that happens to lack a sufficient explanation.
He has frontotemporal dementia, which is killing him and making him act all weird.

Maybe he's the true Ultimate Clairvoyant.
Can't say I trust his word on that.
I think I read in TVTropes that it was confirmed in the manga, along with some other facts such as that Togami did saw someone under the floor and sacrificed himself for Nagito.

FluxWaveZ

Oh god. In some alternate universe where I was Japanese, I don't even think I'd be able to attend one of those stage shows. Maybe as a way to silently laugh at it and smile...

I would go to one.

It would be the most amazing thing ever.

I also imagine there will be some amazing swag I would want my hands on too. Never stop selling me stuff.

cj_iwakura

Oh god. In some alternate universe where I was Japanese, I don't even think I'd be able to attend one of those stage shows. Maybe as a way to silently laugh at it and smile...

I would so go to that.

Wow, Monokuma's just on a screen? Slacking. Wonder how they did the Gungnir killing.

WTF at the background dancers...

We technically never saw Mondo's body either.
It's most likely just that butter that we saw come out at the end of his execution.
My second headcanon is that DR1 was just an elaborate play and everyone was amazing actors and are perfectly fine. ;_;
That would of been a great plot twist if it did happen.
I would so go to that.

Wow, Monokuma's just on a screen? Slacking. Wonder how they did the Gungnir killing.

WTF at the background dancers...

They probably just faded to black with sound effects of her getting killed by the spears and then her lying dead on the ground when the lights came back on.

antibolo

Banned
AmiAmi just collected payment for my Kyouko figure. Hell yes.

Still debating on whether or not I should also get the Chiaki figure. Those things are bloody expensive.

AmiAmi just collected payment for my Kyouko figure. Hell yes.

Still debating on whether or not I should also get the Chiaki figure. Those things are bloody expensive.

Yeah, but it looks really really nice. :p

Don't worry, it's not like Nanami's figure will be coming out in December March.

Top Bottom