• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

GSR

Could just be someone taking on her style. She was a fashionista, after all. What else would be chic in despair-world?

kewlmyc

It's probably Mukuro, likely preparing for the High School Life of Mutual killing.

But this takes place after DanganRonpa 1. Unless that section is set before the first game, which would be lazy since they used the same character model for Komaru.

PK Gaming

But this takes place after DanganRonpa 1. Unless that section is set before the first game, which would be lazy since they used the same character model for Komaru.

Oh, I see.

5%2832%29.png

How strange!

So, apparently that screen is fake... which kinda makes sense, considering the fact that nobody has come up with the source video it's supposedly from (unless someone can prove me wrong).

Ah well, hopefully more story information about the game will come soon.

edit: ugh, feeling really stupid now. A lot of the Japanese there is total junk, can't believe I didn't spot it sooner. Guess I just wasn't expecting someone to make a fake for Danganronpa so I wasn't particularly alert :/

kewlmyc

So, apparently that screen is fake... which kinda makes sense, considering the fact that nobody has come up with the source video it's supposedly from (unless someone can prove me wrong).

An impressive fake to say the least.

GSR

edit: ugh, feeling really stupid now. A lot of the Japanese there is total junk, can't believe I didn't spot it sooner. Guess I just wasn't expecting someone to make a fake for Danganronpa so I wasn't particularly alert :/

Yeah, the video title isn't so bad, but the section headers are pretty nonsense when you take a look. Still, very well done on the sprite part.

Of note of the all those characters in suits (cause I guess in a world full of despair, you gotta look stylish), the two new ones are named Asahina and Hagakaue.

No mention of relationship to donuts or bum though.

GSR

Swagito Komaeda has returned.

(Almost wish it hadn't been announced though, hope they've still got a few surprises up their sleeves.)

Turns out of the two new characters, Hagakure is a female relative (hard to say if she's older or younger than him, probably younger) and Asahina's is a younger male relative.

Also, we get Monokumas with the haircuts of some of the cast from Danganronpa 1 too

kewlmyc

YIPPEE ☆ KAI YAY

Due to the video quality, I can't make heads or tails of most of the unknown VAs. Though i'm 98% sure that Ibuki is voiced by the lovely Julie Ann Taylor.

Ai is voicing Ibuki?

♥♥♥

Can't wait to watch it now. Will have to wait till later though.

Labrys

YIPPEE ☆ KAI YAY

Due to the video quality, I can't make heads or tails of most of the unknown VAs. Though i'm 98% sure that Ibuki is voiced by the lovely Julie Ann Taylor.

She did a lovely job as Holy from JJBA so I'm excited to hear her in this. Same as you though, I can't tell any of the other unknowns.

I guess that'll have to be enough to tide me over until release!

Anyways, finally getting around to seeing the HQ Another Episode scans, the characters seem like they translate to 3D pretty damn well. And apparently, the shot of the Monokumas with DR1 characters's hair are from special attack animations Toko can trigger. There are seemingly a bunch of them.

also hiroko hagakure is exactly how a member of the hagakure family should look and i love it

awwww ibuki's intro got hella nerfed

Still, liking what I'm hearing. And, of course, I'm sure that I'll grow more accustomed to them as time goes on, and as I hear lines other than awkward introductions.

also really worried that teruteru's voice will enamor me to him

PK Gaming

Akane is Wendee Lee
Mikan is Stephanie Sheh
Ibuki is Julie Ann Taylor
Peko is ????
Mahiru is ???

Source: I'm the Ultimate Listener

Nachos

The dub sounds solid, at least. I'm still really iffy about Bryce voicing Nagito, but JYB sounds better as Hajime than I thought he would. Everyone else more or less fits, but I can't help but feel that Wendee Lee was miscast as Akane, which is going to be a problem, no matter how good her performance will likely be. It sounds like they're also going with a different take on Teruteru, too. He sounds less like a kid trying to act cool and more like a teenage dork.

I take back what I said about Gundam, though. The clip they used in the trailer didn't sound so hot, but his introduction sounded great.

Akane is Wendee Lee
Mikan is Stephanie Sheh
Ibuki is Julie Ann Taylor
Peko is ????
Mahiru is ???

Source: I'm the Ultimate Listener

Totally called Stephanie Sheh. She's basically been pigeon-holed as the voice actress for characters who are "Japanese shy." Don't know about Peko or Mahiru, but Monomi/Usami's Rebecca Forstadt, who's returning to dubbing after taking a hiatus for a few years (can't remember if one if the old threads covered that).

Labrys

Speaking of Gundham's voice actor, I had the opprotunity to watch the dub of Jojo (as I said earlier), but he did a really good job as Avdol, and I can hear the tone in Gundham's voice, which is fitting imo

PK Gaming

I'm quite pleased with the voice cast overall

Hits
Hajime: JYB absolutely nails that that opening. You can really feel the passion and intense adoration in his voice. Looking forward to his voice work during the trials.

Chiaki: *swoon* You guys. YOU GUYS. You have no idea how happy I am right now. Christine is like the perfect counterpart to Kana Hanazawa. She hits the perfect sweetspot between spacey and spirited. ♥

Miss
Nagito: I've bitched about his ENG voice countless times, and I don't think i'll ever come to appreciate it. He isn't even *awful* but he doesn't come close to matching Ogata's outsanding Nagito. He sounds far too ordinary to be Nagito.

Fuyuhiko: Oh god. Oh god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Talk about a miscast of epic proportions. I've already expressed my distaste for voice cast in general, but jesus christ. Go and compare the 2 introductions; it's like night and day. There's no nuance or aloofness to him. Steven Derek Prince pretty much made him sound a like such a dweeb 100% of the time.

Totally called Stephanie Sheh. She's basically been pigeon-holed as the voice actress for characters who are "Japanese shy." Don't know about Peko or Mahiru, but Monomi/Usami's Rebecca Forstadt, who's returning to dubbing after taking a hiatus for a few years (can't remember if one if the old threads covered that).

Hahahaha, yeah same here.

Though to be honest, I think I would have preferred if Sheh was cast as Peko (as a nod to Sailor Moon). I guess beggar's can't be choosers.

kewlmyc

I'm quite pleased with the voice cast overall

Hits
Hajime: JYB absolutely nails that that opening. You can really feel the passion and intense adoration in his voice. Looking forward to his voice work during the trials.

Chiaki: *swoon* You guys. YOU GUYS. You have no idea how happy I am right now. Christine is like the perfect counterpart to Kana Hanazawa. She hits the perfect sweetspot between spacey and spirited. ♥

Miss
Nagito: I've bitched about his ENG voice countless times, and I don't think i'll ever come to appreciate it. He isn't even *awful* but he doesn't come close to matching Ogata's outsanding Nagito. He sounds far too ordinary to be Nagito.

Fuyuhiko: Oh god. Oh god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Talk about a miscast of epic proportions. I've already expressed my distaste for voice cast in general, but jesus christ. Go and compare the 2 introductions; it's like night and day. There's no nuance or aloofness to him. Steven Derek Prince pretty much made him sound a like such a dweeb 100% of the time.

Though to be honest, I think I would have preferred if Sheh was cast as Peko (as a nod to Sailor Moon). I guess beggar's can't be choosers.

As much as I want to hate Bryce's Komaeda, I think I'll have to wait till his crowing moment of awesome in Chapter 1 before writing him off. And I hope Fuyuhiko is better that he sounds right now.

Nachos

I'm actually a little off-put by how they're trying to Americanize the pronunciations, too. It wasn't as noticeable in the first game, but for some reason, it's much more easy for me to pick up on here. Chances are, they had to tell the actors how to pronounce the names anyway, so why not use more accurate ones?

As much as I want to hate Bryce's Komaeda, I think I'll have to wait till his crowing moment of awesome in Chapter 1 before writing him off. And I hope Fuyuhiko is better that he sounds right now.

Yeah, that'll be the real trial by fire for him. There's no way he's going to top the Japanese performance – the nature and even culture of low-budget, "anime-tier" voice acting in the states simply isn't conducive towards that. It doesn't help that Ogata said herself that Nagito was the most challenging character she's ever portrayed. Every condition of said type of voice acting is going to be working against him, but I'm hoping he can put out a good one in his own right.

That would be a nice nod, but I honestly don't know how well that'd work in practice. I'm just not sure if her voice type would be a good fit.

And for the record, I think Derek was pretty good casting, but I just don't think the direction was there to back him up. He's been voice acting for anime since the '90s, so it's clearly not an issue of him lacking the chops.

PK Gaming

One last chance!
That would be a nice nod, but I honestly don't know how well that'd work in practice. I'm just not sure if her voice type would be a good fit.
I ultimately agree with you, but for the sake of argument I think her Peko would be decent if she used a lower, harsher range when voicing her (IE: Mineva Zabi from Gundam Unicorn, Tharja/Kjelle from Fire Emblem awakening). It would come down the voice director, but I think she could pull it off. Not perfectly mind you (and the person who currently voices Peko IS a better fit) but she could it.
HeavenSmiley said:
And for the record, I think Derek was pretty good casting, but I just don't think the direction was there to back him up. He's been voice acting for anime since the '90s, so it's clearly not an issue of him lacking the chops.
I definitely respect Derek as an actor, but his is voice simply does not suit Kuzu. He's great at doing slimeball, nerdy and underdog type characters and that doesn't mesh with Kuzu. Conversely, his seiyuu voices bishonen leads & cool protagonists. The disparity is massive!

Lusankya

I'm actually a little off-put by how they're trying to Americanize the pronunciations, too.

It's just really strange that the transcription was developed by an English man, but if you pronounce it in English it's just totally wrong. In most other European languages (e.g. pronouncing it in German) you're actually pretty close to the correct pronunciation.

Btw. do you pronounce the "mae" in "Komaeda" like the "mae" you here after the names of bus stations (locations where you drop off)?

Edit: Sorry, actually wanted to edit my earlier post.

More important than Komaeda's questionable fashion sense, I like how they gave him a glove to hide his Junko hand.
And also, that should confirm that it's truly him, and they're not trying to deceive us like with the Komaeda/Makoto thing. But it could actually mean exactly the opposite.

How did I miss this thread till now anyway?

Labrys

And also, that should confirm that it's truly him, and they're not trying to deceive us like with the Komaeda/Makoto thing. But it could actually mean exactly the opposite.

How did I miss this thread till now anyway?

tumblr_nav8i8YYPS1sqju2mo3_1280.png

His name is "Servant", it could be someone else. Or something. Stranger things have happened.
even if it isn't him im going to hate the servant too i can feel it

Top Bottom