• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

PK Gaming

Ya'll are

blog-fish-jump.jpg

Our owl won't let us down, BELIEVE

trixx

charizard, blaziken, swampert, infernape, greninja

grass has had zero good starters lol

Mega Venusaur is dope better than Charizard.

Okay...

1) We don't know what Popplio's stats are so this could very well be a Gen V where all starters are shit.

2) Who the frick are you to make demands of people?
didnt mean to make it sound like a demand, chill. Asking about post game. if it aint there I'm out.

A defensive decidueye might still be useful with a different strategy. Something like spirit shackles to lock them in and then drain them with leech seed and will o wisp

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Serperior is good though

Using Snivy in-game though was the worst experience ever, I basically swore off Grass Starters after that---Chespin was a great return to form, but now I'm breaking my "Grass first" rule and going with Litten.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still think Crabrawler's evolution occurs when it levels up atop that Ice Mountain, the leaker should try that when he gets there.

That urchin leaked on the Sun TCG-set so I'm wondering if it's Sun Exclusive while the water spider in Moon Exclusive. They have slightly different distribution when it comes to what islands they appear on but considering they're both seemingly two-stage Water-types right next to each other I could see that happening.

He hasn't replied if Crabrawler has the ??? shadow which tells if it evolves or not, so there's that.

i mean your not wrong but i always figured blaziken stayed as popular as he did was thanks to competitive use you could also say something the same about greninja and his early comp helped him out

i'm not saying it's the only reason for a pokemon getting popular but it does look like it does help its it to some degree

was Sceptile big back in Gen 3 meta

Using Snivy in-game though was the worst experience ever, I basically swore off Grass Starters after that---Chespin was a great return to form, but now I'm breaking my "Grass first" rule and going with Litten.
Snivy in game just had a shit move pool, I imagine decidueye line will be much more versatile due to being duel typed and changing type

MiTYH

At this rate I'm doing the opposite. I'm a fire-starter first, and was thinking of switching over. Now... I just don't know. Might have to stick with Litten after all

Not sure if I did it right, but Trumbeak's attack is base 93 max. It's probably around that as well since EVs/IVs wouldn't influence much at level 15 and Pikipek's attack in the datamine was base 75.

UberTag

The absence of Contrary and its movepool makes starter Snivy a painful experience. No question about that.

Watch Da Birdie

They weren't joking about money being easy to get in this game, dude has 46,592 after only 4 hours.

Ya'll are

blog-fish-jump.jpg

Our owl won't let us down, BELIEVE

I couldn't agree more. First form starters stats sucks! News at 11.

I don't judge stats till the final evo.

Now if Decidueye speed stats are suck ass...

>_>

Edit: I fear that the poor fishy in that pic won't make the jump!

:(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Okay...

1) We don't know what Popplio's stats are so this could very well be a Gen V where all starters are shit.

2) Who the frick are you to make demands of people?

this post bothers me because it never takes consideration of Litten's stats

lol spoken like someone who never used bellyzard

pfft, who needs bellyzard when staryu rains supreme!

ryan13ts

Speed isn't everything, there's plenty of good slower Pokemon, the key is knowing how to utilize them (Although a good movepool is a necessity, and a good A/HA goes a long way).

Don't let them talk shit about you Robinhoot, you're still my starter no matter what...

charizard, blaziken, swampert, infernape, greninja

grass has had zero good starters lol

Charizard? Dude stealth rock made him useless in the meta until X and Y.

I mean all those pokemon are good but you don't really seem them used competitively all that much at least before mega evolution with the exception to Blaziken because of its hidden ability.

trixx

Speed isn't everything, there's plenty of good slower Pokemon, the key is knowing how to utilize them (Although a good movepool is a necessity).

Don't let them talk shit about you Robinhoot, you're still my starter no matter what...
yeah most people are just messing around. Could still be really good, still don't know it's hidden ability, final stats, move pool etc.. Guessing it's going to have a really diverse move pool though.

UberTag

I'm not afraid of having a slow team since Greninja will be my main, Decidueye could have 1 speed and I'm still using it.
They're not going to let you have a super-charged, high-level Ash-Greninja right from the get-go unless they want the game to be super-broken. What fun would that be?

Watch Da Birdie

Of all the days I volunteered to go to work...

Oh well, I hope when I get back we learn if Crabrawler really evolves, the Type of the Water Spider, and that Charjabug despite evolving so late is decent to use.

They're not going to let you have a super-charged, high-level Ash-Greninja right from the get-go unless they want the game to be super-broken. What fun would that be?

What makes you think they won't? Didn't the xy or as/or, I forget which give you a high level glalie that you could use from very early on?

They did let me get a Bagon and a Torchic with HA from day zero, both broke the game. I don't see that changing now.

GoldStarz

Serperior is good though

Serperior is in OU for Contrary and ONLY for Contrary. If it had a less powerful ability it would be hanging out with it's fellow starters in the lower tiers.

this post bothers me because it never takes consideration of Litten's stats

I said Popplio specifically because the person I was responding to mention Primarina. Personally, I'm not going to be using my starter since I don't really like an of the final evo designs, I just hate people acting like high-and-might idiots just because they feel validated in their starter choice when in reality they could have it just as terrible.

Speed isn't everything, there's plenty of good slower Pokemon, the key is knowing how to utilize them (Although a good movepool is a necessity, and a good A/HA goes a long way).

i mean the main problem with that is grass/ghost isn't a great defensive typing heck grass isn't a great defensive typing as a whole, i'm sure it's gonna get a good movepool and getting a good HA can go along way

it's just i don't think it's gonna be very good if it ends up being defense based in the end

True, but I don't want someone clicking on the thread by accident and instantly being spoiled

you could put them all in a imgur album and leave the link in the OP, and just update it every time something new is shown

Gestahl

They did let me get a Bagon and a Torchic with HA from day zero, both broke the game. I don't see that changing now.

Japanese ORAS just gives you a lv5 Mew with trade boosted exp if you have the vc Pokemon games. I've barely used it and it's still my highest leveled with exp share. GF don't give a fuck about what you do to the game's balance

I find it funny that this will be the second time that I recall getting a Pokemon game and using an old starter. X/Y happened the same thing, Torchic was my main while Chespin was the backup.

Japanese ORAS just gives you a lv5 Mew with trade boosted exp if you have the vc Pokemon games. I've barely used it and it's still my highest leveled with exp share. GF don't give a fuck about what you do to the game's balance

That's a sweet bonus.

Top Bottom