• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I'm confused - I thought Persona 4 Golden was just a portable version of Persona 4 with a new subtitle. Is it significantly different from the original version? It's only been a couple of years since the original, surely?

New inserted character, several new events, more fan service, extended story. yeah this is just extreme milking now.

--

I guess there is a chance p3 the answer is animated too now, I'd actually watch that because I never bothered playing it :p

or better p3 with femC animation!

No Game No Life waifu breakdown.

Steph
Former princess and Sora/Shiro personal playtoy. Pure bully material.

Shiro
Sora's sister. Representing
fake incest
and cuteness incarnate alike.

Clammy and Feel
Human
slave
and a Elf
owner
. Both have been friends for a long time.

Jibril
Angel with hax powers that will soon make her proper appearance. One of the strongest contenders for title of Best girl.

Izuna
Werebeast/
Kemonomimi
girl who has a rather
bad mouth
. Pure
jailbait

And a masochist mermaid queen, who might not make an appearance this season.
This information is accurate BUT mermaid queen will probably be something like "one appearance" at the end.
Either way the whole cast is maximum waifu material ... I can't pick a favorite.

Gatchaman wa Usagi 4

-Wait, they're just accepting that
Tippy talks
?
What are you talking about ? How would you make a divination if you couldn't talk ?

300% logic.

raven777

here is the key visual art
teaservisual01ekj3f.jpg

official site

Acosta

NO dont drop Jinrui that would be a huge mistake. It was one of the best shows of that season and even that year. Its weird but theres reason behind the madness. Its a very unique and fresh idea for a show and your patience should be rewarded.

hahaha, thanks Cajun, no I won't drop it. I have actually watched episode 3 (madness, lol). I still have no idea of what's going on but I will keep watching it, I plan to see how far goes the rabbit hole.

I like a lot the colour of the series, and I'm enjoying the cynic nature of the main character. I also love the OP, it´s quite hypnotic.

Doing an adaptation of a remake (which already had a pretty accurate adaptation) seems like one of the most shameless cases of milking I can think of in recent memory.

Defuser

Another Persona 4 animation? Atlus is milking this shit dry. Oh well the King of swag have return.

Oh please oh please retain Yu Narukami's deadpan swagness.

cnet128

Banned
Persona 4 The Golden Animation airing on July

by A-1 pictures

5363BA204177B60020

5363BA224151540016

Aw hells yeah. I never actually got around to watching the original P4 anime, and knowing that there would be none of the Golden stuff in it was one of the reasons for that. I'm totally in for a Marie anime.

survivor

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 3

Liked what they did to connect these past 2 episodes with the first one showing a different perspective of the hostage situation. On the other hand, I'm not too keen on this becoming a superhero show, but who knows where this story will go. I have been disappointed with the visuals so far. Backgrounds look ugly and cheap and so do the characters in a lot of the scenes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
On the other hand, I'm not too keen on this becoming a superhero show, but who knows where this story will go.

If it does, I think it'll be rather low key (until the obligatory power escalation of course).

It's not going to Hunter x Hunter on us at any rate.

It'll be like Mirai Nikki, but with less time travel and yanderes, and stabbing.

30k-ish per volume seller is good enough reason to force reboot in 2 year I guess

Man Persona has gotten really popular. I wonder if it's enough to be more popular then SMT itself + it's other spinoffs or even pass it's lifetime sales.
I think if Final Fantasy continues it's downward spiral then SMT/Persona can take it's 2nd place position pretty easily, atleast in Japan.

Yall gotta good point. I cant honestly say for sure because I didnt see the region code when I watched it. But its up to Aniplex where they want it to be seen and they mainly seem to just want to keep it out of Japanese hands for reverse import reasons.
I'm home now and I can't see any region code on the box. HOWEVER, I've found about 10 online sources telling me it will work on a UK BR player and 0 telling me it won't, so that's good enough for me!

What was so bad about the first P4 animation? I watched it while I was in the middle of P4G and it seemed pretty true to the game. Although I haven't finished P4G after watching the animation.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So Persona 4 gets yet another series to add in a few bits from the Vita version, while P3 continues to get the movie treatment?

Works for me, since we can safely ignore P4.

fertygo

LMAO, this is great addition.

So Persona 4 gets yet another series to add in a few bits from the Vita version, while P3 continues to get the movie treatment?

Works for me, since we can safely ignore P4.
Your logic is great, sir.

Since P3 actually adapt far less content with that format.

I'll happier as fan for lengthier TV anime than 3 movie for adaptation format.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jojo Stardust Whatever 05
This shit is so lazily written and choreographed. There is just no excitement here and the cast keeps growing without really justifying the existence or importance of who has already been assembled.

phaze

What specifically makes you nitpick this plotpoint (do not read Psyhco or anybody else currently watching)
I thought the whole point of their relationship was that Kiritsugu had such specific ideals that in order to willingly accept that the woman he loves needed to be sacrificed by him, he needed to do a horrible thing such as cheat on her so he could see himself sacrificing her. He didn't really feel any love putside of mentor/trainee for what's her face. She knew her feelings for him were selfish as well. It was a fucked up relationship but Kiritsugu doesn't exactly have the most proper ideals on right and wrong either. The marriage as a whole is messed up to. He knows that he needs to succeed so his daughter doesn't go through the same thing. The two people he loves most in the world are to be a sacrifice for this whole fucked up war

Fate/Zero spoilers:
I have to say I didn't even thought about it that way. Did you by any chance read the light novels the show was based on ? :p Because I swear either I blacked out/ couldn't read between the lines during all the relevant scenes or they simply were not there in the anime. After that kiss in episode 3 we had a few Kiritsugu-Maiya, Kiritsugu-Irisviel and Irisviel-Maiya scenes but none of them, as far as I can remember, spelled out or even implied the bolded part of your post. Which is why I took issue with that plot point as I thought the nature Maiya-Kiritsugu relationship and Emiya's real feelings remained confusing and unexplained till the end.

Mushishi S2 - 5

This was an effective, if obvious look at depression and the kind of hold it can have on one's psyche. How the dilemma was resolved could have easily gone down a shmaltzy road, but as always, they nail it in a grounded fashion. I don't know what this dude is on about, though. She's clearly better off without him.

Whoever's doing the background art this season is continuously killin' it as well.

Selectoer Infected WIXOSS 5
So now drama. Really seems stupid to withhold that from the Selectors. Well maybe now Ruko can put Akira in her place

cajunator

Banned

Nothing for the US :(

hahaha, thanks Cajun, no I won't drop it. I have actually watched episode 3 (madness, lol). I still have no idea of what's going on but I will keep watching it, I plan to see how far goes the rabbit hole.

I like a lot the colour of the series, and I'm enjoying the cynic nature of the main character. I also love the OP, it´s quite hypnotic.

Its one of the more original series youll see. From the art to the music it stands out.

Railgun S vol. 2 radio CD covers are cute

Liking the 5th Love Lab radio CD cover as well:

THAT FANG

I'm home now and I can't see any region code on the box. HOWEVER, I've found about 10 online sources telling me it will work on a UK BR player and 0 telling me it won't, so that's good enough for me!

I wish you luck my friend!

Date A Live S2 4
Well, Shido is cooler now that he can summon Tohka's sword. I hope we'll see a lot more of Yoshino in the next arc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've had a lot of experience when doing grad school. Pretty much 9/10 musical terms had to follow this format because everything came from Europe.
Crescendo!

Cake fiend.
Cake is delicious!

Jesus, they're milking this to high heaven.

Yet, STILL NO FEMALE MC WTFBBQ.

JaJa's Kooky Quest 05, in Which I Learn Avdol's Necklace is also His Earrings

BEST CRUSADER HAS FINALLY JOINED THE CREW, WITH POSES
HUIKPJ6.jpg

OH MAN SILVER CHARIOT WHY DO YOU LOOK SO COOL IN THIS
iUHJv08.jpg

It'd been a while since I read Stardust Crusaders, I can't even remember if they even fought in a Garden. And I like how they Kakyoin says "HIS STAND IS DESTROYED BUT HE IS OK" even though this is promptly changed later that if your Stand is fatally damaged you die as well.
This is also BY FAR the most Shonen part of JoJo, and I never really realized it until now. In this episode, you have Joseph saying "RUN AWAY AVDOL IS GOING TO USE """"THAT"""", Polnareff and Avdol casually trading power explanations, Kakyoin and Joseph Speedwagoning it up with explanations and commentary in the background and NOT HELPING, and ability names.
This also had a very early view of Pet Shop on DIO's shoulder that I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom