• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC x Adachi romance S-link when??

ijyGhGb.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5:

At least we reach a battle that actually matters and is important and having money to animate it is a good thing. Even though these battles are so far only one episode there is no doubt that they are shonen battles since every damn move gets explained.

Mushishi 5
One of the relatively weakest episodes of this season of Mushishi. But you know, still very decent in comparison with a "normal" anime!

PingPong 4
Yep, you could notice easily the lower quality in both visuals and animation smoothness. I wonder if after the first episodes which usually have more budget, this is going to be the new normal. I hope not.
That said, both matches were interesting and even more interesting how it reveals the message of the series, how some people obsesses with the sport as if was the only thing in life and... it isn't. In this case
Wenge will return to a normal but less prestigious life where he can see her mother, in the other hand we have the big guy from the high school obsessed with winning.

JoJo 5
Cool stand and abilities, and great poses. I approve. And yeah, this is pretty shounen.

jgminto

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 5
im2B6LCrEiY0C.png

Yessss, that Polnareff Lean, so fabulous. Pretty great episode, loved Joseph grossing out at the tentacles and that early Petshop addition is awesome, it was just a parrot in the manga. People disappointed by the explanations don't really need to worry, it isn't too common outside of that fight. Speaking of the next fight, it has one of the best Jotaro moments, can't wait to see it next week.

jgminto

So the announcement was just the new anime? Why Golden? Wouldn't it be a lot of repeated stuff? Why not do Arena if you're doing more P4?

cnet128

Banned
So the announcement was just the new anime? Why Golden? Wouldn't it be a lot of repeated stuff? Why not do Arena if you're doing more P4?

Probably saving that for the next time they think to themselves "You know what? We haven't milked Persona 4 enough yet."

Gotta plan ahead.

survivor

Banned
One Week Friends 4

This memory gimmick is really losing its emotional pull with each episode, this really would have worked better as a movie. There is only so much "I don't remember you" shocked faces I can take before I stop caring.

Link Man

Banned
The Eccentric Family 1

Taking the concept of "The Trap" up to 11.

Well, that was certainly interesting, and I found myself becoming absorbed in the world.

cnet128

Banned

Yep, that battle was shonen as fuck. Although it's very Jojo that the show didn't resort to the Talking Is A Free Action trope, instead having both characters explicitly pause after each attack to offer each other polite explanations. Because that's how real men fight! XD

Polnareff's posing was also by far the most extravagant we've seen in the entirety of the JoJo anime thus far. So, so fabulous.

Yep, that battle was shonen as fuck. Although it's very Jojo that the show didn't resort to the Talking Is A Free Action trope, instead having both characters explicitly pause after each attack to offer each other polite explanations. Because that's how real men fight! XD

Polnareff's posing was also by far the most extravagant we've seen in the entirety of the JoJo anime thus far. So, so fabulous.

More so then THIS
awaken-my-masters.jpg

LMAO, this is great addition.

Your logic is great, sir.

Since P3 actually adapt far less content with that format.

I'll happier as fan for lengthier TV anime than 3 movie for adaptation format.

Well both movie and anime adaptions have negatives and positives. But I for one would rather have a movie adaption because the visuals are way better than an anime adaption, and since it's by A-1the visuals aren't going to be great. And who the fuck wants Marie such a terrible tsundere. And also it's not like the previous Persona 4 adaption was any great especially the visuals.

Gundam 00 S2 - 1

The hell's going on here?

Okay, first of all, YO DAMN AT DAT EXIA COMEBACK SCENE. Seriously, reminded me of that scene with the Black Getter in Getter Robo Armageddon. sogood.gif

So I'm just going to guess that these A-LAWS people are a big military faction that's...evil some how? And Louise is also part of it too? Please second episode, give me some explanations!

HHNNNNGGGGHHH that OP at the end. Part of the reason why I'm watching 00 is cause I love the second seasons' first OP.

Wait, Lockon? How is he...wait, a twin? WELL THAT'S STUPID. What the hell is point of killing off Lockon in the first season if you're just going to replace him with his twin brother and give him the EXACT SAME GUNDAM?!? Thanks for making the badass death of one of the best characters meaningless guys!

It's only just begun hasn't it?

CorvoSol

New inserted character, several new events, more fan service, extended story. yeah this is just extreme milking now.

--

I guess there is a chance p3 the answer is animated too now, I'd actually watch that because I never bothered playing it :p

or better p3 with femC animation!

We don't deserve a Persona 3 Portable anime yet. Not while kids still reject Famke for being too cheerful.

Gundam 00 S2 - 1

The hell's going on here?

Okay, first of all, YO DAMN AT DAT EXIA COMEBACK SCENE. Seriously, reminded me of that scene with the Black Getter in Getter Robo Armageddon. sogood.gif

So I'm just going to guess that these A-LAWS people are a big military faction that's...evil some how? And Louise is also part of it too? Please second episode, give me some explanations!

HHNNNNGGGGHHH that OP at the end. Part of the reason why I'm watching 00 is cause I love the second seasons' first OP.

Wait, Lockon? How is he...wait, a twin? WELL THAT'S STUPID. What the hell is point of killing off Lockon in the first season if you're just going to replace him with his twin brother and give him the EXACT SAME GUNDAM?!? Thanks for making the badass death of one of the best characters meaningless guys!

It's only just begun hasn't it?

Yes, yes it has only just begun.

To answer that spoiler:

Exia Repair is awesome and was probably the best thing about S2 overall.

If you've watched Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam then you'll probably get who the A-LAWS are like.

It took me a while till I started liking OP3 although it came through in the end. I like all of 00's OPs, they're great!

Lockon's twin was briefly seen at the end of S1, blink and you'd miss it basically. It's stupid and makes doesn't do the series any favours at all.

Narag

To answer that spoiler:

Lockon's twin was briefly seen at the end of S1, blink and you'd miss it basically. It's stupid and makes doesn't do the series any favours at all.

It did give us hilariously awkward scenes with Feldt at least lol

yami4ct

P4: Golden The Animation feels super duper unnecessary, even as a huge Persona nut. The one hope I have for it this time is maybe we'll get some decent animation since A-1 is doing it. The crappy battles were the only thing that really bugged me about the original P4 animation.

But, there is almost no way A-1 is going to throw their A-team on this, so who am I kidding? Half of the animation will be gorgeous and the other half will be barely comprehensible.

Pooya

ウルヴァリン

Nice harem you've there Logan, good thing best girl won, or did she?

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 5

That was really nice and has left me optimistic for the rest of the series, particularly the Dio's World stuff.
Remember when we were worried about CG stands? :lol

P4: Golden The Animation feels super duper unnecessary, even as a huge Persona nut. The one hope I have for it this time is maybe we'll get some decent animation since A-1 is doing it. The crappy battles were the only thing that really bugged me about the original P4 animation.

But, there is almost no way A-1 is going to throw their A-team on this, so who am I kidding? Half of the animation will be gorgeous and the other half will be barely comprehensible.

First 3 episodes are going to look great and then the rest is gonna go downhill but let's just hope for the best.

To answer that spoiler:

Exia Repair is awesome and was probably the best thing about S2 overall.

If you've watched Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam then you'll probably get who the A-LAWS are like.

It took me a while till I started liking OP3 although it came through in the end. I like all of 00's OPs, they're great!

If I had to rank the Gundam 00 OPs so far, it would be:

OP3 > OP1 > OP2.

I have yet to hear OP4.

Gundam 00 S2 - 2

All right, this is pretty good, in fact this is reminiscent of 00 S1's quality. Especially with that last fight scene at the end.

So basically the A-LAWS are a bunch of guys that are just going to kill off whomever they don't think is fit for the new world after the creation of the Federation? I've never watched Zeta Gundam, so that's the only logical conclusion I could come to with what was stated in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom