• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 05

7QqNqgK.png

Polnareff is so ballin'

Chaika The Coffin Princes 4

Really enjoyed this episode until the end, normally I love more party members but having
Dominica turn into Fredica a dragon loli just made me sigh
still a really awesome show regardless.

cajunator

Banned
Taking bets on whether the Nature Valley twitter PR rep gets a raise or gets fired for tainting the brand's image by attracting thousands of creepy people.

It depends on if sales pick up a little, but really how creepy can anime fans be? they dont even go outside or talk to actual people. The biggest threat is them yelling at you for insulting their waifu.

Chaika The Coffin Princes 4

Really enjoyed this episode until the end, normally I love more party members but having
Dominica turn into Fredica a dragon loli just made me sigh
still a really awesome show regardless.

That was the best part!

Articalys

Jojo Stardust Crusaders ep.5

And with the first big fight of the series, it's jumped back up a few spots on my ranking list.
Still kind of wished they'd kept on Hiroaki Hirata as Polnareff from ASB, but Fuminori Komatsu is doing a fine job so far.

Mushishi Zoku Shou ep.5

I'm actually proud that I managed to figure out what happened before they explained it.
On a random note, one of my favorite parts of a Mushishi episode is the end, where the music starts up during the last bit of the episode just before the credits

Eusis

JOJO ULTIMATE POSE OFF. ARE YOU A POSER? WIN JJBA MERCHANDISE.

This is a thing I'm legitimately considering taking part in.
Man, I'm kinda disappointed they changed the covers, though at least SCEA quickly abandoned that dumbass PS3 blue banner switch. I suspect that had more to do with consumers or even retailers getting confused than fan outcry though.

Oh, forgot to mention I watched Diebuster: The Movie awhile back and... meh, still a disappointment after the original, though this definitely felt like it was hurt by rushing things along. Mainly wanted to see it just to find out what new animation there was, but I think it was just stuff early on to make the condensing a bit more coherent.

Anyways I have Area 88 out from Netflix, and didn't realize the first set was the 1985 OVA and film rather than the 2004 TV series. I looked online and saw the TV series got a lukewarm reception though and is barely talked about instead of the OVA, so I'm curious if that's worth bothering with or not after the OVA?

No Game No Life 4

Man is Sora one hell of a charismatic leader and a really great speaker. One fine protagonist I must say and also cute Shiro too. The visuals are really handled splendidly, props to MadHouse. That reference was also nice and Steph getting bullied is funny. Can't wait till next week.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
there is no decent mystery/psychological/suspense/horror type anime running atm or from last season?

Try Mushishi S2, even if it might not exactly match what you're looking for. It's a mystery anime in a sense with some low-key horror elements that simply rely on the incomprehensible otherness of the titular entities rather than shock or gore.

Articalys

I have the entire series but haven't actually read any of them yet. All I can say is that the Suicidal Mime manga is one of my all-time favourites.
Well, I ended up getting the first LN volume (which is Suicidal Mime) to basically get to the free shipping point, so if I like it I'll probably get the rest of the series at the next Yen Press sale.
Persona 4 The Golden Animation airing on July

by A-1 pictures
Seems excessive, but they'll probably rake in the cash from it.

Are they basically just whoring out P4 because P5 is still a ways off but they need to keep more new stuff coming from the franchise? Is P4 more popular than P3 just because it's the latest one? There was a huge release time gap between P2 and P3 but only a couple years between P3 and P4; is that part of it?
You guys seen Nature Valley's Twitter lately? Whoever is running it seems to be an anime fan.

madp said someone asked the nature valley twitter pr person who their favorite love live was and they responded like a real anime fan

here's a source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-right-with-some-granola-bar-social-media-fun
Wow, they really took that random burst of attention from Wednesday and ran with it, huh.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Man, I'm kinda disappointed they changed the covers, though at least SCEA quickly abandoned that dumbass PS3 blue banner switch. I suspect that had more to do with consumers or even retailers getting confused than fan outcry though.
Wait, what?

Now I'm just gonna have this one blue game on my shelf. Dangit.

Skinpop

Try Mushishi S2, even if it might not exactly match what you're looking for. It's a mystery anime in a sense with some low-key horror elements that simply rely on the incomprehensible otherness of the titular entities rather than shock or gore.

I watched the first one, loved it. Not exactly what I'm looking for but I'll watch it in the coming weeks for sure.

Black Bullet 26

Man that was a great finale to season 1, I guess I missed the remaining 22 episodes but damn that final episode was packed. The plot hooks for season 2 have me really excited, hopefully it'll be ready for the fall season
/s

Nanana's buried Treasure 1

I guess getting a touch of Gods territory for the sacrifice of your shoulder is worth it. Anyways it seems interesting for me to keeping watching.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't have any blue case games but PS3 shelving was already a clusterfuck. Because I have OCD, mine is like:

[old PS3 cases][GH old PS3 cases][new PS3 cases][Move banner PS3 cases][GH new PS3 cases][LEs grouped by width]

Same thing happened with PSP games, too.

P.S. Spiderman font cases looked better.

NeonZ

there is no decent mystery/psychological/suspense/horror type anime running atm or from last season?

M3 is a mecha show, but also seems to be trying to go with a mystery/suspense/supernatural atmosphere, with the enemies seemingly being some kind of ghost-like entities so far, although the first two episodes really haven't stood out.

duckroll

Mushishi S2 - Episode 5

The backgrounds this week were extra good. The characterization had a pretty interesting conclusion too, considering the short scope of the story. It seems to suggest that
it wasn't really love she was feeling, but an infatuation instead. But I do agree, Ginko is pretty hot!
:D

Articalys

Wow I really fell behind on Precure episodes. I just kind of lose motivation to watch it after seeing everyone else discuss it, which doesn't seem to happen for any other show. Probably has to do with the fact that it's the only show people watch as it airs.

Ep. 12
ss1uM9l.png

Sho Minamimoto what are you doing here
Sure wish they got to be this silly more often.

santeesioux

It depends on if sales pick up a little, but really how creepy can anime fans be? they dont even go outside or talk to actual people. The biggest threat is them yelling at you for insulting their waifu.

It's all fun and games until the Nature Valley twitter account starts tweeting about nice boats, tentacles, and the cutest imoutos.

Nanana's Buried Treasure 2

Man so far the best girls are Tensei and Nanana. I mean you got to like a detective and a ghost girl as they are truly waifu material. Aside from that the episode was pretty funny and good.

Finalow

Mushishi S2 - Episode 5

The backgrounds this week were extra good. The characterization had a pretty interesting conclusion too, considering the short scope of the story. It seems to suggest that
it wasn't really love she was feeling, but an infatuation instead. But I do agree, Ginko is pretty hot!
:D
yeah I wanted to take a shot of the lake too, they did a great job with that forest. since
her parents said something like "oh it's happening again" I didn't believe that it was love from the beginning, I guess she was in some sort of teenage love crisis?
nice episode, that ending scene with her and Ginko was hilarious.
*give him back the glass eye and he's gonna be the hottest guy in town.

Eusis

Wait, what?

Now I'm just gonna have this one blue game on my shelf. Dangit.
It's hilarious, why'd they even bother? Though I guess you could replace Deception IV with the Vita or Digital version (and the only other two games I know of for sure that have it, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends and MLB 14 The Show are or will be on PS4 AND Vita)

. . . Is the silence on Area 88 2004 damning for that series, or was I just not noticed asking about its quality versus the OVA?

Nanana's Buried Treasure 3

Who would of thought Mr. President would be a dick in the end after all. Though that was a nice moment with Tensei.

jgminto

Mushishi Zoku Shou 5

A simple yet effective episode. The stunning backgrounds and sound direction really helped to nail the eerie nature of the Mushi this episode. The view on teenage emotions and their fickle nature was quite interesting also and yes, Ginko is quite an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom