• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

If I had to rank the Gundam 00 OPs so far, it would be:

OP3 > OP1 > OP2.

I have yet to hear OP4.

Gundam 00 S2 - 2

All right, this is pretty good, in fact this is reminiscent of 00 S1's quality. Especially with that last fight scene at the end.

So basically the A-LAWS are a bunch of guys that are just going to kill off whomever they don't think is fit for the new world after the creation of the Federation? I've never watched Zeta Gundam, so that's the only logical conclusion I could come to with what was stated in this episode.

They're the equivalent of Zeta's Titans, ostensibly an elite peacekeeping force.

Quasar

P4: Golden The Animation feels super duper unnecessary, even as a huge Persona nut. The one hope I have for it this time is maybe we'll get some decent animation since A-1 is doing it. The crappy battles were the only thing that really bugged me about the original P4 animation.

As a non game playing who liked the show I do wonder what the point besides money is. And even then couldn't the golden content just be inserted into the existing show and then resold?

Would be cheaper.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi Zoku-shou 5

I think this may be my favourite episode of the new series so far. Simple, but so, so effective. I had legit shivers running down my spine during the whole scene where the mushi was
slowly walking up and reaching out to take her place
. And the very end reminded me of the best episode of the first season. You know which one I mean.
Episode 21. There's something really great about these endings where Ginko amicably "tames" these mushi that have been trying to harm people, taking their side in a way even as he firmly prevents them from having their way with humans.

More importantly, though... Multiple men have led this sweet girl on and then left her? How could they? brb cursing my own gender. Men can be such assholes. Come to think of it, I guess this is the new series' first real instance of human beings being just plain awful. Still not quite up to the heinous levels that some despicable individuals reached in the first series, but I'm sure we'll get there.

At any rate, I hope this girl finds someone who isn't an asshole in the end =/

The best OP is Ash like Snow, because Brilliant Green rocks. If you disagree, you're wrong. Etc.

Nope, the best OP is Daybreak's Bell by far! It's so classy and fits 00 perfectly. I will say however that OP4 is my least liked of the four openings.

A Love Both Fleeting and Eternal is my favourite 00 opening because I heard it in the opening to Gundam Extreme V.S. Full Boost, and I don't know, it just sort of stuck with me. It was catchy, fast, and it got me in the mood to see a bunch of Gundams fighting.

cajunator

Banned
Another few updates on my blog:

Both Oreimo locations I visited:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/oreimo

Steins;Gate - Shrine Location:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2014/05/steins-gate-shrine-location.html

And Gundam Front Tokyo with the big Gundam statue:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2014/05/gundam-front-tokyo.html

I'll post more Steins;Gate stuff later. Hopefully tomorrow.

Did you map all these out before visiting? how did you know where they were?

I love when murata draws majin bone
BmqdVlrCcAAOwVQ.jpg:large

Jintor

JoJos 06

I was basically thinking "This is so fucking stupid, how awesome" throughout the entire thing, but the transition to credits was REALLY well done. Rouuuuuuuuuuundaaaaaaaboutttttttttttt

Holy shit did they really develop Makoto's character in Persona 3 Movie, as shown through those clips in the stream. I am really excited for it, especially for my favorite protagonist Makoto and not Persona 4 Golden Animation because screw Marie and Yu.

Did you map all these out before visiting? how did you know where they were?

I sorted them by location at least. Near/in Osaka, Near/in Kyoto, west of Tokyo and east of Tokyo. I actually didn't plan to visit the Steins;Gate locations, but looked it up after I had visited all those other locations.

I've linked to the blogs where I found info about the locations in each post I made. I think the first one I searched for was the Lucky Star shrine after I watched the DVD extras where the voice actors visited the place. Found more Kyoto Animation locations at the same time and then I guess I got interested in going myself.

cajunator

Banned
madp said someone asked the nature valley twitter pr person who their favorite love live was and they responded like a real anime fan

here's a source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-right-with-some-granola-bar-social-media-fun

Thats marketing genius right there.

I sorted them by location at least. Near/in Osaka, Near/in Kyoto, west of Tokyo and east of Tokyo. I actually didn't plan to visit the Steins;Gate locations, but looked it up after I had visited all those other locations.

I've linked to the blogs where I found info about the locations in each post I made. I think the first one I searched for was the Lucky Star shrine after I watched the DVD extras where the voice actors visited the place. Found more Kyoto Animation locations at the same time and then I guess I got interested in going myself.

Thats a lot of work but something I would also do if I visited.

iavi

As a non game playing who liked the show I do wonder what the point besides money is. And even then couldn't the golden content just be inserted into the existing show and then resold?

Would be cheaper.

The Golden content could fill an OVA or two. Doing a whole 'nother series for it is mad. I'm hyped. But it's mad, nonethless.

I say this as someone who like the original P4 airing. A lot.

Hopefully the comedy is kept intact. If the original series nailed anything, it nailed that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Blade & Soul - 05

I am really questioning what their motive was for getting this greenlit besides the obvious marketing for the game's release in Japan. The lack of classes and races getting attention, the lack of fight scenes, not to mention ignoring the beautiful world this game takes place is fucking absurd. I'd rather them not make an adaption at all if they were going to treat the game like this. Goddamn. :(

Link Man

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 6

ioIAq5xS0IvcB.jpg

Brown Miyako, the holy grail of cute girls.

So yeah, this was a pool episode. I'm starting to feel that Hiro's a bit one-note, though, and she's the weakest character for me so far.

Thats a lot of work but something I would also do if I visited.

Only took a few hours to do the actually planning, but then again I didn't plan everything in great detail. Didn't prepare match shots beforehand or anything like that.

Have taken longer to post about my visits than planning them. :p

Jintor

It's kinda funny how Dio is hilariously arrogant and full of himself but can't help but fall into traditional evil overlord behaviour for no particular reason other than the show he's in

Future Card Buddyfight! Episode 18: Menacing Duel Sieger!
tumblr_n4z2yaQXki1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Martial Arts Dragon Emperor, Duel Sieger is an incredible card, but how many times did we really need to see the same moments repeat itself with Genma. Shido gave funny moments while some of the dub lines were hilarious yet again, the writers always puts the best contemporary touches in it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Taking bets on whether the Nature Valley twitter PR rep gets a raise or gets fired for tainting the brand's image by attracting thousands of creepy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom