• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I was listening to the Anime Limited podcast a few months ago and they were talking about how back in the day distributors in the US thought that Heat Guy J was going to be the next big thing akin to Trigun and were bidding crazy prices to get it and a ton of people got burnt on that deal, like majorly so. A boom happened around Trigun and it got a ton of bids but managed to recoup its money in the end. Hopes were that Heat Guy J would be the next Trigun but fell flat on its face. Pretty funny, would never have thought that people would be putting that much stock into a show like that looking at it from a glance, was it ever well received/good? I just think that the name is funny personally :p

Apparently the norm that the US pays is as much as $50k and sometimes more per episode when acquiring series. Apparently 'nostalgia' series that aired in the 80's and such can be the most expensive to get a hold of but they usually break even. The head of Anime Limited also used to work at Beez Entertainment and when asked what is the most expensive acquisition he's been a part of he specifically alluded to his French branch of Anime Limited as being is most expensive for him, and although he never named names that would point to releases such as Cat's Eye, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island, Space Adventure Cobra and Ie Naki Ko. Films are the most risky. Makes sense.

Just a random hodgepodge post while the heat continues to kill me. Pray for javac.

I remember really liking Heat Guy J but it seems I have a minority opinion. Hearing that ti cost as much as FMA to acquire is a HOLY SHIT moment though O_O

PK Gaming

Gatchaman Crowds 1-2
Sh7WyXP.png
UpHcXhu.png
Oh god check this out

This anime is basically doing what it wants and having the time of its life

GATCHAMAAAAAN GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAN GATCHAMAN ♪

Kekkai Sensen 10-11

We finally got info on who White and Black are: Children of powerful mages who are total dorks. I mean who takes there children to go see Scanners only to criticize it for it's inaccurate portrayal of psychic abilities. Blacks origins also reflect how Leo's Sister gave up part of her body for her siblings sake. I hope White doesn't die, I really love the relationship she has with Leo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, this only adapts the first novel as that's what was written when they made a proposal to the publisher. Ishihara/Hanada included other stuff such as the depth on Natsuki/Yuko from novel 2 and a great homage to novel 3, but it was purely novel 1 material. There's two novels left and a lot of shorts if they chose to adapt those.
Ah, from your talk about the yuri junk and the novels, I just assumed that the anime was finished with the series.

Did they
win the nationals
in the anime? If not, then I presume that's the next step.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm rewatching the first couple episodes after dropping GC and I'm reminded as to why I dropped it in the first place.

Watching Hajime is like watching someone with autism.

I'm rewatching the first couple episodes after dropping GC and I'm reminded as to why I dropped it in the first place.

Watching Hajime is like watching someone with autism.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I said the same thing when I was watching it and cajun just kept telling me "she doesn't have it"

Now I know I'm not crazy

cajunator

Banned
My AOTS is Houkago no Pleiades, but i don't think many gaf people even watched this show.

Btw Summer looks like will have many crazy shows, by crazy i mean the show(s) will either become trainwreck or multi-track drifting.

I need to catch up on Pleiades. Its really cute but ultimately inconsequential. Not one of my watch priorities.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 0

We bane now

i dont know if I like this.

Hibike! Euphonium 13 (END)

Lovely performance and a great show all around. Ponytail Kumiko > Your best girl

There were lots of other members that hair awesome hair too, too bad the show didn't really devote any time to them.

Feel bad for Kumikos friend on the other school. Looked like she was all alone in contrast to all the support Kumiko got from her band.

Ponytail Kumiko is a top tier waifu. One of KyoAni's best!

New anime based on Japanese mythology and spirits announced. Hakone-chan.

It kinda reminds me of Kannagi

Ok that sold me immediately.

She has something. Maybe not autism but ADD but she's definitely has something.

Edit: I take it back she probably does have some autism. lololol

she's in her own little world like the majority of the show and doesn't seem to take social cues. She's gone way past extroverted.

This is from what I remember obviously, I might be wrong. But lord knows I ain't rewatching unless there's a Gatchaman Crowds Hajime-less edition.

Jarmel

Banned
she's in her own little world like the majority of the show and doesn't seem to take social cues. She's gone way past extroverted.

This is from what I remember obviously, I might be wrong. But lord knows I ain't rewatching unless there's a Gatchaman Crowds Hajime-less edition.

It's not just social cues but basic stuff like "If you walk there you die". It's like she isn't capable of a normal train of thought and her mind just jumps around like a hyperactive bunny.

Hibike Euphonium 13

A bit of a disappointing ending. Hit the expected plot points but didn't do it in a particularly memorable way. I did like the fist bumps. Doesn't really change my opinion of the show overall, though, it's still the best thing to air this season.

Euphonium End

God damn am I going to miss this show. Easily the best thing KyoAni has done since Hyouka. (Not that thats a high bar, but this show is great on its own merits).

The pacing, tension, and direction this episode were all on point. Now to hope this show has done well enough for KyoAni's standards so it can get a second season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hajime is Raylan and you are Duffy.

(I need to rewatch Justified or something. Why is Gintama the only thing that approaches the sheer awesome masculinity of that show?)

They got to be in the nationals from winning whatever regional event this was, which would be a S2 story assuming it happens.
Oh, so it still makes sense in the grand scheme of sports stories. That's fine then. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom