• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

She has something. Maybe not autism but ADD but she's definitely has something.

Edit: I take it back she probably does have autism. lololol

Yikes, pretty harsh dude.

You do realize there's an autism spectrum, yeah? Like, I've actually got a sibling that has it, and apart from not acting at all like Hajime, it's a pretty serious developmental disorder. Not a catch all term you use you to describe someone who acts remotely flakey.

This is a good post.

Going with my OG list

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Slowly Being Taken Over by Mobage
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Now Waiting for Diamond is Unbreakable
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| Prison Thread for Masochistic Pigs

Jarmel

Banned
Yikes, pretty harsh dude.

You do realize there's an autism spectrum, yeah? Like, I've actually got a sibling that has it, and apart from not acting at all like Hajime, it's a pretty serious developmental disorder. Not a catch all term you use you to describe someone who acts remotely flakey.

Her mental structure isn't normal. That's beyond 'flakey'.

The situation is fairly serious and it seems she's either incapable or unwilling of accepting that fact.

cajunator

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 1-2

Oh god check this out

This anime is basically doing what it wants and having the time of its life

GATCHAMAAAAAN GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAN GATCHAMAN ♪

yeah I love the carefree attitude of the show. It doesnt really take things seriously. Everything is flamboyant and free!

I'm rewatching the first couple episodes after dropping GC and I'm reminded as to why I dropped it in the first place.

Watching Hajime is like watching someone with autism.

Thats why I love her so much! I can relate to her zaniness.

Cornbread78

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] Why do we need suntan lotion anyway?

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] Funi ruined our summer

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] Just show us the boobs already

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] Bathing suits optional

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] official GAF Monster harem lifeguards

Summer Anime 2015 [OT] I suck at this..

I got nothing to contribute except a dumb ass one.
Summer Anime 2015 IOTI Here are some napkins. (For the bleeding noses, not masturbation)

Started Utena 01-05, me gusta so far. I did like the other stuff he did so I'll probably like this.

Quasar

Hmm. Apparently due to me being a early subscriber of Animelab they are sending me a box of anime crap. How crappy it will be I have no idea.

PK Gaming

Her mental structure isn't normal. That's beyond 'flakey'.

The situation is fairly serious and it seems she's either incapable or unwilling of accepting that fact.

Maybe

I haven't watched much of GC so I can't be too sure, but from what I've seen I definitely wouldn't call her autistic. She's reckless, impulsive and carefree, but she's pretty good at communicating with others (if episode 2 is of any indication.) How she acts is pretty much inline with the show's style in general, so it's hardly something I would call as serious either.

In any case, autism generally isn't a good word to describe someone. I hate to get on your case about it, but it's not something you want to throw around.

Narag

Maybe

I haven't watched much so I can't really be sure, but from what I've seen I wouldn't call her autistic. She's impulsive and carefree, but she's pretty good at communicating with others if episode 2 is of any indication. How she acts is pretty much inline with the show's style in general, so it's hardly something I would call as serious either.

In any case, autism generally isn't a good word to describe someone. I hate to get on your case about it, but it's not something you want to throw around.

It isn't, she operates at her own speed and figures things out well before both the characters and the viewers manage to without every having an inclination to share. The show can feel exhausting because of this as we're constantly trying to catch up to her.

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe

I haven't watched much so I can't really be sure, but from what I've seen I wouldn't call her autistic. She's impulsive and carefree, but she's pretty good at communicating with others if episode 2 is of any indication. How she acts is pretty much inline with the show's style in general, so it's hardly something I would call as serious either.

She has some sort of mental disorder, obviously I'm not a psychologist so I can't specify which disorder this fictional character has in this fictional setting. Walking over a bottomless pit after someone tells you it's dangerous goes beyond impulsive. Not to mention elements like letting the dangerous cube/alien thing go just on the possibility it might be sentient. Or things like drilling holes in your leased(?) apartment the day you move in.

wonzo

Banned
summerigufo.jpg

Jex

Fear not, disappointed yuri fans, Doomed Megalopolois is a show that can cater to your unfulfilled needs:

pzyznmcgae.gif

PK Gaming

It isn't, she operates at her own speed and figures things out well before both the characters and the viewers manage to without every having an inclination to share. The show can feel exhausting because of this as we're constantly trying to catch up to her.

I was specifically referring to the network she set up for the GALAX meeting and the fact that she's on good terms with a ton of people. Autistic people generally struggle to make friends and it's difficult for them to have conversations with other people. So far, Hajime's character runs counter to that.

She has some sort of mental disorder, obviously I'm not a psychologist so I can't specify which disorder this fictional character has in this fictional setting. Walking over a bottomless pit after someone tells you it's dangerous goes beyond impulsive. Not to mention elements like letting the dangerous cube/alien thing go just on the possibility it might be sentient. Or things like drilling holes in your leased(?) apartment the day you move in.

I disagree, but the bottom line is that none of that really justifies casually throwing the term autism around as a joke.

Jarmel

Banned
I was specifically referring to the network she set up for the GALAX meeting and the fact that she's on good terms with a ton of people. Autistic people generally struggle to make friends and it's difficult for them to have conversations with others. So far, Hajime's character runs counter to that.

It doesn't seem she has any real close friends and she does have issues communicating with others. For example in episode 2, she could have simply explained that she thought the MESS was intelligent and so was against just killing it.

None of that really justifies casually throwing the term autism around as a joke.

I'm not casually throwing the term around. Multiple people have mentioned it long in advance.

Not to mention it is played up for laughs inside the show.

cajunator

Banned
It's not just social cues but basic stuff like "If you walk there you die". It's like she isn't capable of a normal train of thought and her mind just jumps around like a hyperactive bunny.

Jumping around like a hyperactive bunny is great exercise.

My mind pretty much works the same way, which is why I can handle my job even on the craziest days.
it certainly helps when you have multiple tasks to accomplish if you cant focus on one thing.

PK Gaming

It doesn't seem she has any real close friends and she does have issues communicating with others. For example in episode 2, she could have simply explained that she thought the MESS was intelligent and so was against just killing it.

What? Characters who don't explain their motivations in the middle of a fight are a staple in anime, and like I said she was able to set up a network of sorts and doesn't really have trouble talking to people in general. The conclusion you came to from those examples is extreme. Way too extreme.

I'm not casually throwing the term around. Multiple people have mentioned it long in advance.

Edit: I take it back she probably does have autism. lololol

Now you're just being disingenuous.

Jarmel

Banned
What? Characters who don't explain their motivations in the middle of a fight are a staple in anime, and like I said she was able to set up a network of sorts and doesn't really have trouble talking to people in general. The conclusion you came to from those examples is extreme. Way too extreme.

She had ample time to explain afterwards when everybody was questioning her.

Now you're just being disingenuous.

BECAUSE I JUST SAW HER RANDOMLY WALK OVER AN INVISIBLE BRIDGE THAT SHE DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED!

javac

Hajime is kawaii.
I've not seen the show but I just saw a clip of her rubbing a card on her face while blushing and talking funny, thus kawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom