• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Can we at least agree that Hajime is an interesting character that should at a minimum be appreciated because she takes some of your expectations and subverts them in ways you don't often see in anime and thus represents an interpretation of the "genki girl" that is perhaps more realistic and more human even if that may make her somewhat off-putting?

That was a long sentence

PK Gaming

She had ample time to explain afterwards when everybody was questioning her.

(shrugs)
BECAUSE I JUST SAW HER RANDOMLY WALK OVER AN INVISIBLE BRIDGE THAT SHE DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED!

That doesn't imply autism. Stop conflating irrational, quirky behavior with autism! Are you just... unwilling understand what sort of disorder it is? Google. That. Shit.

duckroll

I have it on good authority that there is a major BONES announcement at AX which has a banner hanging on the LA Convention Center right now.

Jarmel

Banned
I have it on good authority that there is a major BONES announcement at AX which has a banner hanging on the LA Convention Center right now.

They don't even have staff at the convention. Space Dandy movie?

Edit: It's probably the Pacific Rim anime done by B-Studio. AX has made a big deal this year about expanding and reaching into Hollywood.

2nd Edit: Sho Aikawa is there. Oh no.

Jintor

yo i'm sitting in the staffroom and this teacher rocks up and puts down a projector, plugged his ipad into it and now is testing some kind of safety PSA/game which appears to be a freaking visual novel about internet safety

VISUAL NOVELS

IN EDUCATION

we made it gaf

ibyea

Banned
Can we at least agree that Hajime is an interesting character that should at a minimum be appreciated because she takes some of your expectations and subverts them in ways you don't often see in anime and thus represents an interpretation of the "genki girl" that is perhaps more realistic and more human even if that may make her somewhat off-putting?

That was a long sentence

Yeah, while I don't particularly like her, as in if I met her in real life I would be driven mad, she is a great character, and she is a lot smarter and thoughtful than I gave her credit for in my first impression.

Sound! Euphonium 13 [END]
cIS1nPX.png

Anime of the Season.

This was a great point to close out this season of the show. The entire episode was animated wonderfully. It was in perfect sync with the music. The performance itself was fantastic. The techniques used by the students was masterfully done. The way even the dust was animated. This episode was something that could've made or break the show. Thankfully it elevated the show to new highs. This is now a serious contender for Anime of the Year but I really don't think it will dethrone Your Lie in April for me. Regardless, this was a perfect episode to end the series on if they don't decide to continue. I am very glad I decided early this season to pick this up because of how much I love KyoAni works and they didn't disappoint. I hope another season is in the works.

duckroll

Looks like I might have to pick up a noose before I head to AX. Please no.

Please no.

http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b199501.html

In this tokusatsu magazine which was released in May, there is an interview with Aikawa where he talked about a big new project called Chojin Genso (Superhero Fantasy), which is supposed to be some sort of Watchmen-like alternate history contemporary thing with Japanese style superheroes instead.

Jarmel

Banned
http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b199501.html

In this tokusatsu magazine which was released in May, there is an interview with Aikawa where he talked about a big new project called Chojin Genso (Superhero Fantasy), which is supposed to be some sort of Watchmen-like alternate history contemporary thing with Japanese style superheroes instead.

Hopefully that's not related to whatever BONES is announcing. It being a B Studio production would make me even saltier.

tusr has gone mad on twitter and claims he won't post the new thread until 5 animegaffers band together and defeat him in dota 2

There has to be enough people here to gather a group, only crazy people like Dota and only crazy people like anime, there should be overlap!

Your Lie in April 11 [REWATCH]

Who knew you could make Charlie Brown quotes melancholy and sad?

There was one moment I couldn't get a picture of to post and that upsets me a little. Regardless, this episode had so much that it did right. Introduces new characters that are immediately likable, Kousei finding what drives him and some exceptional character growth on Kousei and even Kaori to a certain extent. And of course, the episode has many get shots. I don't want to get too picture heavy so I am just posting a few pics above from the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom