• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

kamspy

brain_stew said:
I'd much rather just use Comrade, works great and creates an install link, boxart and keycode of new purchases when I make them.

Bought CIV IV for £5 great deal considering it includes both expansion and Colonization.

Commrade didn't jive for me at all.

The first thing I do when I buy a game from D2D, GFWL or Gamergate is set it to launch through Steam anyways. If I don't I'll forget I own it. Happened with Condemned. Was getting my Chaos Theory key from the D2D site after my W7 install and said wow, I own Condemned. :lol

Shaneus

brain_stew said:
I could gift it to you?

Just PM me for my Paypal address if you're interested.
Oh, it's no big deal (and I'm not as stressed about it as I was with GTA4) I'm just frustrated that something by all rights should be available for cheap here isn't.

I didn't know you could gift stuff. Would anyone in the US be able to gift me Romance of the Three Kingdoms please? I can send the money through Paypal.

panda21

i only just noticed the change regions thing at the top.

can you buy US stuff from the UK with your credit card or do you have to use paypal? is it one of those things where you can use your paypal account to pay by credit card??

Karram

brain_stew said:
There's three different stores (UK/EU/US) you know? Or I could gift it to you.
None of them work. I wish you could but the problem is the country I live in doesn't support PayPal so I can't create an account.

Goldrush

Anyone having problem install caesar iv? There aren't enough space for the activation key.

Edit: After installing ROTKXI, I believe there is a seperate cd key for caesar iv. However, I don't know where to find it.

panda21

how strange.. i bought Risen from the US store a day or two ago just by changing my region in the drop down box, and then buying it on my account using paypal.

just tried to do the same with romance of the three kingdoms and it says its IP restricted so I can't buy it?! but risen isnt even in the UK D2D store and i bought that fine.

did i just luck out with risen or what? strange that they would ip block some games but not others.

is RotTK XI banned in the UK or something? :lol

Kerrinck

panda21 said:
how strange.. i bought Risen from the US store a day or two ago just by changing my region in the drop down box, and then buying it on my account using paypal.

just tried to do the same with romance of the three kingdoms and it says its IP restricted so I can't buy it?! but risen isnt even in the UK D2D store and i bought that fine.

did i just luck out with risen or what? strange that they would ip block some games but not others.

is RotTK XI banned in the UK or something? :lol

They always ip block me when I try to buy a game from a different region although I just tried to buy Risen and it did not get ip blocked.
Let me know if you still want RotTK, it is not blocked in here.

legend166

So I bought the Arma collection when it was on sale and I'm horrible at Arma 1. Should I just skip it and go on to ArmA II?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Bought Civ IV yesterday, finally. I've seen that on sale at a similar price so many times before. But being that this has everything with it i couldn't resist.
Played it a little, really need to give it some time i think, off the bat it wasn't quite my cup of tea but it was pretty much what i expected. A bit more playtime and more understanding of the game is what i need.

Nabbed The Saboteur, i was so hyped for that game but being a cheapass gamer i had to wait out for a good price.

Salacious Crumb

I guess D2D is to good for my dirty Australian bucks...

I'm now convinced that steam is the biggest DD platform, not because it offers the best value, but because it actually allows people to buy games. Fuck me D2D get your shit together, you're the one that has to pressure fuckhead publishers into offering their games in more than 3 regions.

RAGE.

19Kilo

Week 4:

Mass Effect 1 + 2 Bundle - $34.95
Aion - $24.95
Titan Quest Bundle - $4.95
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $9.95
Sid Meier's Pirates! - $4.95
Civilization 4: The Complete Edition - $9.95
SimCity Societies - $9.95
Swat 4 Gold - $9.95
Fallout 3 - $14.95
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.95
Divinity 2 - $29.95
Chessmaster 9000 - $4.95
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $4.95
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - $8.95
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - $9.95
Trine - $4.95
Guild Wars Nightfall - $14.95
Grand Ages Rome - $9.95
AI War Fleet Command + Zenith Remnant Bundle - $9.95
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold - $4.95
Dark Fall Lost Souls - $4.95

19Kilo

Dipswitch said:
Nothing I want this week. Safe until next weeks list is announced.

This is the final week.

I'm thinking about Majesty 2 and Grand Ages: Rome. Got that city building game itch.

Dipswitch

19Kilo said:
This is the final week.

I'm thinking about Majesty 2 and Grand Ages: Rome. Got that city building game itch.

Well then I got off light with only 3 games bought so far! Backlog stabilizing........

19Kilo said:
Week 4:

Mass Effect 1 + 2 Bundle - $34.95
Aion - $24.95
Titan Quest Bundle - $4.95
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $9.95
Sid Meier's Pirates! - $4.95
Civilization 4: The Complete Edition - $9.95
SimCity Societies - $9.95
Swat 4 Gold - $9.95
Fallout 3 - $14.95
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.95
Divinity 2 - $29.95
Chessmaster 9000 - $4.95
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $4.95
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - $8.95
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - $9.95
Trine - $4.95
Guild Wars Nightfall - $14.95
Grand Ages Rome - $9.95
AI War Fleet Command + Zenith Remnant Bundle - $9.95
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold - $4.95
Dark Fall Lost Souls - $4.95

Fuck me!!!! will it never end!!!

If you havent played Defense Grid, it is fuckawesome, the definitive tower defense game IMO

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Defense Grid is amazing. It also activates on Steam, for those weird Steam only fuckers.

Anyways, I'll probably pick up Bloodlines. Last time I played it it was broken as fuck, and I don't own a copy so I haven't been able to try it out with all the patches and shit.

NoName#1

Neo Member
This seems like a great time to pick up Mass Effect 1 + 2. Although I so far only have Steam games so is it likely that Steam will have Mass Effect 2 on sale soon to counter the D2D sale?

garath

NoName#1 said:
This seems like a great time to pick up Mass Effect 1 + 2. Although I so far only have Steam games so is it likely that Steam will have Mass Effect 2 on sale soon to counter the D2D sale?

I'm holding out for the same thing. I prefer having it in steam if possible. Still need to beat Mass Effect 1 anyways lol.

panda21

EU:Rome G-Edition and Majesty 2 sound tempting...

maybe Raven Squad for the lulz... (the voice acting is fantastic)

oh i just noticed mirrors edge (£3.95 or something) and R-Squad are on the US list :p

panda21

Just got round to installing Civ 4, anyone know how I MSVCR71.dll on windows 7 64? compatibility mode didnt help.

Andvary

Could anyone please gift me Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines? I have a code for Lead and Gold on Steam I can give in exchange. Send me a PM.

19Kilo

I ended up grabbing Majesty 2, Grand Ages Rome, and EU: Rome Gold. Wraps up a pretty nice little promo, now my backlog will never be conquered! :lol

Top Bottom