• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

Phloxy

http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/spring-sale/

U.K store
http://www.direct2drive.eu/promos/spring-sale/

Week 4: *Props to user 19Kilo for the week 4 list*

Mass Effect 1 + 2 Bundle - $34.95
Aion - $24.95
Titan Quest Bundle - $4.95
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - $9.95
Sid Meier's Pirates! - $4.95
Civilization 4: The Complete Edition - $9.95
SimCity Societies - $9.95
Swat 4 Gold - $9.95
Fallout 3 - $14.95
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - $19.95
Divinity 2 - $29.95
Chessmaster 9000 - $4.95
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $4.95
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - $8.95
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - $9.95
Trine - $4.95
Guild Wars Nightfall - $14.95
Grand Ages Rome - $9.95
AI War Fleet Command + Zenith Remnant Bundle - $9.95
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold - $4.95
Dark Fall Lost Souls - $4.95

Lothars

I posted in the Digital Distrubution Thread with this info but I'll repost it here

Direct 2 Drive Spring Sale

Check it out, guys! Up to 83% off!!!
As a bonus, if you spend $75 or more on D2D between April 12 and May 9, you will automatically get $15 in D2D cash. Link: https://www.direct2drive.com/promos/...learn-more.png

Week 1 deal:
Atari 2010 Spring Bundle - $74.95
King's Bounty: Gold Edition - $14.95
Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold - $9.95
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Combo Park Pack - $4.95
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $4.95
Dark Void - $14.95
Battlestations: Pacific - $17.95
Elven Legacy Complete Edition - $19.95
DCS: Black Shark - $14.95
Fallout 3 (not GotY) - $14.95
Gothic III - $4.95
Downfall - $4.95
King's Bounty: Armored Princess - $8.95
Gun - $9.95
MotoGP 08 - $4.95
Dirt 2 - $9.95
Stalker: Clear Sky - $4.95
Tropico 3 - $14.95
Just Cause - $7.95
Reservoir Dogs: The Game - $9.95
Democracy 2 - $4.95

pr0cs

Lost Fragment said:
Some tempting stuff there...

But you can't mod D2D games, correct?
sure you can, they're basically the digital form of the retail game (in my experience anyway).

D2D is great, probably just behind Steam and often a lot better prices than Steam.

DCS: Black Shark for $15? DONE :D

Lost Fragment said:
Some tempting stuff there...

But you can't mod D2D games, correct?

Sure you can. I've modded Vampire Bloodlines and STALKER just fine, both bought from D2D.

pr0cs said:
sure you can, they're basically the digital form of the retail game (in my experience anyway).

D2D is great, probably just behind Steam and often a lot better prices than Steam.
Yeah I like it too, the new Comrade program also helps a lot too.

Annoyingly I made an account when I bought RF:guerilla a few months back but didn't realise I could have used my main but old gamespy ID, or something, apart from me feeling stupid about using a new screen name it's no problem.

Rufus

arstal said:
Pretty horrible DRM.

I had a game without DRM that got bricked due to D2D DRM- so never using them again.
I din't have any problems with the 10 or so games I've bought from them. I'm actually not aware of any d2d specific DRM.

Dipswitch

Hmmmmm, DCS: Black Shark is calling out to me. I don't think I've ever played any of the flight sims I've bought over the years. Yet I have a perverse desire to support the industry.

GHG

Gold Member
Rufus said:
I din't have any problems with the 10 or so games I've bought from them. I'm actually not aware of any d2d specific DRM.

Thats because there isn't any D2D specific DRM.

Whats The Club like? Its a fiver on the UK store and thinking about biting.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
It seems everytime a great D2D deal thread pops up the haters come flowing in. Ive bought from them pleanty of times. I ALWAYS prefer steam if possible though.

Wish they didnt stop stocking games that can be registered on steam. They got pretty pissed about MW2 having it. They dont stock Metro 2033 either :lol

Yaweee

Rufus said:

I don't think D2D or GG have their own DRM systems. In pretty much all circumstances, the games are basically disc games that have any kind of CD requirements disabled, leaving you with a completely regular "Look at me, I have my own folder in Program Files" type of install. As far as I know, all mods that work with disc games work with the GG or D2D equivalent. The UIs that GG and D2D use are basically just there to list what games you have from them, as a shortcut to help manage downloading the temporary install files.

But there might be problems with OSes, like somebody else said, but that varies from game to game, and isn't really D2D's fault. I'd expect the same exact problems to crop up for GG copies.

EDIT: BUY KING'S BOUNTY GOLD.

$15 for two fairly long, highly replayable games. Though the basic gameplay is the same, the structure for progression in the the two games is different, so even if you don't like one you might enjoy the other.

Or you can just buy AP for $9. I've seen the first KB go as low as $5.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lothars said:
Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold - $9.95
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Combo Park Pack - $4.95
King's Bounty: Armored Princess - $8.95
Kind of interested in these. I plan to pick up Armoured Princess one day...probably wait on it still.

Dipswitch

GHG said:
Thats because there isn't any D2D specific DRM.

I'm not convinced of that. I bought Thief 3 from them a while back and it flat out refused to run on my Vista rig - crashed immediately upon launch. I eventually got a refund after we determined that the DRM hadn't installed successfully, due to the use of virtual folders in Vista.

The retail and Steam version apparently run fine on Vista. What the exact difference is between both versions I'm not sure. But if the original retail version works, I can't see it being the DRM that shipped with the product causing the problems.

panda21

DCS is fantastic.

plus although it has starforce, theres a pretty solid community and the devs seem really nice and are active on the forums, so its safe to assume that you won't have any trouble getting extra activations.

the fact its a crazy dual rotor helicopter makes it even more fun.
http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_427a.html

edit:
as for d2d drm, is it possible they had it before, but ditched it? from what i read on their site it sounds like its now just whatever the publishers put on it.

VALIS

arstal said:
Pretty horrible DRM.

I had a game without DRM that got bricked due to D2D DRM- so never using them again.

:lol There's no such thing as "D2D DRM."

Great sale. Think I'll be picking up a bunch of those RPGs I'm usually standoffish about.

larvi

VALIS said:
:lol There's no such thing as "D2D DRM."

Great sale. Think I'll be picking up a bunch of those RPGs I'm usually standoffish about.

They do require authenticating online with your ID and PW at install time. I consider that DRM, unlike GoG where not even that is required.

Llyranor

shintoki said:
Kind of interested in these. I plan to pick up Armoured Princess one day...probably wait on it still.
I'd definitely recommend NWN2 Gold to you. Even if you skip NWN2 altogether, the expansion is easily easily easily worth that (my favorite story/characters/writing in a WRPG since Planescape Torment).

larvi said:
They do require authenticating online with your ID and PW at install time. I consider that DRM, unlike GoG where not even that is required.
no... they really don't

i've installed my dl of mass effect from them like a million times and never have to bother with anything besides installing a game

speculawyer said:
Meh.

Call of Cthulhu is a game that got good reviews but not much sales love.

Yes.

I want to buy that, Gothic 3 and Downfall but it keeps telling me there's a 3 item limit :/ Maybe I can't count but I'm sure that adds up to 3 :lol Removed one and it still didn't work, I guess I'll try buying them one at a time.

Edit: Oh, you can only buy 3 games every 24 hours? How strange.

Dipswitch

I'm hoping that Manhunt 2 goes on sale as well. I liked the first game, so I'm intrigued by the uncut version of the second one on PC.

larvi

Mr. Spinnington said:
no... they really don't

i've installed my dl of mass effect from them like a million times and never have to bother with anything besides installing a game

My mistake, I was getting them confused with Gamersgate. I just disabled my network card an was able to successfully install a D2D game still so you are correct. Definitely a big plus in my book.

larvi said:
My mistake, I was getting them confused with Gamersgate. I just disabled my network card an was able to successfully install a D2D game still so you are correct. Definitely a big plus in my book.
;D

i'm crossing my fingers steam will counterpoint this sale but i may have to say goodbye to a completely unified library ;p

RedSwirl

Friggin' crap! STALKER Clear Sky is $5. Worth it if I own Shadow of Chernobyl but haven't touched it yet?

I own the Steam version of Shadow of Chernobyl. Clear Sky isn't like an expansion pack that requires the original game in the same format does it? Is it a full sequel or what? What is Call of Pripyat in relation to that?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
RedSwirl said:
Friggin' crap! STALKER Clear Sky is $5. Worth it if I own Shadow of Chernobyl but haven't touched it yet?

I own the Steam version of Shadow of Chernobyl. Clear Sky isn't like an expansion pack that requires the original game in the same format does it? Is it a full sequel or what? What is Call of Pripyat in relation to that?

Both Clear Sky and CoP are standalone games.

pr0cs

larvi said:
that depends ENTIRELY on the game, none of the games I've bought on D2D had this sort of check.

kamspy

arstal said:
Pretty horrible DRM.

OK. Explain. In detail.

I've never had a problem. Over 3 years and 20 games in. Mods, expansion packs from retail (try that Dragon Age Steam owners!), and more.

Will be buying just about everything on sale here except for Dark Void.

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know how to open large .exe files on Vista without it taking almost a whole fucking HOUR to do anything?

larvi

Picked up RC Tycoon 2 pack, Gothic 3 and KB old. I already have boxed copies of RC Tycoon and KB but now have the expansions in additon to the convienience of not needing to dig up the CD/DVD. Gothic 3 I'm not sure about as I haven't played the earlier gothics but I'll give it a shot for $5.

Top Bottom