• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

ToxicAdam

Elven Legacy is fun, but probably not a must have at 20 dollars.

i should really get Tropico 3. I played and enjoyed the original demo, but never bought any game in the series

larvi

Well this is interesting. I installed the CD version of RCT2 that I bought for my daughter and it works fine under Windows 7 64bit, so maybe there's a problem with the D2D installer or possibly added DRM?

Here's the CD version that I bought , it's a little bit more but includes an additional expansion pack:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029QOQ8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Another swing and a miss for the digital only future it appears.

NIN90

ChoklitReign said:
Once again.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is basically a Bioware game (I sense flames incoming) and Gothic 3 is kiiiiiinda like Oblivion but not as open-ended if I recall correctly.

I'd go with NWN2 as it contains the remarkable expansion Mask of Betrayer plus Gothic 3 is a technical mess.

19Kilo

evil solrac v3.0 said:
Comrade front end really brings D2D to the big leagues. getting stalker and maybe tropico (hopefully)

First I've seen of this, looks cool though. D2D has needed a client like this for a long time.

panda21

is this comrade thing just the download manager? because I got that and it just does nothing when i click to download. it opens the manager but then nothing appears in it...

19Kilo

panda21 said:
is this comrade thing just the download manager? because I got that and it just does nothing when i click to download. it opens the manager but then nothing appears in it...

Looks like an upgrade from the download manager - screenshots and features here

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's weird, this Comrade thing doesn't detect all the games I've bought but haven't downloaded.

I guess it's still a new feature they haven't fully worked out?

Rufus

It also doesn't detect all the games that you have bought and installed already, giving you the option to install them again.
I didn't even know this thing existed until it was mentioned in this thread. Uninstalled it after it added all the other non-d2d games I've had installed into its game library, with no way of removing them. The other features I find superfluous. I'll just get the download manager next time I buy a big game from them.

Pikelet

So this 5$ copy of RC2 is worthless? What a fucking joke. I don't happen to have a copy of a ten year old OS either.

ChoklitReign said:
Once again.

While Gothic 3 is most closely connected to Risen, if you enjoyed exploring nature and towns in Oblivion then you should love Gothic 3 since is has Morrowind-esque levels of exploration with multiple cultures and climates.

I just bought Democracy 2 completely forgetting that I already bought it in a Gamersgate sale like 9 months ago or something but just never got around to playing it. Boy, do I feel stupid right now. :lol

Salacious Crumb

Just how much shit does the Gothic III community patch fix.... The dam thing is 913MB, does it add any extra items/NPCs/Land, or is all that bug fixes?

CabbageRed said:
While Gothic 3 is most closely connected to Risen, if you enjoyed exploring nature and towns in Oblivion then you should love Gothic 3 since is has Morrowind-esque levels of exploration with multiple cultures and climates.
Sounds like I'll prefer it to NWN2 then. Does the unofficial patch make it as playable as VTM:B with the unofficial patch?

What the hell is up with Dirt 2? I can't get the game to load past the first splash screen. It crashes every time. Is it some D2D DRM problem or something?

Really annoying. I just want to play the game I paid for.

scitek

BudokaiMR2 said:
What the hell is up with Dirt 2? I can't get the game to load past the first splash screen. It crashes every time. Is it some D2D DRM problem or something?

I bought it yesterday and it's been working fine for me in Windows 7. I'm running in DX11.

Hell I made a vid of it yesterday for shits. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzXPilubI4

Dipswitch

I had a rather shady experience with D2D yesterday. I was wavering as to whether I wanted to buy DCS: Black Shark or not and had gotten to the point where I had added it into my cart. I ultimately decided to hold off for the time being and closed the browser window before clicking 'Buy', intending to make my mind up later on.

Approximately 30 minutes later, I get an email stating that my DCS: Black Shark purchase had gone through! Needless to say, I was significantly miffed that their system had decided to auto purchase what was in my shopping cart, and I briefly considered fighting the charge. I ultimately decided that I was likely going to have bought it anyway, and let it go.

Still, caveat emptor for anyone who occasionally leaves stuff in their shopping carts while shopping around.

Edgeward

BudokaiMR2 said:

Do you have GFW installed? I couldn't get the demo on steam running unless I had the xlive.dll file which is a GFW thing.

scitek

Edgeward said:
Do you have GFW installed? I couldn't get the demo on steam running unless I had the xlive.dll file which is a GFW thing.

^This could be an issue because I think that's when GFW starts up.

Decado

Salacious Crumb said:
Just how much shit does the Gothic III community patch fix.... The dam thing is 913MB, does it add any extra items/NPCs/Land, or is all that bug fixes?
I think with GIII, once you get past all the bugs, you still have to deal with the combat system...

Rufus

Decado said:
I think with GIII, once you get past all the bugs, you still have to deal with the combat system...
I tried, I really did, but I could not get past the first few minutes, even with the community patch applied. I loved Gothic I and II. :( Didn't bother to test the alternate combat option, that might have helped, but I just couldn't be bothered.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, what a great first experience with this service. I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 and installed the original and Mask of the Betrayer and I can't run the damn thing. I keep getting errors telling me to insert the CD.

I knew I should have stayed away from D2D.

Chrysalis

Zachack said:
The initial release was very buggy but there are patches, both official and user-made, that fix most of the problems. You basically need to get the game installed to the point where you have the STALKER Complete Mod 2009 (or whatever it's called). At that point the game is fixed (enough).

I've started the game twice...most recently with Complete 2009. I was supposed to help some guy who was under fire. I did so, but he stayed alert and wouldn't talk to me. Turns out the radius for his alertness was WAY to high and I would have needed to kill everybody within a sizeable area. It was at this point that I realized I didn't have the patience for crap like this. Kudos to people with more patience than me.

Yeah there is something fucked up with the D2D DRM. I had GFWL installed and tried all the patches and everything but no luck at all.

Fast forward today when I downloaded a torrent of the game. The game worked on the first try and nothing was different. I used my key on it and I am having a blast with the game now but I can't believe I had to do something like that.

D2D can die in a fire for all I care. Won't be buying anything else from there.

Rufus

Zefah said:
Ugh, what a great first experience with this service. I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 and installed the original and Mask of the Betrayer and I can't run the damn thing. I keep getting errors telling me to insert the CD.
Did you patch the game(s) before you started them for the first time? You have to run the game at least once before you update it. Search for "Post 12" in this thread: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=560311&forum=116

Manp

Got Dirt 2 for 11,50€, pretty good deal if you ask me... and last time they were on a sale i got Bioshock for 5€.

can't really complain about their service :D

:)

Rufus

Manp said:
Got Dirt 2 for 11,50€, pretty good deal if you ask me... and last time they were on a sale i got Bioshock for 5€.

can't really complain about their service :D

:)
You could have gotten it for 7,something€, if you had bought it in the US store (same account). :D

Diablohead said:
I keep look at buying moto gp 08, last bike game I had on pc was EA superbike 2001 :D which doesn't work on win7 :(
motogp08 :( what a pos. I got it on gamersgate when they did a 5 buckaroos deal on there. not worth it. get a dumpster copy of motogp 2 or 3 instead. those old ones are really nice

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Ok, what the hell is wrong with Dirt2??
I can play Crysis on mid to high settings but I get about 5fps in the menu of this poc...
Is this a known bug with Win7 or what?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Alright guys, so would I get $15 of entertainment out of Dark Void? The game looks like it has some sweet moments, and I have a good tolerance for mediocrity if the game is engaging.

Hit me with it.

Des0lar said:
Ok, what the hell is wrong with Dirt2??
I can play Crysis on mid to high settings but I get about 5fps in the menu of this poc...
Is this a known bug with Win7 or what?
Very strange, Dirt 2 has to be one of the best pc optimised games this gen so far (the latest update improved it even more!) do you have up to date gfx drivers and all that?

I have had no problems with mine and I am on win7 pro x64

John

BobsRevenge said:
Alright guys, so would I get $15 of entertainment out of Dark Void? The game looks like it has some sweet moments, and I have a good tolerance for mediocrity if the game is engaging.

Hit me with it.
I just started it the other day thanks to this sale. I'm surprised, it's actually pretty fun. Art style's essentially "Halo invades Uncharted in the 30's," jetpack works great, and dialogue is Nolan North being Nolan North. I wouldn't recommend using a mouse, since when you're flying your view isn't 1:1 with your mouse, but it works great with a controller. Definitely worth the $15.

Medium settings, no AA @ 900p:

oayjco.jpg

BobsRevenge

John said:
I just started it the other day thanks to this sale. I'm surprised, it's actually pretty fun. Art style's essentially "Halo invades Uncharted in the 30's," jetpack works great, and dialogue is Nolan North being Nolan North. I wouldn't recommend using a mouse, since when you're flying your view isn't 1:1 with your mouse, but it works great with a controller. Definitely worth the $15.

Medium settings, no AA @ 900p:

[im g]http://i44.tinypic.com/oayjco.jpg[/img]
Sounds good, but Nolan North's voice throws me off so much now.

Hmm... fuck it, I'll probably pick it up. I'm in the mood. If I still want to after I eat this lamb in my oven, then I'll know it's right. The futuristic rocketeer aesthetic is awesome to me.

JDS 1977

Banned
Debating Cthullu, but the running away all the time stuff would get me too flustered I think. Plus I just know something else I want more will end up showing up next week.

John

BobsRevenge said:
Sounds good, but Nolan North's voice throws me off so much now.

Hmm... fuck it, I'll probably pick it up. I'm in the mood. If I still want to after I eat this lamb in my oven, then I'll know it's right. The futuristic rocketeer aesthetic is awesome to me.
North actually works in the game, even with "the voice." If you picture this being in Uncharted canon and the protagonist as Drake's grandfather it fits.

BobsRevenge

John said:
North actually works in the game, even with "the voice." If you picture this being in Uncharted canon and the protagonist as Drake's grandfather it fits.
Well, I got it and it's awesome. I can see why at $60 it wouldn't feel worth it, but at $15 it's a damn good deal.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Week 2 sales:

GTA4 - $7.50
Supreme Commander Gold - $7.50
KOTOR - $4.95
ArmA2 - $24.95
Fallen Earth - $14.95
Manhunt 2 - $4.95
Guild Wars Trilogy - $19.95
Star Wars Force Unleashed - $14.95
Total War Collection - $44.95
East India Company - $4.95
Medieval 2 - $7.50
Men of War - $2.50
Men of War Red Tide - $4.95
A Farewell to Dragons - $4.95
Infernal Uncensored - $7.95
Imperium Romanum Gold - $7.95
Tropico Reloaded - $4.95
The Path - $4.95
Capitalism 2 - $4.95
Aaaa! - $1.95
Euphoria - $4.95

19Kilo

Hmm, nothing really jumping out at me. Might look at East India Company and Men of War Red Tide. I have the original on Steam - is Red Tide a standalone expansion?

Top Bottom