• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

Awesome, we get ArmA Gold Collection in the UK for £8.95. Includes ArmA Gold and ArmA 2. Seems like a great deal to me, especially as I don't have either of them.

Baloonatic said:
Awesome, we get ArmA Gold Collection in the UK for £8.95. Includes ArmA Gold and ArmA 2. Seems like a great deal to me, especially as I don't have either of them.

Woah, that's going to be hard to resist.

Edit: Men of War is only $2.50! :lol Wtf!? How can I say no?

rj118

Anyone know if games bought from D2D will work with Games for Windows Live? I mean the ones whose retail counterparts support it of course like GTA IV.

It says on the store page that Men of War doesn't support XP x64 or Vista x64. Could someone confirm this please? Sounds a bit weird for a game that came out last year.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Baloonatic said:
It says on the store page that Men of War doesn't support XP x64 or Vista x64. Could someone confirm this please? Sounds a bit weird for a game that came out last year.
I own Men Of War on Steam, and while I have Windows 7 x64 (Not Vista or XP x64), the game works perfectly. Also, Red Tide for $5? Ooh!

Anyway, must, resist....Manhunt...2....argh!

Stop It

Baloonatic said:
Buy it in Euros (once it works, the link is dead atm), as the price is a bonkers €4.95.

Anyone with half an interest in FPS games, buy this pack NOW.

http://www.direct2drive.eu/promos/spring-sale/

Stop It

Baloonatic said:
Wow. Can I really do that from the UK?
Once the link works, yes.

I have bought many an item from D2D in USD (As it was usually cheaper). As long as the item is in your area, you can pay in whatever currency you like. Beware though, some banks (including mine Lloyds TSB) charge £1 for a "foreign transaction" when I use USD and probably €, so factor a possible charge into the price.

Stop It said:
Once the link works, yes.

I have bought many an item from D2D in USD (As it was usually cheaper). As long as the item is in your area, you can pay in whatever currency you like. Beware though, some banks (including mine Lloyds TSB) charge £1 for a "foreign transaction" when I use USD and probably €, so factor a possible charge into the price.

Well if I pay in euros then I can save on Manhunt 2, ArmA Gold and the Men of War games as well. So it should balance out. Thanks for the tip.

You can just click the "add" button below ArmA by the way and it will go to your cart.

Baloonatic said:
Well if I pay in euros then I can save on Manhunt 2, ArmA Gold and the Men of War games as well. So it should balance out. Thanks for the tip.

You can just click the "add" button below ArmA by the way and it will go to your cart.

You could pay via Paypal if you want to avoid bank charges.

Stop It

brain_stew said:
You could pay via Paypal if you want to avoid bank charges.
D2D does Paypal now? Nice.

Anyway...I own ArmA2 retail but not ArmA 1, I may just buy the pack and give my brother my retail copy....For less than a fiver I shouldn't complain.

Danneee

I really want GTA4 but have heard that it is not very well optimized om PC, my i3/HD5650 laptop can run Crysis at pretty high setting and most other games too. But I have played GTA4 a lot on 360 and I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed with the visual downgrade. What do you guys think?

Danneee said:
I really want GTA4 but have heard that it is not very well optimized om PC, my i3/HD5650 laptop can run Crysis at pretty high setting and most other games too. But I have played GTA4 a lot on 360 and I'm afraid that I'll be disappointed with the visual downgrade. What do you guys think?
GTA4 for the PC is a bit of a resource hog. However, even if you cut down the video specs (resolution & various effects), I suspect it will still be better than the 360 version visually.

Danneee said:

It should run better than the 360 version on a system like that.

Danneee

brain_stew said:
It should run better than the 360 version on a system like that.

speculawyer said:
GTA4 for the PC is a bit of a resource hog. However, even if you cut down the video specs (resolution & various effects), I suspect it will still be better than the 360 version visually.

Oh, it's a buy then! Thanks a bunch guys!

Dipswitch

Manhunt 2 shall be mine tonight - was anticipating that going on sale since last week!

On the fence about GTA IV - it's on my "do want" list, but I wanted it for the Xbox 360 preferably. That and I ultimately want the add-on packs too, so I'm not sure whether to hold off to see if they come out with a GOTY edition. Does it still run like garbage on the PC? I have a Core 4 Quad 2.8GHZ and a 1GB HD 4870 in my machine. 4GB of ram.

Dipswitch said:
Manhunt 2 shall be mine tonight - was anticipating that going on sale since last week!

On the fence about GTA IV - it's on my "do want" list, but I wanted it for the Xbox 360 preferably. That and I ultimately want the add-on packs too, so I'm not sure whether to hold off to see if they come out with a GOTY edition. Does it still run like garbage on the PC? I have a Core 4 Quad 2.8GHZ and a 1GB HD 4870 in my machine. 4GB of ram.

Why on Earth would you want the 360 version when you have a system like that!? It'll be vastly improved experience on your rig compared to the 360 version.

Dipswitch

brain_stew said:
Why on Earth would you want the 360 version when you have a system like that!? It'll be vastly improved experience on your rig compared to the 360 version.

Well, with the Xbox 360 version, I could play it on my 61" HDTV screen with surround sound being piped through my receiver. Mind you, all my PC gear was recently relocated to my finished basement where my AV gear is, so I could conceivably hook my pc up to my Receiver/TV also........

panda21

oh god with these deals this week you are really spoiling us ambassador.

gta iv, arma 2 for sure

need to check up on some of the 1c stuff...

Tokubetsu

Oh yes, time to double dip on GTAIV. (I own it on 360 already with all the DLC but I have a huge chubby for GTAIV).

Infernal is still 8 bucks? Wow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dipswitch said:
Well, with the Xbox 360 version, I could play it on my 61" HDTV screen with surround sound being piped through my receiver. Mind you, all my PC gear was recently relocated to my finished basement where my AV gear is, so I could conceivably hook my pc up to my Receiver/TV also........

If your PC is in the same area... then it is most likely a simple matter of investing in a long cord. I can't possibly imagine why you would prefer to play it on the 360, especially on such a big screen. Play it in a resolution that can actually take advantage of that size and get much higher quality visuals and performance at the same time. I doubt you'll find GTAIV for $7.50 on the 360 either. High-res PC gaming on a massive screen is amazing man. Spend a little bit of cash and take some time to get it set up and you will not regret it.

Dipswitch said:

Then what are you waiting for! :D

Give that HDTV the native content its been crazing all these years. Its only a matter of one cable for full HD video + audio.

Nice, I'll be grabbing Eufloria and AaaaAAaAAaAAaaaa!!1!

I already have GTA IV, KotOR, and Supreme Commander from previous Steam/D2D deals, but these are pretty good prices for those.

Guild Wars Trilogy is also a hell of a lot of game for 20 bucks. Highly recommended if you want a good MMO-ish experience to play with friends, without the ball-and-chain of subscription fees.

panda21

hmm i have GTA episodes in steam, so I guess these won't play together?

can you get the GTAIV radio in episodes? cos mine is weird in episodes, vladivostok is some shitty uk dance music and the crazy dancehall one is gone completely.

panda21 said:
hmm i have GTA episodes in steam, so I guess these won't play together?

can you get the GTAIV radio in episodes? cos mine is weird in episodes, vladivostok is some shitty uk dance music and the crazy dancehall one is gone completely.

They wouldn't "play together" eve if you bough both of them through Steam. You need to buy the Episodes as DLC through GFWL marketplace to get them to share radio stations.

Tokubetsu

brain_stew said:
They wouldn't "play together" eve if you bough both of them through Steam. You need to buy the Episodes as DLC through GFWL marketplace to get them to share radio stations.

Just for the future so I don't forget this, In the 360 version, the disc copy of Episodes got you a bonus or a COUPLE bonus radio stations while the DLC did not. How is this handled pc side?

Dennis

Banned
Baloonatic said:
Completely ridiculous value for money. Best deal ever in gaming history.

19Kilo

Baloonatic said:
And as it was mentioned earlier it's only €4.95 from the European store. Completely insane.

Can those of us in the U.S. buy/play this from the EU store without problems?

Dennis

Banned
Archie said:
Week 2 sales:

GTA4 - $7.50
Supreme Commander Gold - $7.50
KOTOR - $4.95
ArmA2 - $24.95
Fallen Earth - $14.95
Manhunt 2 - $4.95
Guild Wars Trilogy - $19.95
Star Wars Force Unleashed - $14.95
Total War Collection - $44.95
East India Company - $4.95
Medieval 2 - $7.50
Men of War - $2.50
Men of War Red Tide - $4.95
A Farewell to Dragons - $4.95
Infernal Uncensored - $7.95
Imperium Romanum Gold - $7.95
Tropico Reloaded - $4.95
The Path - $4.95
Capitalism 2 - $4.95
Aaaa! - $1.95
Euphoria - $4.95
I don't think I have ever seen so much high-class gaming for so few dollars.

GTA IV has been recently patched and performance is much improved. As a previous owner of the 360 version, I think its safe to say that the PC port is the best version. The shooting is vastly superior and performance is solid on my mediocre system (dual core, 9800gt).

Dennis

Banned
brain_stew said:
You can add AMR 2 + ARMA GOLD for 5 Euros to that list as well! :D

Downloading now.
Please don't get discouraged with the game if it seems strange at first. It plays really different than a regular FPS.

Also, please appreciate the ingame SSAA option plus the option to crank the graphical option so high they will crush any rig in existence.

Yep, this game has both MSAA and SSAA options. I like that.

Top Bottom