• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring D2D sale

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
kswiston said:
Wow, ARMA I and ARMA II for $7 Canadian after exchange. I need to take advantage of the EU/UK stores more often!

You can buy that with a non-EU/UK credit card?

JDS 1977

Banned
sweetvar26 said:
I tried searching to see if I will be able to come up with something but nope, sorry.

Thanks bud,

I'll probably just get the uncensored version anyway. I can always get 1 of the many copies on goozex later to satisfy the packaging whore in me.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Anyone bought the guild wars trilogy know if you're able to add the expansions onto your original copy of the game? I reinstalled my copy last night to make sure my toons were still around and sure enough they are. Only thing that would suck is if the game and expansions in the trilogy are all locked into one super registration code.

Also....more than 4 character slots without paying for additional with the expansions?

Slavik81

sweetvar26 said:
I'm thinking about the Guild Wars, never purchased an MMO, just played a few times at my friend's place and stuff.

How are the graphics for the game now? Are there still people playing this game?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ild Wars/Pre-Searing-GrenthStained-Window.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Slavik81/Best of Guild Wars/NorthernShiverpeaks-Battling.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v... Wars/Pre-Searing-OverlookingWizardsFolly.jpg

GMUNYIFan said:
Anyone bought the guild wars trilogy know if you're able to add the expansions onto your original copy of the game? I reinstalled my copy last night to make sure my toons were still around and sure enough they are. Only thing that would suck is if the game and expansions in the trilogy are all locked into one super registration code.
I'm pretty sure it's just one code. I'm in your boat. >.<

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
Slavik81 said:
I'm pretty sure it's just one code. I'm in your boat. >.<

Well I just found this thread which apparently states that whatever you have would remain and you would just get the benefit of the new content i.e. expansions, goty content, etc. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and make an entirely new account. I could use my one lvl 20 monk to heal my low characters through a bunch of stuff if I dual box the game. I haven't played in over 3 years and I'm coming from WoW so the controls feel weird, but since quitting WoW I'm in an MMO mood and need something to fill the void. This will do until cataclysm lol.

GMUNYIFan said:
Well I just found this thread which apparently states that whatever you have would remain and you would just get the benefit of the new content i.e. expansions, goty content, etc. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and make an entirely new account. I could use my one lvl 20 monk to heal my low characters through a bunch of stuff if I dual box the game. I haven't played in over 3 years and I'm coming from WoW so the controls feel weird, but since quitting WoW I'm in an MMO mood and need something to fill the void. This will do until cataclysm lol.

I just did it tonight. It adds what you don't already have. Just go to "Edit My Account" and add the key. Simple.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
MotorbreathX said:
I just did it tonight. It adds what you don't already have. Just go to "Edit My Account" and add the key. Simple.

I'm literally sitting at the accept screen after choosing to merge the prophecies account with the new trilogy code and it is only saying I will gain 2 additional character slots. Can you confirm that in total I will have 8 available slots and not 6?

Dipper145

How are people buying arma 2/gold with paypal? I use it and it tells me that

"Error: ArmA Gold Collection is Country restricted on your IP."

GMUNYIFan said:
I'm literally sitting at the accept screen after choosing to merge the prophecies account with the new trilogy code and it is only saying I will gain 2 additional character slots. Can you confirm that in total I will have 8 available slots and not 6?

I can't give you 100% as I bought it just before i came to work. However, when I took a quick glance it looked like 6.

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
MotorbreathX said:
I can't give you 100% as I bought it just before i came to work. However, when I took a quick glance it looked like 6.

For anyone that is interested I did a little research and NCSoft reps have been quoted stating that the 2 additional is in error. You will have 8 total slots with the trilogy, whether you're adding it onto a prophecy only account, or an account with the expansions.

GMUNYIFan said:
For anyone that is interested I did a little research and NCSoft reps have been quoted stating that the 2 additional is in error. You will have 8 total slots with the trilogy, whether you're adding it onto a prophecy only account, or an account with the expansions.

Sweet. I have one character. :) That's good though and glad you could find it.

19Kilo

Dipper145 said:
How are people buying arma 2/gold with paypal? I use it and it tells me that

"Error: ArmA Gold Collection is Country restricted on your IP."

Hmm, I didn't have any problems (U.S.). Where are you at?

panda21

arma 2 singleplayer is fucking surreal. i got shot, mysteriously came back to life with some dudes standing with their hands up surrendering next to me, then encountered invisble enemies that according to the hud markers appeared to be about 1 ft tall, and on completing the objectives my ai buddies ran off over the horizon never to return instead of going to the extraction point.

GHG

Gold Member
panda21 said:
arma 2 singleplayer is fucking surreal. i got shot, mysteriously came back to life with some dudes standing with their hands up surrendering next to me, then encountered invisble enemies that according to the hud markers appeared to be about 1 ft tall, and on completing the objectives my ai buddies ran off over the horizon never to return instead of going to the extraction point.

Have you patched it?

panda21 said:
:lol Sounds amazing.

They have raised the price of ArmA Gold back to normal now too. I should have bought it sooner :(

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Week 3:

Civ4 Complete - $9.95
Dawn of War 2 - $14.95
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI - $9.95
Battlefield 2 Complete - $14.95
Star Trek Online - $29.95
The Saboteur - $14.95
Caesar IV - $4.95
Sid Meier's Railroads - $4.95
Torchlight - $9.95
XCOM Complete - $4.95
NBA 2K10 - $9.95
East India Company Bundle - $19.95
Bioshock - $9.95
IL-2 Sturmovik - $4.95
Brothers in Arms Bundle - $14.95
Dawn of Discovery Gold - $34.95
HAWX - $9.95
Everquest II Sentinel's Fate - $19.95
Cities XL Limited Edition - $14.95
Altitude - $4.95

GHG

Gold Member
Bit of a meh week. Only good deal out of those is Civ4 complete.

Will wait to see what next week brings. Only bought The Club and Arma Gold so far. Not as good as steam sales :p .

UrbanRats

What? Civ4 not available for Italy in the EU? :lol WTH?

Anyway, how does those restriction works? I've seen Il-2 Sturmovik on the US store, can i buy it or not?

19Kilo

Error: Civilization 4: The Complete Edition is Country restricted on your IP.

Looks like they've cracked down a bit. Guess I should just feel lucky for grabbing the arma gold deal last week before they fixed it.

Bought SupCom Gold but having problems downloading it. After I get to around 2GB into the download I get an error that stops the download. I guess I need to get the official D2D downloader but I have bought half a dozen games off of D2D and never had any problems.

Anyone else having downloading issues? With my janky-ass home network it is probably an issue on my end

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If I purchase a game from the US that is only available in the US/Can/Mex, can I give it as a gift to someone in the UK?
Edit: and looking at the list for the UK spring sale, can you also do this from the UK to the US.

fresquito

Hi, I've never used D2D, but I've been looking forward to buying CivIV and this is such a good moment. Now, I have some doubts. How's DRM in this place? How many times can I download a game? Can I link my games to Steam? What's good and what's not about D2D?

Thanks in advance.

Roofy

Does anyone know if you can buy Civ4 from D2D and (you get a key im assuming) load it into your steam games list?

i want to bite for that price but i want to keep all my PC games within steam :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Roofy said:
Does anyone know if you can buy Civ4 from D2D and (you get a key im assuming) load it into your steam games list?

i want to bite for that price but i want to keep all my PC games within steam :p

No.

fresquito said:
Hi, I've never used D2D, but I've been looking forward to buying CivIV and this is such a good moment. Now, I have some doubts. How's DRM in this place? How many times can I download a game? Can I link my games to Steam? What's good and what's not about D2D?

Thanks in advance.
D2D adds no additional DRM. You can not link your games to Steam unless they are only a Steam game (MW2 and such).

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Roofy said:

You can add it to your list of games in steam as a non-steam game, and if you launch it through steam then the steam overlay should work. It will lack pretty pictures in the steam client and you won't be able to download it from within steam however.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Roofy said:

Add as non-steam game.

Shaneus

Oh for fuck's sake, now I can't even buy Civ4 in Australia? At least I know now that it's a distribution thing and not a ratings thing. But still...

Phloxy

Archie said:
Week 3:

Civ4 Complete - $9.95
Dawn of War 2 - $14.95
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI - $9.95
Battlefield 2 Complete - $14.95
Star Trek Online - $29.95
The Saboteur - $14.95
Caesar IV - $4.95
Sid Meier's Railroads - $4.95
Torchlight - $9.95
XCOM Complete - $4.95
NBA 2K10 - $9.95
East India Company Bundle - $19.95
Bioshock - $9.95
IL-2 Sturmovik - $4.95
Brothers in Arms Bundle - $14.95
Dawn of Discovery Gold - $34.95
HAWX - $9.95
Everquest II Sentinel's Fate - $19.95
Cities XL Limited Edition - $14.95
Altitude - $4.95

Thanks for the update, gonna re-do the OP.

Shaneus said:
Oh for fuck's sake, now I can't even buy Civ4 in Australia? At least I know now that it's a distribution thing and not a ratings thing. But still...

I could gift it to you?

Just PM me for my Paypal address if you're interested.

kamspy

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Bought SupCom Gold but having problems downloading it. After I get to around 2GB into the download I get an error that stops the download. I guess I need to get the official D2D downloader but I have bought half a dozen games off of D2D and never had any problems.

Anyone else having downloading issues? With my janky-ass home network it is probably an issue on my end

Chrome hates D2D for me. Firefox downloads them with no problem, and the D2D downloader is a fine tool, but also for whatever reason has problems with Chrome.

Are you running Chrome when you try to download?

Also,

I don't own Civ4. Never played it. I'm loving Tropico 3...

kamspy said:
Chrome hates D2D for me. Firefox downloads them with no problem, and the D2D downloader is a fine tool, but also for whatever reason has problems with Chrome.

Are you running Chrome when you try to download?

Also,

I don't own Civ4. Never played it. I'm loving Tropico 3...

I'd much rather just use Comrade, works great and creates an install link, boxart and keycode of new purchases when I make them.

Bought CIV IV for £5 great deal considering it includes both expansion and Colonization.

Top Bottom